Sign in to follow this  
steve 9atx

Wow

PalmatierMeg

Just heard on noontime news that Saturday lows in Paradise will hit upper 30s. Rats.

war_eagle

The forecast looks a little bit better this evening. My zipcode in Pearland, TX is now forecast to see 37, 36, 38, 39 the next four nights, it was 38, 32, 34, 36 this morning. Lets hope that trend continues. Maybe we can avoid a freeze and any frost this time, there is supposed to be a minimum 5-10mph wind each night which should help keep the frost away. I'm just about sick of hauling the frost sensitive potted plants under the covered patio and covering the veggies in the garden! 2 or 3 more weeks ...

ruskinPalms

Damn...I really don't need anymore cold here....

_Keith

So weird, but I am not complaining. Lows of only 36 forecasted here.

war_eagle

Unfortunately the good trend reversed itself. Now the forecast is for 32F with light and variable wind (NWS says 5mph) and clear skies. NWS says a light freeze is probable in the suburbs, but only 1-2 hours below freezing. The temperature isn't too bad, but it looks to me like it will be pretty frosty in the morning.

_Keith

Still holding OK down here. Only a couple nights predicted at 36. Got a prediction sitting out next week at 34, which won't be a big deal, but bears watching in case predictions trend downward.

FRITO

for us in zone 9 why are we worried with temps in the low 30's this late in the season? my bananas.gingers, and cannas are long gone.

tender palms in pots can be brought in. anything else planted in the ground that cant take your avg low shouldnt be there unless you are "pushing the envelope" and right now the 'mail' is backed up and running slow (all these threads regarding cold damage in central and south florida) :lol:

keep 'em warm

Luke

steve 9atx

I suppose I should have saved the image of the US yesterday instead of posting the link, which is updated.

If you can "go back" on the wunderground image, you would see the continuous winter weather warnings

like Ms America's sash, 800 miles wide from Maine to New Mexico. As it turned out, it looked scarier that it

was - no freeze here.

Steve

galveston1602

back to back weeks in low 40's

sucks.... just keep the current predictions for a few more days and we should all be ok... (at least in these parts)

they missed yesterdays low by 3 degrees here, hit 38 with a prediction of 41. its amazing what a few miles and some water will do, as they registered 31 just a few miles inland...

tikitiki

Why wouldn't you be pushing the envelope?

for us in zone 9 why are we worried with temps in the low 30's this late in the season? my bananas.gingers, and cannas are long gone.

tender palms in pots can be brought in. anything else planted in the ground that cant take your avg low shouldnt be there unless you are "pushing the envelope" and right now the 'mail' is backed up and running slow (all these threads regarding cold damage in central and south florida) :lol:

keep 'em warm

Luke

Keith in SoJax

In Florida, I've come know winter as FreezeRBurn. Its cold and bone dry so we have fires. FreezeRBurn = winter in Florida. Welcome to Paradise...

FRITO

well I push the envelope on certain stuff. its just palms are relatively rare here and Trachy and Butia are the only thing found around, that trying anything else here is pushing quite hard.

pushing a full yard is diffrent than a few choice plants.

_Keith

It will be 30 outside tonight. Relatively mild here in Zone 9a. I have planted to my zone, maybe stretching just a tad. I will sleep like a baby tonight and have done absolutely nothing except pulling my blanket to my neck when I hop into the bed. I live a realistic life.

FRITO

lol Keith, you're cracking me up! acting so calm over there while hell is freezing over here in FLA.

I am calm and if anything excited....I think my queens are rogue! I already got a wholesale order lined up for needle palms and sabals for the spring!

hasta mañana! :asleep:

_Keith
lol Keith, you're cracking me up! acting so calm over there while hell is freezing over here in FLA.

I am calm and if anything excited....I think my queens are rogue! I already got a wholesale order lined up for needle palms and sabals for the spring!

hasta mañana! :asleep:

Go for it dude. You know what I know, and live what I live. We are in the same pool.