Sign in to follow this  
cagary

Staying logged in

cagary

How I stay logged in? It seems that if I go to another site or check my e-mail for a few minutes, when I come back to Palmtalk, I'm logged out.

Is there some way to stay logged in for say 24 hours or permanently?

Thanks!

paulgila

there is a box you can check on the log in page but it doesnt work for me.

i used to stay logged in at all times just to keep people guessing but no more. :angry:

John in Andalucia
How I stay logged in? It seems that if I go to another site or check my e-mail for a few minutes, when I come back to Palmtalk, I'm logged out.

Is there some way to stay logged in for say 24 hours or permanently?

Thanks!

A few reasons I know of for being logged out after you thought you were logged in:

1. You deleted your temporary Internet files (including cookies)

2. Of the two login links: PalmTalk.org :: PALMTALK (page top-right) you clicked on the second one, "PALMTALK" which for some reason will show you as logged out on the forum home page, but if you click on a post you will see that you are still logged in. Obviously, it hasn't been fixed yet.

3. Your Internet connection "blipped" - i.e. If you monetarily lose your Internet signal, and your "session" will automatically end. I'm on a router which occasionally drops the ADSL signal from our phone line, so I have to keep logging in when the router plays up.

If none of these apply to you, then I don't know what else to suggest.