Sign in to follow this  
Tassie_Troy1971

Wireless weather station

mnorell

I don't have an Oregon, but I believe they have a good reputation. I believe the most-sold of the "pro" quality weather stations in the U.S. is Davis. I have a Davis VantagePro 2 and it is terrific. Not sure about availability in Oz/Tas but I bought mine from Ambient Weather, their prices are very low.

Neofolis

Unfortunately Ambient don't supply outside the US, but there are plenty of others that do, albeit not quite as cheap. The Davis equipment is definitely worth having, if you can get it at a sensible price.

ariscott

Unfortunately, they are about A$2000. I would love one... but can't justify the price. I had La Crosse for a few years and just died on me. We are thinking about getting Honeywell. Apparently Oregon is pretty good... but I don't have any experience with it myself.

Regards, Ari :)

freakypalmguy

Here is an old thread that has some discussion about this.

Weather Station Discussion Thread

I have had my Honeywell for over a year now and it has worked flawlessly.

Matt

falcon1988

I heard that Davis is more accurate in measuring temperature dew point etc but the price is something that i have to wait

and see at $500 is allot of money but they have newer weather stations that are touch screen now without the buttons

i was aiming towards that until i saw it was like 1-2 accuracy and i don't want that I think the best way to get a nice

weather station is go to Ebay or Craig list and see

Cristóbal

In the last month I buy the oregon scientific WMR200A - very good !