IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Sunsets

sur4z

Each evening after work (when it's not raining) I try to get some exercise, so I go for a walk. I walk along the intercoastal waterway (in south Florida) for first half of the walk and along the ocean for the last half. The views are tough to take. Anyway, all of a sudden I started noticing these incredible sunsets so I started taking pictures with my cell phone. Here are a few...

11-06-08_1749.jpg

12-02-08_1751.jpg

12-26-06_1745.jpg

The weight of lies will bring you down / And follow you to every town / Cause nothin happens here

That doesn't happen there / So when you run make sure you run / To something and not away from

Cause lies don't need an aero plane / To chase you anywhere

--Avett Bros

and a few more...

01-18-08_1801.jpg

10-10-08_1907.jpg

CIMG0711.jpg

The weight of lies will bring you down / And follow you to every town / Cause nothin happens here

That doesn't happen there / So when you run make sure you run / To something and not away from

--Avett Bros

I love the sunsets over the water... I have a buddy with a beach house out around Sailfish Point and the sunsets are just magnificent. Great pics! Where is the little cove (appears to be a cove) in the last photo?

That last one looks like somewhere around somewhere like Key Largo,Fl.

What you look for is what is looking

this foto i take friday 17 january of sunset in tijuana.

post-285-1232671681_thumb.jpg

TEMP. JAN. 21/10 C (69/50 F), AUG. 29/20 C (84/68 F). COASTAL DESERT, MOST DAYS MILD OR WARM, SUNNY AND DRY. YEARLY PRECIPITATION: 210 MM (8.2 INCHES). ZONE 11 NO FREEZES CLOSE TO THE OCEAN.

5845d02ceb988_3-copia.jpg.447ccc2a7cc4c6

here are a few more...ADD YOUR OWN...

10-09-08_1901.jpg

10-08-08_1908.jpg

08-03-07_1736.jpg

--Avett Bros

I live on the west coast of Costa Rica and we get to see some amazing sunsets during the short dry season.

Here are some of my favorites

P2040002.jpg

JulioTrip060.jpg

Having sangria at sunset

JulioTrip058.jpg

JulioTrip061.jpg

Formerly Jeff in Costa Rica

i take this foto like 2 years ago in the christmas by the beach south of tijuana. in this day theres many dolfins by the beach in the back of the waves.

i use zoom for this.

post-285-1232861322_thumb.jpg

TEMP. JAN. 21/10 C (69/50 F), AUG. 29/20 C (84/68 F). COASTAL DESERT, MOST DAYS MILD OR WARM, SUNNY AND DRY. YEARLY PRECIPITATION: 210 MM (8.2 INCHES). ZONE 11 NO FREEZES CLOSE TO THE OCEAN.

Jeff- I don't have any personal pictures of the sunsets in Costa Rica but I have been fortunate to have experienced them

while there surfing in Jaco, Hermosa, Boca Baranca and Mal Pais. Let's see some more.

--Avett Bros

Surf4z, here are a few more...

I like climbing to the top of this rock to watch the sunset, someone else already beat me to it that day

PC200087.jpg

Clouds at sunset

PC190008.jpg

Setting sun and crashing waves

P2020003.jpg

Heres a few different ones, I found quickly looking through some folders, of course my favorite is my avatar....

post-386-1232938681_thumb.jpg

post-386-1232938697_thumb.jpg

post-386-1232938717_thumb.jpg

Allen

Galveston Island Tx

9a/9b

8' Elevation

Sandy Soil

Jan Avgs 50/62

Jul Avgs 80/89

Average Annual Rainfall 43.5"

here are two photos taken from my buddy's house in Mal Pais, CR...it doesn't get much better than this!

ext1.jpg

ext2.jpg

--Avett Bros

:) I am a sucker for a beautiful sunset shot, all these have me sighing with awe, just beautiful!

Cristobal, congratulations on capturing the shot of the sunset January 17th -- I was cursing myself for not having my camera while I watched the same sky show that evening. Also, the dolphin shot is fantastic!

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

I took this one last night...

sunset.jpg

--Avett Bros

I found this photo and started to post it, then realized it was a sunrise. I decided to post it anyway. :)

I took this photo in North Wildwood NJ in June 2008. Sunrise over the Atlantic.

P6090011.jpg

Last Night.

post-1035-1233061732_thumb.jpg

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

Lovely pictures of sunsets!!!

This one was taken during a vacation in Morroco january 2007.

med_gallery_4113_1888_27070.jpg

//Ciczi

Greetings from the southernmost Swedish town Trelleborg,

also known as the Palmcity.

USDA zone 7 with a good microclimate

Beautiful stuff.

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B

John, Those are some mind boggling shots together with color and out of the ordinary cloud formations! Wow and thanks. This Post needs to go on and on!

What you look for is what is looking

All the photos are great! John yours look like the northern lights. Here is one from Zijuatenajo that was sent to me.

DSC00619.jpg

--Avett Bros

And here is a random shot from Battery Park in Manhattan looking across the Hudson River at New Jersey...right where the plane landed

a week or so ago.

CIMG0741.jpg

--Avett Bros

Well...I'm really out of my league here - there are some really amazing shots in this thread! Here's my lame contribution - to help keep it going. :) These were taken out of a moving car on Rte. 301 on the eastern shore of MD a few years ago.

NovSky05-002.jpg

NovSky05-005.jpg

Tom

Bowie, Maryland, USA - USDA z7a
hardiestpalms.com

Here's one from my front yard.

post-208-1233294653_thumb.jpg

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

And another

post-208-1233294728_thumb.jpg

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

And antoher

post-208-1233294767_thumb.jpg

And one more.

post-208-1233294803_thumb.jpg

sunset in parque del palmerito, cataviña, baja california.

this is new park for the conservation of palms and plants of baja california. i love this place its beautiful !

i go there when for my work im in this area.

see the link for beautiful brahea armata and washingtonia robusta and filifera in habitat.

Parque del Palmerito

(spanish and english)

post-285-1233306377_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cristóbal

Cristobal, you win the prize for the colour purple, and the dried plant in shot adds a touch of Dali surrealism. Tom, your eagle shot is in no way a lame contribution. I though I was looking at an oil painting. It screams serenity, to me at least.

these are ALL great shots! double points if they have palms in 'em! :lol:

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

Tom, your eagle shot is in no way a lame contribution. I though I was looking at an oil painting. It screams serenity, to me at least.

Thanks! You might have to rethink the serenity thing, though...it's actually a vulture! :o (Hmm...maybe you are correct after all. :hmm::D )

Tom

hardiestpalms.com

More, More!

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

Tom, your eagle shot is in no way a lame contribution. I thought I was looking at an oil painting. It screams serenity, to me at least.

Thanks! You might have to rethink the serenity thing, though...it's actually a vulture! :o (Hmm...maybe you are correct after all. :hmm::D )

Okay, so it screams, "Run!". :lol:

Reminds me of being parked up in a reserve and having a Booted Eagle descent on me. Just by altering their wing trim those birds can drop like firemen down a pole!

Okay, so it screams, "Run!". :lol:

Reminds me of being parked up in a reserve and having a Booted Eagle descent on me. Just by altering their wing trim those birds can drop like firemen down a pole!

I'm guessing if a vulture is scoping you out, your running days are over. :D

The only eagle we have around here is the American Bald Eagle - the national symbol. Don't see too many, though. Most are around the Chesapeake Bay.

Tom

hardiestpalms.com