IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Wanted Foxy Lady Palms / San Diego

Gregory La Mesa

Hello, I'm a newbie to palm talk and Palms in general. I would like to purchase Foxy Lady seeds or seedlings or smaller trees.

I'm in the San Diego area and I saw some at the Nursery in Rancho Sante Fe, way out of my price range and all large specimens.

Maybe they are just not available because of the prices they demand when grown to a larger size, I would appreciate any insight from all of you with information.

Wodyetia X Vetchia non Variegated

Wodyetia X Vetchia X Johannes

"Desperately Seeking Foxy Ladies!"

Thanks, Gregory in La mesa

Hi Gregory,

I got some from cycads-n-palms.com a few months ago.

They shipped them to me but I think you are pretty close to them.

There were all kind of sizes available at the time.

Chris

Hello, I'm a newbie to palm talk and Palms in general. I would like to purchase Foxy Lady seeds or seedlings or smaller trees.

I'm in the San Diego area and I saw some at the Nursery in Rancho Sante Fe, way out of my price range and all large specimens.

Maybe they are just not available because of the prices they demand when grown to a larger size, I would appreciate any insight from all of you with information.

Wodyetia X Vetchia non Variegated

Wodyetia X Vetchia X Johannes

"Desperately Seeking Foxy Ladies!"

Thanks, Gregory in La mesa

Hi Gregory

I am pretty sure that Foxy ladies do not produce a viable seed. The vetchia and foxtail will cross pollinate and produce a mule basically. The foxy lady can be obtained by picking foxtail seed that has been crossed or vetchia that has been crossed. I am new to palm talk also so somebody ,anybody correct me if im wrong.

Mike

Bayside Tree Farms is located in Homestead Florida USA
(305) 245-9544

Jungle Music had some very nice sized 2-3 gallon sized WodyetiaXVeitchias when I was there last month. They are in Encinitas, not too far from you.

Zone 9b/10a, Sunset Zone 22

7 miles inland. Elevation 120ft (37m)

Average annual low temp: 30F (-1C)

Average annual rainfall: 8" (20cm)

• 1 month later...

what happened, did you get one ?

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.