IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Anyone Buying Stocks?

Kathryn

Has anyone been buying or selling stocks? Most of my investments are for long-term, but I have a portion of my money that I play with. I've been much more cautious lately and have made mostly good decisions.

I bought some $3 GM stock two weeks ago and planned to keep it long-term, but when it went up over $5 last week, I decided to sell. I think this stock will go up and down over the next few months, but will be a good buy in the long run, so I plan to purchase it again. I didn't expect it to go up that much in one week - a 65% increase.

Anyone else playing around? What are you considering?

I have been gobbling up shares left and right since early October. If your philosophy is to buy and hold then this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to buy some companies shares at discount prices. A few companies I have purchased shares of recently are Siemens, 3M, Johnson & Johnson and Leucadia.

Cincinnati, Ohio USA & Mindo, Ecuador

Warren Buffett is buying.

The stocks you need to purchase are those that are selling for price/earning ratio less than their growth rate, there are some but the search will take time.

John Case

Brentwood CA

Owner and curator of Hana Keu Garden

USDA Zone 9b more or less, Sunset Zone 14 in winter 9 in summer

"Its always exciting the first time you save the world. Its a real thrill!"

I am trading but not buying anything to hold long term. You can make a ton of money in this type of market by trading the swings. I think we have a long, long way to go and this is just the beginning. I think we see S&P 600 in the next year. Until them I am a trader.

Kathryn that sounds like you made a great trade. Personally I wouldn't buy GM since I think what ever bailout is given will hurt common equity holders in the long term.

beepah, I beleive that Buffet in his most recent deals is buying trust-preferred securities with a 10% annual dividend and not common stock. I sold my GE stock the day he raped them. I would also be careful reading anything into current or forward looking p/e's right now. Other then probably being lower, who really knows what the future "e" is going to be in this economy.

Ron

Wellington, Florida

Zone 11 in my mind

Zone 10a 9a in reality

13miles West of the Atlantic in Palm Beach County

It certainly needs a few bulls in the market at the moment to start pushing prices up again. Whilst there are bargains to be had, in the UK at least, there are some household names that have been around forever going under at the moment, so nothing is without risk. I've had a long term interest in the markets, since I was about 10, due to my dad owning a finance company, but I've never had the disposable cash to dabble with, maybe one day.

]

Corey Lucas-Divers

Dorset, UK

Ave Jul High 72F/22C (91F/33C Max)

Ave Jul Low 52F/11C (45F/7C Min)

Ave Jan High 46F/8C (59F/15C Max)

Ave Jan Low 34F/1C (21F/-6C Min)

Ave Rain 736mm pa

I think you're crazy NOT to buy right now. There are so many solid companies out there right now that got thrown out with the baby and the financials. I wouldn't hold anything long term, I think "long term" has been a dead idea and the past 2 months validated that even moreso.

Only thing ticking me off at the moment is I was sicker than a dog on Friday and didn't feel like dragging out of bed to watch a waste of opening half trading day. Wish I had because most of what I had would have been sold and bought yesterday again. Instead, today I'm just watching the profit I made last week and lost yesterday rebound a little. So irritating down 700 points in a day but you only gain 50% back.

At the moment, I've been playing with AA, BAC, BBY, DD and EBAY. These are just my current picks and I don't recommend them one way or another.

Plantation.gif

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I'm actually a broker by trade ( no pun intended) :lol:... This market is perfect for trading. Still a bit early for buy and hold strategies because I think the worst of the news is shortly to come. However, you could still go long term by buying into Industry specific ETFs. The industries will be alive in the US, they wont go away (with the exception of possibly the Auto industry) and picking which particular company will survive is tough at the moment due to lack of transparency.

I wouldn't play the auto bailout personally or any bailout at all. Remember that bailout recipients will have to pay back the US gov most likely through the issuance of common shares (dilution) so Shareholder Equity is virtually irradicated (on paper). AIG is a good example. Its now owned 80% by the US govt. Given that it was trading in the 60 $ range before the Credit Crunch, that would make it possibly a 12.00 stock (20% remaining equity * 60.00). Now that's only possible if AIG works its way up to the same company it was before the crisis. And we're talking a time period of at least 5 years to even get a glimmer of the company it once was. There's better, quicker value elsewhere.

I like playing the major currencies especially with the USD so high (GBP, EUR, AUD , CAD). I also like these particular stocks for trading and possible investment opportunities are TSO, V, DIG, DUG, NVDA, FSLR, XLF and XL. There are many more but that's what I've been playing lately.

Remember that a rise in the Housing sector is going to signal the end of the recession/depression. When people start going back to getting mortgages, banks can make some capital. This will in turn allow banks to reinvest into the market and provide loans to many small cap companies. So, as soon as I here decent housing numbers I'm all in! Especially, in small and medium cap stocks. They are the ones who will become the big boys in the next 10 years. Many of the Big Boys will either be gone or still recovering in my opinion!

Also, Obama's plan is for more $$ into green technologies. Solar has gotten all the hype. But I think Wind may have great potential. Something to think about. I think the next generation of power will come from a combination of both Solar and wind Tech so either one may be a good play.

Disclaimer: I'm merely a broker (aka scumbag! :lol: ) not an Investment Advisor so please do your own Due Diligence. This is not a solicitation.

Cheers and best of luck to you all!

Michael Ferreira

Bermuda-Humid(77% ave), Subtropical Zone 11, no frost

Warm Season: (May-November): Max/Min 81F/73F

Cool Season: (Dec-Apr): Max/Min 70F/62F

Record High: 94F

Record Low: 43F

Rain: 55 inches per year with no dry/wet season

I have a great fear of Wall Street.I have always felt that it is controlled by the 50 players and everyone else are spectators.If you are on the inside,great. Otherwise,you may as well be in Vegas.

From my small perspective, I do not believe we are anywhere close to bottom.I base this on my experience working with Lenders primarily doing workouts.I am working with Borrowers who have 100 Mill sheets but cannot come up with 200K for a one year extension.The Hedge funds are selling assets 10 to 20 cents on the dollar because they are being squeezed for redemption.The reality of Madoff has yet to fully evidence itself yet in the market and everyone is defer,defer,defer with the hope that things will get better in the near future.Their is no reality based factor to inspire confidence that I have seen and I do not see anything in Washington on the horizon that lends itself to hope.This is Big.

What you look for is what is looking

Uhhh...Buy low, sell high! (BUY NOW)

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

I am very well diversified. I have some money in the basement, some under the mattress, and some buried next to the rootball of a Veitchia Arecina.

Coastal San Diego, California

Z10b

Dry summer subtropical/Mediterranean

warm summer/mild winter

Gold bullion. Call me a pessimist if you will(and I am not). I am very worried and concerned.My perspective is not market driven but derived from bank related work.

I agree with Bubba. My perspective is from the realistate point of view as my wife is a realtor. The foreclosure thing has NOT hit a bottom yet and they are determining the market price right now and so home prices are still dropping. Unemployment rates are going to increase dramaticaly and hows that stimulis package workin for you :hmm: . I think with that extra $13 a week I might be able to go to Starbucks again :lol: . I have gone completely cash and carry and I'm hiding whats left under my mattress. The tax increases that are 1 vote away from passing in Cali are SCARY :blink: . I could go on and on but getting back to the market, I think it will test new lows soon! Put your money in gold and Cycads :rolleyes: .

Stevo

Urban Rainforest Palms,Cycads and Exotics. Were in San Diego Ca. about 5 miles from the beach on Tecolote canyon. It seems to be an ideal growing climate with moderate temps. and very little frost. Vacation Rental in Leilani Estates, big island Hi PM me if interested in staying there.

I agree with Bubba. My perspective is from the realistate point of view as my wife is a realtor. The foreclosure thing has NOT hit a bottom yet and they are determining the market price right now and so home prices are still dropping. Unemployment rates are going to increase dramaticaly and hows that stimulis package workin for you :hmm: . I think with that extra $13 a week I might be able to go to Starbucks again :lol: . I have gone completely cash and carry and I'm hiding whats left under my mattress. The tax increases that are 1 vote away from passing in Cali are SCARY :blink: . I could go on and on but getting back to the market, I think it will test new lows soon! Put your money in gold and Cycads :rolleyes: .

Stevo

Ditto... and the budget passed today so the increases are a done deal. You reaaaaalllly have to love living in Cali to put up with this stuff. Now, the Florida Keys with no personal income tax and a zone 11 climate.....hmmmmm..... Nope, she'd never go for it. I guess I'm stuck in horrible San Diego. ;)

Z10b

warm summer/mild winter

Stevo

Ditto... and the budget passed today so the increases are a done deal. You reaaaaalllly have to love living in Cali to put up with this stuff. Now, the Florida Keys with no personal income tax and a zone 11 climate.....hmmmmm..... Nope, she'd never go for it. I guess I'm stuck in horrible San Diego. ;)

Epi, I saw they passed the cali tax increases today and it was bad news indeed. Stimulis package + $800 Cali tax increases average family - $ 1500= $700 more in the hole :angry: . I think I'm going to cash in whats left of my 401 k and buy that hairysuit Cycad :drool::drool: . Then I could have something BS man does'nt have :lol: or does he :hmm: . Yeah Cali is starting to suck and Hawaii is looking better all the time!!!

Stevo

Urban Rainforest Palms,Cycads and Exotics. Were in San Diego Ca. about 5 miles from the beach on Tecolote canyon. It seems to be an ideal growing climate with moderate temps. and very little frost. Vacation Rental in Leilani Estates, big island Hi PM me if interested in staying there.

Not hairysuit here, just a pain in my bent over posterior from the USSR, oops, I mean state of Cali.

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

All I can say is don't move to FL just for the 'no state income tax"...we also have some of the worst public schools in the US (they don;t have enough math books to go around so no one in my daughter's 8th grade class has a book to bring home). No taxes=no services here in a lot of sectors. We are looking at a private high school come next year.

"You can't see California without Marlon Brando's eyes"---SliPknot

And most Americans are too fat to move to New Zealand!

Our portfolio is very diversified and we are just riding it out. But I agree with Bubba - it's gonna be a long, hard ride and we will all look like we've been rode hard and put up wet!

Being the optimist that I am I do believe good things will come out of this - closer family ties, less stuff we don't need, cars that last longer and run on something other than gasoline, a form of victory gardening, realizing what really matters in life. It won't happen today or this year but I do think we will be OK in the end. And the ones of us who have a little plot that can grow things to eat may be better off. We may also come to realize that bigger ain't always better, that we don't need the latest and greatest when the old one works just fine, and that living in a mansion ain't all its cracked up to be. Maybe the ones of us who grew up poor are better prepared.

Palmmermaid

Kitty Philips

West Palm Beach, FL

Don't call me Nostradamus from San Diego but since I said a couple days ago that the stock market would find new lows soon we are setting at a 6 year low and currently in freefall :blink: . It's actually just common since. When every time you turn on the TV and you here about the latest company shutting down (last night it was my wifes Albertsons) or the latest conman on wall street it just continues to bring consumer confidense down. I agree with Kitty that the best thing that can happen from this is a return to family values and not having to keep up with the jonse's. Except for the occasional palm or Cycad and mortgage and bills I am not buying anything now. I know I may be part of the problem but I'm not alone and I'm stashing my cash :unsure: . We saw this coming and sold our big gas guzzlers and got economical vehicles, shop alot at the 99 cent store and are just riding the storm out :badday: . Fortunately I have my plants and garden as these are good distactions from all the bad news and some of the most positive things in my life. Lets all hope for the best and prepare for the worst and take care of our families :)

Stevo

Awww man....this topic made me go look at my work 401k......

It looks like it has lost 40.2% of its value since the peak in Oct 2007......

Ah well....I guess well all just work a few decades longer than planned!

Larry 

Palm Harbor, FL 10a / Ft Myers, FL 10b

I work for a company that was just able to give us a 3.4% bonus recently...thank god but my better half has been layed off since late June 08'. We've been feeling the pinch for a long time & I am seeing first hand how hard it is out there. Thank god we didn't buy that bigger house (think mortgage) when we talked about it 2 yrs ago. It's all we can do to hang on to our little place right now. I really hope things get better soon. I am (re)learning the lesson of gratitude daily.

Bren in South St. Pete Florida

I've been playing since October, currently down a bit due to some early bad picks....but I am learning. I really like FCX-Freeport McMoran Copper (China infastructure play) and Gold (small hedge). Also have some ADM- Archer Daniels Midland (food, ethanol and biodiesel play) thats holding its own. Just picked up some EXC-Excelon Corp. stock today as it hit my buy target.

Unfortunately my bad moves include a speculative (China biodiesel) play.....GU- Gushan Environmental which has really plunged from my 2.60/share buy price. I also own some TRN-Trinity Industries which has gotten clobbered recently.....although I still have hopes that this one will turnaround as a (rail/barge/wind/crushed aggregate) infastructure play.

I agree this is a Traders Market and I have been trying to buy at the bottom of monthly ranges and selling at the top of those same ranges. Still developing a strategy.

What I really am depressed about is my retirement funds......I moved most of it to a Variable Annuity (AXA) and I find out today that AXA the company has been downgraded :unsure: ....not sure if I should take the penalty and get it out now or let it ride? Also own a small portion of a really good commercial real estate REIT ...... but now I'm unsure if the commercial real estate might not be the next shoe to drop?

Of course, I bought several Vanguard and Fidelity mutual funds from a family property sale........(In August! :rage: ) right before the bottom fell out. Man that hurts! I am letting it ride.....I bought Emerging Markets :angry: , Mixed Bond/Equity fund :angry: , Oil and Nat. Gas fund :rage: , Inflation protected fund :hmm: , and a gold fund that is about to break even :) . Couldn't have timed things worse. Oh well, at least we sold the property before all of this happened.

As these investments (mutual funds) break even or maybe even rally (think gold) I will be pulling my cash out and paying down my new property in South Walton......this is my goal, to move out of my current location and build a new home on my dream property......and plant it in palms.....got to keep a focus on long term goals.

David Simms zone 9a on Highway 30a

200 steps from the Gulf in NW Florida

30 ft. elevation and sandy soil

Thank god we didn't buy that bigger house (think mortgage) when we talked about it 2 yrs ago.

Heck yes!

My wife and I also thought about buying a bigger house several times in the past few years.....surely I am glad we didnt for no other reason than those same houses are available now for 30-40% less! Some are down even more than that......

Larry 

I work for a company that was just able to give us a 3.4% bonus recently...

We should be GOOD AMERICANS and BLOW OUR BONUSES ON USELESS JUNK! LOL.

Larry 

Hi guys,

Bad news again on the market. But here's something to think about.

The stock market is a leading economic indicator so, it will move before we get the really good news that the housing market has recovered. I'm not saying to go all in and BUY BUY BUY... but have your strategy planned out for when the time is right.

Best of luck to you all and hopefully we'll all be smiling a year down the road (maybe 3-5 years for Dow 14,000).

Cheers,

mike

Michael Ferreira

• 2 weeks later...

The stock market has been up for 3 days and indications are it will go higher today. Do you think the bottom has been hit, or is this just a bear bounce?

I think there are probably more lows waiting out there.

Dick

• Upvote 1

Richard Douglas

The stock market has been up for 3 days and indications are it will go higher today. Do you think the bottom has been hit, or is this just a bear bounce?

I think there are probably more lows waiting out there.

Dick

Dick-

Have you ever read Harry S. Dent's stuff? He predicts stock market performance using (primarily) demographics.

Im not sure what to think of him.......sometimes I think he is onto something and other times I think not.

Larry 

Larry,

I used to read the Wall Streat Journal every day, but now that I have a financial manager, I let him worry about all that. About all the financial news I get is on TV, and it's usually not good news. I think half the problem we have is all the bad news brodcast on TV and in the newspapers, and it puts everyone into a frump.

My guy was selling most of my blue chips several months to a year ago, and moving the money into money markets and I thought he was crazy. In retrospect, I'm glad he did. I think we are near seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, but who knows when? That's what financial managers get paid for.

Dick

• Upvote 1

Richard Douglas

I’m not holding much long term right now; I buy on the way down and sell on the way up. I don’t know how low the market might go, but I don’t think it will begin to recover until sometime in 2010 at the earliest.

The DJIA and other market indicators aren’t exactly a reflection of how the economy is doing; they are a reflection of how buyers think the market is doing. Therefore, the market recovery will lag the economic recovery.

The market will probably have peaks and valleys for the next year or so with an overall downward trend. I mostly focus on companies that I think will do well during the recession, have good dividends and will be strong in the long run, such as BP, HPQ, KFT, PG, WMT, KO, HD, RDSA, JPM, VZ, MSFT.

I can watch the market regularly since I’m usually at my computer. Sometimes I’m in meetings and may miss opportunities so I set up orders to trade at my buy and sell points. Sometimes a stock will shoot up right at the open, hit my trigger point to sell and then come right back down. Without a preset order, I would have missed a lot of opportunities.

Sometime next year I will probably get back into more of a buy and hold mode.

I don’t really know anything;, this is just my strategy, not advise for others to follow. I’m interested in hearing about other opinions and strategies.

Dear Friends :)

A request for all go slow on stock investment...for the next 8 years ! :huh: Once you see demand for finished goods,it means economy is recovering.i personally feel that lots of multinational companies operating globally is going to file for bankcrupsy.never trust the media's opnion poll.gold investments is fine bet.

And i have heard a lot of waren buffet there & Mr junjun wala here...allow these guys to play with their money but you need not take their work for granted. :huh:

And if anyone is asking for reasons,,,

1) cheap priced finished products from PRC & Prc_Hong kong being pumped into global market.

2) outsourcing of U.S BPO's into south asia...India,singapore,malayasia..and they have grown a lot since then.

3) global tensions...and terrorisium & a war like situation in middle east,indo-pak,iraq's unpopular goverment,afghan confussion.

4) most of the countries around the world do have most of the consumer durables all ready purschased,i.e T.V,washing machines,blender,cell phones,digital cameras,a decent bike or a car per house,kitchen tools,garden tools,hair drier,vaccum cleaners,dvd players,DTH...etc.when all these are working fine for them who will buy new one from a huge multicorporation.result lay-off to workers !

5) few months back we even witnessed enemorous rise in fossil fuel price hike and resulting in air travel ticket price hike & price hike in edible products etc..

6) the multimedia keeps reporting the highs & low of every countries stock market result,all are scared to invest in to the system.

7) cut in bank lendings & loans rates...this has resulted in people buying new house but do not have employment to pay the dues back.

8) the situation looks grim globally...until & unless some mericle takes palce,where their is some demand for finished products.

Recent report indicate that the most industrious country japan has reported that their companies have laid off around 70 % of their workers,reason most of their products are manufactured in outsourced factory in countries like china,malayasia,singapore,thailand,indonesia,phillipines...

So if new anti dumping laws & protectionist duties are levies by all the countries,their by curtaling free market economy...then their is hope for the indeginus manufacturing units.

And employment oppurtunities for once own countries citizen as right to livelyhood should become manditory(so out sourcing of factories & BPO's) should be banned with immediate effect to bring some breather/relief to the ailing global economy.

i think i have spoken enough,the mantra for the hour is buy your own country products and spend less :) it may sound like socialisium,but this is the only way to keep the native factories & manufacturing units afloat !

Before commenting on the above statement,just think why & where the economy went wrong,you will only find similar opnion as i have written above.

May god be with us,

Kris :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

5) few months back we even witnessed enemorous rise in fossil fuel price hike and resulting in air travel ticket price hike & price hike in edible products etc..

Kris, few months ago prices of oil (for barrel) did not rise, but fell!

From almost $150 for barel, to $40.

island Vis, adriatic sea, Croatia. Zone 9b/10a

Temperature low last winter: -0.9°C/30.4 F

Temperature low this winter: -0.3°C/31.5 F

-Creating my own little palm heaven-

I think Kris was talking about the run up prior to the more more recent drop in oil prices.

Larry 

Dear Friends :)

A request for all go slow on stock investment...for the next 8 years ! :huh: Once you see demand for finished goods,it means economy is recovering.i personally feel that lots of multinational companies operating globally is going to file for bankcrupsy.never trust the media's opnion poll.gold investments is fine bet.

And i have heard a lot of waren buffet there & Mr junjun wala here...allow these guys to play with their money but you need not take their work for granted. :huh:

And if anyone is asking for reasons,,,

1) cheap priced finished products from PRC & Prc_Hong kong being pumped into global market.

2) outsourcing of U.S BPO's into south asia...India,singapore,malayasia..and they have grown a lot since then.

3) global tensions...and terrorisium & a war like situation in middle east,indo-pak,iraq's unpopular goverment,afghan confussion.

4) most of the countries around the world do have most of the consumer durables all ready purschased,i.e T.V,washing machines,blender,cell phones,digital cameras,a decent bike or a car per house,kitchen tools,garden tools,hair drier,vaccum cleaners,dvd players,DTH...etc.when all these are working fine for them who will buy new one from a huge multicorporation.result lay-off to workers !

6) the multimedia keeps reporting the highs & low of every countries stock market result,all are scared to invest in to the system.

7) cut in bank lendings & loans rates...this has resulted in people buying new house but do not have employment to pay the dues back.

8) the situation looks grim globally...until & unless some mericle takes palce,where their is some demand for finished products.

Recent report indicate that the most industrious country japan has reported that their companies have laid off around 70 % of their workers,reason most of their products are manufactured in outsourced factory in countries like china,malayasia,singapore,thailand,indonesia,phillipines...

So if new anti dumping laws & protectionist duties are levies by all the countries,their by curtaling free market economy...then their is hope for the indeginus manufacturing units.

And employment oppurtunities for once own countries citizen as right to livelyhood should become manditory(so out sourcing of factories & BPO's) should be banned with immediate effect to bring some breather/relief to the ailing global economy.

i think i have spoken enough,the mantra for the hour is buy your own country products and spend less :) it may sound like socialisium,but this is the only way to keep the native factories & manufacturing units afloat !

Before commenting on the above statement,just think why & where the economy went wrong,you will only find similar opnion as i have written above.

May god be with us,

Kris :)

Kris, You are a wise man and you have a very good understanding of what is really going on. This thing is far from over with millions more layoffs, foreclosures, vehicle repos etc coming this year :badday: . Many BIG companies would already be bankrupt but they keep getting bailed out. I saw how this thing happened first hand as my wife is a realtor. I saw it go from being able to sell a house before a sign went in the ground to having to deal with mostly investors wanting to low ball everything. The USA is no longer a country of manufacturers but a country of spenders. We are all hooked on the drug of credit and MANY are ODing. And remember just as things start to look good again hyper inflation is going to hit because of all the trillions of dollars being printed with no backing. They say the stock market recovers 9 to 12 months before the economy so we'll see. Some good advise. If you don't need it don't buy it (unless it's a plant of course :) ), pay off debt, save cash and if you have to invest buy gold and Cycads :drool: . I hope everybody here gets through this just fine.

Stevo

Pivi, The reason oil was going for almost $150 a barrel is the same reason 1950's houses in my neighborhood were going for 7 and 8 hundred thousand dollars. It's called GREED :rage: .

Stevo

Dear Peter :)

You are right my friend,but i did not want to be too presice on that exact month or year,since i did not want to pin point a perticular U.S adminastration & its friendly OPEC group for this.since you brought it up as i was inaccurate on those figures.i had to say all these... :huh:

And iam glad larry & steve understood what i was saying..."that is be careful with your hard earned money" And this is not the time to gamble at all ! :blink:

And i have lots of stocks bought from the company when they were starting a fresh issue.around one and half years back it did sky rocketed,my brother & cousions all sold theirs but i wanted to be in those company as a shareholder till i die...But peity is that those companies seem now to wither away in present situation.But i have not bought these share in the secondary market..so my losses are preety meger_since iam not a regular player in this field to worry much ! :rolleyes:

So friends watch your step...

God save us all from the present rescession,

Kris.

love conquers all..

43278.gif

I see Kris right on point.Buffet has no more fish to fry in the game and following him like the Pied Piper is like following the Pied Piper.(watch out for the lemmings) We are in new,unknown territory working without a net.No play book exists for this game.The world is global and stacked like dominoes.Get back to your family,palms, learn to grow your own food and secure your property.

No....I will never buy stocks again. It is a rigged game, I don't know the rules, and I don't have enough cabbage to play with the rule makers, much less change them. Though that AIG bonus I got sure comes in handy.

Z10b

warm summer/mild winter

The stock market is a big casino :mrlooney: . Your better off taking your money to vegas :rolleyes: You'll have more fun and the drinks are free :drool::drool: .

Stevo

The stock market is a big casino :mrlooney: . Your better off taking your money to vegas :rolleyes: You'll have more fun and the drinks are free :drool::drool: .

Stevo

:winkie::lol:

love conquers all..

43278.gif

• 2 months later...

Is anybody in the market yet?? I'm thinking we're do for a good pull back considering the Dow is sitting on a 35% gain in 2 months!!

Michael Ferreira

I just finished Michael Lewis's update called "the end" written several months ago, 20 years after "Liar's Poker". He is incredulous that the same games but ramped up on steroids continued until now. Sadly, this unbelievable if not larcenious greed, continued unabated with new ravenous forms of invented burglary to present day.

Well it finally blowed, the BSD's all left town, the goose who laid the golden egg was last seen flying East with the jetstream headed to KL grumbling about T-Bills. Invest in Wall Street?