IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

NEW RATING SERVICE FOR NURSERIES AND GROWERS

PALM MOD

While I have not yet done business with any of the folks being polled, it seems a little silly that so far all of the comments are positive and noe negative, almost like voting for the next Commissar (no one wants to vote in the negative).

We are spending a lot of time and bandwidth on something that looks to me like nothing will be done as no valuable information ca be gleaned from 100% positive votes...

I want to talk about things like my baby King that just pushed up its 1st pinnate leaf, no more straps! Yippee!

This is exactly what I had in mind.

The way it was before, a mostly negative atmosphere was pervasive. It is now as it should be. Most everything should be positive with only the very rare negative comment --- the reverse of what we had before. Before, some people were even "afraid" to offer positive support, but not anymore. People who were silent before can anonymously offer support. This alone discourages someone from coming forward with anything other than a legitimate negative experience.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

Just a thought,wouldn't it help with your new program, for all the listed nurseries and or growers to post nursery and or growers liscence numbers with their business names? I think that should be inlcuded as well, don't you?

Just a thought,wouldn't it help with your new program, for all the listed nurseries and or growers to post nursery and or growers liscence numbers with their business names? I think that should be inlcuded as well, don't you?

Any grower is more than welcome to include any information about themselves they feel would promote sales. Business licenses, Better Business Bureau affiliation, other organizations belonged to, length of time in business, awards, etc.

And if they made the request, I would be happy to insert it in the first post of the topic so it would be easily seen.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

If we're voting, I cast my vote for having a 'neutral' category.

zone 7a (Avg. max low temp 0 to 5 F, -18 to -15 C), hot humid summers

Avgs___Jan__Feb__Mar__Apr__May__Jun__Jul__Aug__Sep__Oct__Nov__Dec

High___44___49___58___69___78___85___89___87___81___70___59___48

Low____24___26___33___42___52___61___66___65___58___45___36___28

Precip_3.1__2.7__3.6__3.0__4.0__3.6__3.6__3.6__3.8__3.3__3.2__3.1

Snow___8.1__6.2__3.4__0.4__0____0____0____0____0____0.1__0.8__2.2

bepah i agree!

I thought for sure there would be negative feedback by now! I have had only positive exchanges w/ the few people that i have bought from, so i can't say anything negative because it's been great so far! I wrote a post about my one lone bad experience w/ seed buying, and it was responded to on this board and resolved. I'm just starting to think that this is a popularity contest!!!!! :lol:

Either way, it's good to know that if a seller is a bad seed, then we will find out before we get burned ourselfs!

Orlando, Florida

zone 9b

The Pollen Poacher!!

GO DOLPHINS!!

GO GATORS!!!

Palms, Sex, Money and horsepower,,,, you may have more than you can handle,,

but too much is never enough!!