IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Pictures of Palms at My Farm

Ken Johnson

I figured I shoot a few of my best palms to share here.

Ken,

Since you didn't show this one, I will... :drool:

IMG_04321.jpg

(yes...for a few coins you can have this little jewel installed in your yard...THE BORRASUS!!!)

IMG_04331.jpg

(I had Christian Faulkner -- cfkingfish -- stand on the base & hold it so it wouldn't tip over... :rolleyes: )

I CANNOT get my head around this at all. It just doesn't make sense!

WOOF to the nth degree.

upmelbavatar.jpg

Melbourne, Australia.

Temps range from -1C to 46C. Strange Climate.

The first palm I planted when I bought this property was this royal. It has a foot of wood 25 years ago!

The Corypha umbraculifera was in the ground, dug up for sale, never sold. and put back in front of my house!

Hey Ken, how does the Corypha umbraculifera look today, if you don't mind me asking. :)

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

The first palm I planted when I bought this property was this royal. It has a foot of wood 25 years ago!

The Corypha umbraculifera was in the ground, dug up for sale, never sold. and put back in front of my house!

Hey Ken, how does the Corypha umbraculifera look today, if you don't mind me asking. :)

Funny you should ask. It has almost doubled in size, I have a deposit on it and it is root prunnued.

I DIG PALMS

Call me anytime to chat about transplanting palms.

305-345-8918

https://www.facebook...KenJohnsonPalms

• 2 months later...

Hello Ken !

Congratulation for your farm !

You have a lot of rare palmtrees like yours Satakentia :D , Syagrus amara :drool: , Chambeyronia, Gastrococos ... !

What Syagrus species you grow ?

And do you have any Phoenix species ?

I can see on this picture a Phoenix roebelenii trunk on the middle:

post-50-1252780865_thumb.jpg

And all of the pots that are stacked on the left.. It's funny! That look like my garden :rolleyes: !

I can't wait to see your farm ! It'll be a very interesting and attractive experience !

JBG

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

How in Sam's green hell did I miss this show.Cocothrinax,Thrinax,Licuala,Ceroxolon,Brahea(Fla?),Howea(Fla?),Sarkentia,Kentiopis,...Well you get the picture.Not to mention those insane Borrassus,enough to drive poor Christian insane.

All other's stand down and give this guy some Quan! Anybody who gives no Quan to Ken is flat jealous or stupid!Let the Big Dog Eat!

Still to much of a newbie to have full appreciation for what I am seeing, but I agree with what this guy said. Giving Quan.

Can someone help me with "Quan?"

Jason

By the way, love the Dioone Ken!

Skell's Bells

Inland Central Florida, 28N, 81W. Humid-subtropical climate with occasional frosts and freezes. Zone 9b.

• 1 month later...

Ran across this thread and thought I would bump it.

David Simms zone 9a on Highway 30a

200 steps from the Gulf in NW Florida

30 ft. elevation and sandy soil

Gladly you're not too close to Sri Lanka, otherwise I would order many Carpoxylon and Copernica hospita !

Thanks for these beautiful pictures.

Do you believe Carpoxylon would grow in Sri Lanka? where Areca catechu, A, concinna, Oncospermums and Caryotas are endemic?

I can start with seeds and wait!

Regards.

5809129ecff1c_P1010385copie3.JPG.15aa3f5

Philippe

Jungle Paradise in Sri Lanka