IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Palm photos

John in Andalucia

I have a website for my palm start-up business but don't have any photos. This is a bugging me, as I'm only able to show images of the seedlings I have cultivated. It makes for a half-complete presentation of what is otherwise a pleasant-looking website for anyone interested in buying seeds and seedlings on-line from my business in Spain. I doubt if I'll ever get to see half the palms I'm cultivating, and working alone with nearly 5000 seedlings of over 100 species, whilst being my own web designer and web-master, I rarely get the chance to leave the garden or house.

What I do have is a link on each species page with full permission granted by the PACSOA website web-master, where I also have a reciprocal link to my own website, at www.princeofpalms.com.

So I had the idea to ask on the forum, and see if any members would be willing to donate a photo of an adult specimen palm to be used on my website, whereby I would rightly include a full copyright credit to the person in question, and even watermark the photo with your name, or maybe a communal "IPS member" watermark to prevent piracy.

I've been an IPS member for nearly a year, and don't know where I'd be if it wasn't for all the expert help and banter that dwells here. PalmTalk and the members on the forum have definitely played a major role in what I've achieved in just 12 months, and it would seem folly to not ask for help outright, so please PM me if you can.

Here's a photo of my own that I added a watermark to:

post-1155-1225318442_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

John, you are more than welcome to use any photo's from Palm-Trees.org. There would be no need to watermark anything, although I would appreciate a link: "photo courtesy of palm-trees.org" or similar.

]

Corey Lucas-Divers

Dorset, UK

Ave Jul High 72F/22C (91F/33C Max)

Ave Jul Low 52F/11C (45F/7C Min)

Ave Jan High 46F/8C (59F/15C Max)

Ave Jan Low 34F/1C (21F/-6C Min)

Ave Rain 736mm pa

Do you have a list the the different Species that you need pictures of??

Hi Gene,

I'll PM you with my palm list if that's OK.

John, you are more than welcome to use any photo's from Palm-Trees.org. There would be no need to watermark anything, although I would appreciate a link: "photo courtesy of palm-trees.org" or similar.

Thanks, Corey that is most kind. I'm all for crediting photos, so I'll take a look at your website and put you on my links page too.

I just want to say a big thanks to the other members who contacted me with their photo offers. I was half expecting the "cold-shoulder" on this one, but in fact I've received some first class support.

Thanks John, your best bet to find what you are looking for on my site is to look in the gallery section at either the Fairchild gallery or the Palmetum gallery, both have quite a few mature species. The various Kew galleries also have a mixture of mature and smaller palms.

]

Corey Lucas-Divers

Dorset, UK

Ave Jul High 72F/22C (91F/33C Max)

Ave Jul Low 52F/11C (45F/7C Min)

Ave Jan High 46F/8C (59F/15C Max)

Ave Jan Low 34F/1C (21F/-6C Min)

Ave Rain 736mm pa