IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Sunsets

sur4z

crazy huh?? I did not take this photo.

nightlightening.jpg

The weight of lies will bring you down / And follow you to every town / Cause nothin happens here

That doesn't happen there / So when you run make sure you run / To something and not away from

Cause lies don't need an aero plane / To chase you anywhere

--Avett Bros

I doubt anyone did. Photoshop? :hmm:

John- Actually I took every photo (with my cell phone) I posted except the last one posted and the two from Mal Pais, Costa Rica...they were emailed to me.

The weight of lies will bring you down / And follow you to every town / Cause nothin happens here

That doesn't happen there / So when you run make sure you run / To something and not away from

--Avett Bros

here's the latest from 35 degree SOFLA...

sunset22.jpg

--Avett Bros

• 3 weeks later...

Friday Feb 20, 2009 - Cloudy sky. It sprinkled a couple times yesterday afternoon but it evaporated as soon as it hit the ground. What a tease!

P2200134.jpg

P2200135.jpg

P2200138.jpg

Formerly Jeff in Costa Rica

Jeff- Those photos in your last post are GREAT! The sunset below can't top yours but it's my latest.

photo77.jpg

--Avett Bros

Here is a nice sunset at the end of my street in Melbourne Beach,FL............lol

post-492-1235516114_thumb.jpg

Melbourne Beach, Florida on the barrier island -two blocks from the Atlantic Ocean and 6 homes from the Indian River Lagoon

No way anybody can top Weldertom! Weldertom/unbelievable. One more:

Picture188.jpg

What you look for is what is looking

• 4 weeks later...

Sunsets during our dry season (Nov-April) can be spectacular.This is sunset over the Pacific in front of my house.

c1ea_1.jpg

El Oasis - beach garden, distinct wet/dry season ,year round 20-38c

Las Heliconias - jungle garden ,800m elevation,150+ inches rainfall, year round 15-28c

DSC00075.jpg

I dont know what I did.This is what I wanted to post

El Oasis - beach garden, distinct wet/dry season ,year round 20-38c

Las Heliconias - jungle garden ,800m elevation,150+ inches rainfall, year round 15-28c

they just keep happening...it seems daily.

photo2224.jpg

--Avett Bros

they happen in north carolina too (lake glenville).

1fernbank.jpg

--Avett Bros

No fair Jeff, you're on the west coast! This is last night.

post-1035-1239224527_thumb.jpg

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

• 1 month later...

and another...

sunset444.jpg

--Avett Bros

Wow, that North Carolina shot looks like the forest fire scene in Bambi! :winkie:

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

• 3 months later...

you they keep happening...this was taken with an iphone...SOFLA

another.jpg

These were taken on Long island a week ago

MaineLongIsland045.jpg

MaineLongIsland043.jpg

MaineLongIsland048-1.jpg

--Avett Bros

I was a community just up the Negro River from Manaus on Saturday. I went down by the river to see if there would be a nice sunset. There are great sunsets over the Negro River. But, the clouds were in the way and it was just a nice end of the day. I was actually on a tributary that flows into the Negro at this point, the Tarumã Mirim river.

The trees of the river banks of the Tarumã Mirim had a nice glow at the long light from the end of the day still illumated them.

Sunsetfatimaigaposept26.jpg

Boats making some of their last passenger trips of the day. Looking out at the Negro River behind the islands.

AtsunsetRioNegroboatsFatima.jpg

The floating port of the community looking out toward the Negro River.

SunsetFatiimaSept26.jpg

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

03° 06' 07'' South 60° 01' 30'' West

Altitude 92 Meters / 308 feet above sea level

1,500 kms / 932 miles to the mouth of the Amazon River

Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil - A Cidade da Floresta

Where the world´s largest Tropical Rainforest embraces the Greatest Rivers in the World. .

82331.gif

Click here to visit Amazonas

amazonas2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes it rains on/during a sunset...

rain.jpg

--Avett Bros

sunset and palms

image001.jpg

--Avett Bros

• 2 weeks later...

Autumn sunsets are some of the best. Here's a shot taken this evening on the terrace, looking towards the Mediterranean Sea.

25.11.09.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Autumn sunsets are some of the best. Here's a shot taken this evening on the terrace, looking towards the Mediterranean Sea.

25.11.09.jpg

WOW!

--Avett Bros

This is what it looked like looking over the Negro River at sunset on Sunday night from my place in the country. It is not of a sunset as such, but the effect of the setting equatorial sun on a cloud formation.

dk

SunsetNov1river.jpg

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

Where the world´s largest Tropical Rainforest embraces the Greatest Rivers in the World. .

82331.gif

amazonas2.jpg

This is what it looked like looking over the Negro River at sunset on Sunday night from my place in the country. It is not of a sunset as such, but the effect of the setting equatorial sun on a cloud formation.

dk

SunsetNov1river.jpg

Very nice!

--Avett Bros

Spectacular, Don!

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

• 2 weeks later...

OK .. I am going a break a rule here.

Sunrise from my office here in Saudi Arabia the other morning.

Looking east... Its very rare that you can see those mountains .... We had some high pressure move in some cooler weather the other day and it has been spectacular here.

I think you will appreciate the Phoenix Palms along the highway......

post-492-1258720218_thumb.jpg

Melbourne Beach, Florida on the barrier island -two blocks from the Atlantic Ocean and 6 homes from the Indian River Lagoon

• 3 weeks later...

Sunset over the Caribbean somewhere north of Venezuela and south of Cuba flying from Manaus to Miami, Saturday, Dec 5.

dk

SunsetovercaribbeanDec509.jpg

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

82331.gif

amazonas2.jpg

This is generally not the land of sunsets, but I did snap this beautiful sky just a few mintues ago.

post-1207-1260487464_thumb.jpg

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

Now if I just had

my Camera....

Clayton, your turn

Lol.....

M.H.Edwards

"Living in the Tropic's

And loving it".............. smilie.gif

• 4 weeks later...

you can see from the flag that the wind is out of the north which is blasting us with cold weather.

sun2.jpg

this one looks like a highwayman painting.

mail.jpg

--Avett Bros

the last sunset for 2009

sun.jpg

the first sunset for 2010

jan1.jpg

--Avett Bros

This was last night...it was a show stopper and even covered by the local evening news.

newyear.jpg

--Avett Bros

• 1 month later...

Here are 4-Hawaiian Sunsets taken from our home in South Kona, Big Island.

post-90-12665536481418_thumb.jpg

post-90-12665536794237_thumb.jpg

post-90-12665537179782_thumb.jpg

post-90-1266553744868_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hawaii Island (Big Island), leeward coast, 19 degrees N. latitude, south Kona mauka at approx. 380m (1,250 ft.) and about 1.6 km (1-mile) upslope from ocean.

No record of a hurricane passing over this island (yet!).  

Summer maximum rainfall - variable averaging 900-1150mm (35-45") - Perfect drainage on black volcanic rocky soil.  

Nice sunsets!

Here are 5-more taken from our home in South Kona, Hawaii. Enjoy!

post-90-12665538743725_thumb.jpg

post-90-12665539083072_thumb.jpg

post-90-12665539379028_thumb.jpg

post-90-1266553991291_thumb.jpg

post-90-12665540115474_thumb.jpg

Hawaii Island (Big Island), leeward coast, 19 degrees N. latitude, south Kona mauka at approx. 380m (1,250 ft.) and about 1.6 km (1-mile) upslope from ocean.

No record of a hurricane passing over this island (yet!).  

Summer maximum rainfall - variable averaging 900-1150mm (35-45") - Perfect drainage on black volcanic rocky soil.  

Nice sunsets!