IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

What are your other vices?

cfkingfish

I have met a cast of characters on this forum (I mean that in a good way), and many people here have some interesting things they do in their spare time. Bill races Tuscans, Ken likes to fish, and Jeff Searle plays paintball, and Bo has his airplane hobby.

What do I do? Some people on here that know me know I am somewhat of a firearms collector/enthusiast. The great state of Florida allows for people in good standing with the law to not only purchase firearms, but carry them concealed with the proper training and paperwork. Many people hear about gun brands, here are pictures to go with names.

Smith and Wesson Model 66, .357 magnum. This was a commonly used gun by police starting in the 1930s, as it gave more penetrating power than a .45 auto and a better chance against fighting criminals with machine guns (aka the Mob). It was still standard issue all the way up to the late 80s I believe.

IMG_0421.jpg

FN Herstal "Five-Seven". If you happen to rob a bank in Northern Europe, you may get this gun pulled on you by Dutch or Belgian police. At first look people think it is a toy because of the off colored controls and it is extremely lightweight. Even the slide is half polymer. It is a deceiving weapon because it packs the kick of an M16 in a pistol with its penetrating power. The cartridge is 28mm long and the bullet is only a 5.7mm width, making it very high velocity. This weapon is considered an armor-piercing firearm (it will penetrate 40+ layers of Kevlar), and last time I checked, it was banned in New York, California, and Massachusetts, along with all .50 caliber weapons. The second picture is of the magazine, which holds 20 rounds in a double stack design. That is the highest stock capacity magazine in a handgun I can think of.

IMG_0328-1.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

Many of you have heard of a Glock. Glocks were designed in the 1980s for police and tactical use, and quickly became the standard issue weapon of police forces around the world. They don't jam, overheat, and will feed the crappiest ammo you can find through them. If you look on the internet, you will see people have put them through rigorous tests to see how long they will last in mud, salt, waterlogged, etc, and the results are pretty amazing. This picture is of a Glock 26 I had in 9mm with an oversized 33 round magazine on it. I now have a .40 cal Glock 23, the standard issue weapon for detectives statewide. Glocks of the same caliber have interchangeable magazines, triggers, and sometimes slides/springs, and other parts, making them very utilitarian. Glock is probably the most popular semi-auto handgun in production today.

Glockextendmag.jpg

Christian Faulkner

Venice, Florida - South Sarasota County.

www.faulknerspalms.com

Μολὼν λάβε

I am sure most of you have heard of an AK-47 as well. The model stands for Alexander Kalishnakov model 1947, but was first put into use in 1952 I believe. Mr. Kalishnakov is still alive to this day. :blink: This is the most popular gun in the entire world. Like a Glock it does not jam, overheat, or break. It has 8 parts to it, and it is a crude weapon in its manufacture. Whereas a M16 is more tactical and higher quality, this Romanian one pictured is made of stamped steel and felt like it was carved directly from a pine tree. It is strictly business and the price reflects it. It is chambered in 7.62 x 39 (about a .30 caliber), and is a powerful weapon. The one here pictured has a Norinco (North Chinese Industries) 75 round windup drum, and gives it the look of a Thompson.

IMG_0302-1.jpg

This next gun may look very familiar to James Bond lovers. It is the Walther PPK/S in .380 auto, the official JB gun until just a few years ago. This is the Europeans' version of the .38, but in a bit more compact cartridge. It is a very popular design, and many high end companies have come out with .380s in the same look and setup. It has some downsides, such as the slide will catch your skin if you have a big hand, and it can be a pain to reload. The original models were made exclusively in West Germany in black until the 1970s, when Smith and Wesson got the contract to build them under Walther standards. Original West German models in good shape go for twice the price of the newer stainless SW models.

IMG_0201-1.jpg

This next one is actually not mine, but is quite the piece of machinery nonetheless. It is an HK (Heckler and Koch) Mark 23 chambered in .45 auto. This gun is probably the smoothest shooting handgun I have ever used. It was used by SOCOM forces during the late 1990s for very specific uses. It was offered to the public in 1996 and comes stock with a threaded barrel for suppression (silencer). They were discontinued in the early 2000s and now one in good used shape goes for around $2250.

IMG_0302.jpg

A final picture with a grouping of weapons my friend and I used at the range about a year ago. Firearms are a very popular hobby in Florida and I know this is not the status quo for many parts of the world, or the US for that matter. Safety and responsibility come first and target shooting or plinking is a very fun hobby. If anyone has any questions regarding the use or info on a firearm, feel free to ask!

IMG_0292.jpg

Christian Faulkner

www.faulknerspalms.com

Μολὼν λάβε

Christian, That is an outstanding gun collection!My vice is Golf.It will drive you crazy but you cannot keep away from it.

What you look for is what is looking

Bubba, I used to play golf everyday as a kid in Virginia, not too far from WFS actually. It was in Goochland County at a place called Hermitage Country Club. I played JV golf in 8th grade then stopped for a while. Since my motorcycle accident, I have tried playing and the movement of the club inflames my lats. If you want to play sometime while I am over, I wouldn't deny a good course in the Palm Beach area!

Christian Faulkner

www.faulknerspalms.com

Μολὼν λάβε

Christian, I knew nothing about guns so I found this very interesting and informative. Thanks!

I guess my other vice is travel. I'm always planning where I want to go next.

Formerly Jeff in Costa Rica

I never thought of fishing as a vice but I guess it is.

My worst vice is attending baseball games. Bad in many ways. Definatly cost lots of time and money.

See my latest post for the fishing update!

I DIG PALMS

Call me anytime to chat about transplanting palms.

305-345-8918

https://www.facebook...KenJohnsonPalms

Christian,

Do you sell too?

Ray

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B

Before the palms took over, I was into wine tasting and touring, etc. All about reds, especially big cabernet and syrah/shiraz. I'm not waelthy enough to be a collector, so I'm more of a deal hunter. I love finding great $25 wines on sale for $10-12. I refuse to spend a lot of money on something consumed.

Favorite wines ever purchased (over $20): 1995 Penfolds Bin 28 Shiraz, 1997 Saddleback Cellars Cabernet

Favorite wines ever purchased (under $20): 1997 Estancia Cabernet, 1999 Geyser Peak Cabernet, 1999 Gallo of Sonoma Merlot

The 90s vintages were much better than the current decade, and overall quality-per-price has gone downhill also.

Zone 9b/10a, Sunset Zone 22

7 miles inland. Elevation 120ft (37m)

Average annual low temp: 30F (-1C)

Average annual rainfall: 8" (20cm)

Christian,

Very interesting post and timely for me as I want to purchase a home defense and a get a carry weapon as well. The problem is choice, there are just too many of them! I don't know to get a revolver or an automatic. Single action or double. Should the carry gun be the same caliber as a home gun? I have talked to several people and every one of them has three different opinions. The one thing they all say is rent a lot of guns at the range and try for myself to see the best for me. I have had a .22 Rifle since I was a boy, but that doesn't make the choice easier. Sometimes when I go to the range, I rent a sub machinegun. Now that is fun!

Jerry

So many species,

so little time.

Coconut Creek, Florida

Zone 10b (Zone 11 except for once evey 10 or 20 years)

Last Freeze: 2011,50 Miles North of Fairchilds

Ah!

What vices DON'T I have . . . .. :)

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

I rent a sub machinegun. Now that is fun!

You guys are sick puppies, hang on, I did buy a tank a few years ago. :blink:

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Ray-

I buy, sell, trade guns almost as often as I do palms! I don't have a Federal Firearms License (FFL) because new laws require you to have an actual storefront for sales, plus insurance and overhead is just too much. I have traded guns for palms, motorcycles, pool tables, and the list goes on.

Jerry-

The best thing for you to do if you haven't already done, is get your CCW, which allows you to carry a concealed weapon in Florida and 16 other reciprocal states. It also allows you to waive the waiting period for all gun purchases. It takes about 90 days total to get, but you need to take an approved course. These can be had at a gun show or the NRA has licensed trainers around the country.

As far as home defense, generally speaking a short barreled shotgun is the most utilitarian. Your home, and the people inside can change what you want. If you had younger children, a shotgun is better because it is hard for a 5 year old to pump one and shoot it. This is one gun I have for home defense, it is a Mossberg 500 Cruiser. It holds 7 rounds of 12 gauge, has a doorbreaker to allow to shoot slugs point blank, and has a hand strap to keep it from jumping out of your hands. At $330 brand new it is a good buy.

IMG_0279.jpg

If you want a handgun for home defense, nothing beats a Glock model 17, 9mm. At $500 it is moderately priced but you can get it wet, drop it in the sand, heat it up, throw it around, and it will still shoot. The Glock 22 is the .40 version of the G17 and both of these guns are very common issue weapons for local and state police forces.

As long as you are familiar with the weapons you use, having the same caliber is not essential. 9mm ammo is the cheapest of the higher caliber ammo, and .40 is not too bad either.

For concealed carry, I actually swear by the Smith and Wesson model 442, and I have had two of them. It is a five shot .38 special, and you can keep it in your pocket, holster it, strap it to your ankle, but the trigger is solid and one shot will do serious damage. You can get it in stainless steel too as the model 642. It has an internal hammer so there is no snagging and a 14 pound trigger so accidents just don't happen.

IMG_0532-4.jpg

If you want to get snazzy, you can go for a safe queen like a Sig Sauer Elite. Sigs are used by FBI and Secret Service, and are a high end German manufactured weapon. This is a 15 round capacity gun with a DAK (double action Kellerman) trigger, which allows for a strong safe pull on the first shot, and short pulls for the remainders. It is very useful, but at $1300, it is pricey.

IMG_0333.jpg

I will post more but all this gun talk is making me hungry. :)

Christian Faulkner

www.faulknerspalms.com

Μολὼν λάβε

I agree w/Christian. The best "in the house" weapon is the shortest barreled shotgun you can get.

Reasons.

If you use bird shot it won't go thru the wall to the next room

You just point in the general direction and let the "spread" take care of aiming.

If you hit someone w/it he/she won't be around to hire Dave to sue you :-)

Sorry Dave had to take that cut on lawyers. :-)

Wai`anae C-Rider

BTW My vices are country western dancing w/any lady crazy enough to get out on the floor w/me.

Bowling and of course hiking twice a week.

Hiking w/Wai`anae Steve

Wai`anae Steve-------www.waianaecrider.com
Living in Paradise, Leeward O`ahu, Hawai`i, USA
Temperature range yearly from say 95 to 62 degrees F
Only 3 hurricanes in the past 51 years and no damage. No floods where I am, No tornados, No earthquakes
No moles, squirrels, chipmunks, deer, etc. Just the neighbors "wild" chickens

Christian,

Very cool stuff!!! I didn't know you were that much into guns or I would have asked to see a few when I was down there.

I'm in exactly the same place re: wanting to get a home protection type weapon (as well as have a too long delayed agenda item re: getting my concealed permit -- however, I'm thinking I should do so before mid Jan. of 2009 just in case...). Another gun enthusiast I know had a pretty neat set-up at his house (which would only work if you don't have kids) -- he had a sawed-off shotgun bolted to the side of his bed and aiming at his bedroom door (and straight down the hall leading to his room). So, if there ever was an intruder at night, he didn't even need to get up but simply wait for them to come to him, reach down and pull the trigger, and "presto" -- no more bad guy...

Anyhow, here's the gun I got for "palm protection" and it does a very good job for anyone looking to get something like this. And, as an FYI, my squirrel count (since I got this in March) just passed 110 this week!: http://www.americanairgunhunter.com/talonreview.html

Re: vices (meaning where $$$ end up being spent), mine are mainly unusual plants, reptiles, & sports cars -- although I do like lots of sports and also own a 4WD truck and a quad-runner. Additionally, I am a bit above average re: being "horny"...(I like unusual horns and have them on both my vehicles -- what were you thinkin'... :rolleyes: )

Tim

Sarasota, Florida USA (zone 9B) - 1 acre with approx. 91 types of palms & many other plants/trees

My two favorite palms are Teddy Bears and Zombies... zombieteddybear2-compressed.jpg

Tim, How do you load a pellet in that gun?

Also. Are those horns on the hood or under the hood? Maybe Tad has some on the hood? And another question (while I am being silly) Is one of them a French Horn? I like French Horns!

I DIG PALMS

Call me anytime to chat about transplanting palms.

305-345-8918

https://www.facebook...KenJohnsonPalms

I'll be your Huckleberry

post-1207-1225153842_thumb.jpg

Say hello to my not so little nickel plated, swing out stock friend. He even has a name. Meet "Mr. Happy."

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

I have a .357 Magnum and a Smith and Wesson double action .32.

I inherited the Magnum from my dad. I'll see if I can take a photo of it.

Well, my other vices are listening to too much heavy metal, and probably drinking too much wine every now and then. I also curse like a sailor, and as you know am addicted to tattoos. Recently got a large warrior angel on my torso.

"You can't see California without Marlon Brando's eyes"---SliPknot

Christian, you are a gun toatin' hillbilly who's gonna get a real taste of justice someday pal.

(My vice is taunting firearms enthusiasts)

Thanks for being a good sport Christian, I'm just messin with ya'.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

I guess I've started getting into the stock market....since it's been crashing. It is proving to be somewhat addicting hobby. All the charts and graphs, ratio's and market news.....kinda interesting.

About guns.......got a few....Christian, been trying to figure out the best concealable weapon for everyday carry. I was thinking of just a small caliber revolver...that needs alot of pressure to squeeze off a shot.

I deer hunt with a (milled/or stamped? the better of the two) MAK-90.....what's the going rate on those these days?

David Simms zone 9a on Highway 30a

200 steps from the Gulf in NW Florida

30 ft. elevation and sandy soil

Christian, you are a gun toatin' hillbilly who's gonna get a real taste of justice someday pal.

(My vice is taunting firearms enthusiasts)

Thanks for being a good sport Christian, I'm just messin with ya'.

:floor:

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Just missing a light on that shotgun. ;)

Who's up for a break in at Christian's this weekend?

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

Going crazy on Halloween

Halloween.JPG

Wai`anae Steve-------www.waianaecrider.com
Living in Paradise, Leeward O`ahu, Hawai`i, USA
Temperature range yearly from say 95 to 62 degrees F
Only 3 hurricanes in the past 51 years and no damage. No floods where I am, No tornados, No earthquakes
No moles, squirrels, chipmunks, deer, etc. Just the neighbors "wild" chickens

Just missing a light on that shotgun. ;)

Who's up for a break in at Christian's this weekend?

I hope you like Hydrashok rounds! :winkie:

David, that SW 442 is a great carry revolver. Taurus makes a cheaper model called the CIA and its about $375 out the door as opposed to $475-$550 out the door for the SW. I happened to get a good deal on mine because the gun shop owner in town happens to like palms. Here are a list of other subcompact or small carry pistols I would recommend:

Ruger LCP

Walther PPS (dont get the .40 unless you want your second shot to be off by a football field!)

Kel-Tec PF9 or P3AT

Glock 26 (9mm)

NAA (North American Arms) Guardian .380 or the rare but badass .22mag!

Those are all semi-autos, if you want a wheelgun, try the following:

Taurus CIA .38

SW model 442, 642, or other J-Frame Smith and Wessons with shrouded or internal hammer.

These are just easily concealable, as in you can put them in your jeans pocket and even if they are fairly tight, people will not notice. If you are willing to wear an IWB (In Waistband Holster), you can carry just about anything.

Christian Faulkner

www.faulknerspalms.com

Μολὼν λάβε

In the UK, every one of you would have had your house surrounded by armed police by now. Scary stuff. :blink:

My other passion is for Old Master prints and engravings.

These are just easily concealable, as in you can put them in your jeans pocket and even if they are fairly tight, people will not notice.

Most will just think that I'm glad to see them :blink:

David Simms zone 9a on Highway 30a

200 steps from the Gulf in NW Florida

30 ft. elevation and sandy soil

Christian, you have a nice array of guns there. I especially like your Street Sweeper-like shot gun. Great weapon for confronting thugs breaking through one's front door (so to speak) at 2 A.M.

I don't have an interest in guns per se, but I do own a few, all for self-protection in the home and on my person. I got my Florida CCW license in 1998, shortly after moving here in late 1997 (my wife got her CCW last year).

I carry all of the time where allowed by statute. I used to carry a Taurus .357 Mag with hollow points in a below-the-waist holster. But I soon tired of that; plus, the gun being down inside my pants, I felt I couldn't access it as fast as I wanted, even though I practiced retrieving it.

I then started carrying a .25 auto. (9+1) in my right-hand pocket. I really like this carry because of its compactness and light weight, as I can retrieve that gun very fast, flipping off the safety in the same motion while retrieving the gun. Further, if I were anticipating trouble I could be at the ready with my hand in my pocket on my weapon, safety off, etc. -- and ready for business (but which I sincerely hope the day never comes).

However, the .25 auto is just too light in calibre. I have inquired about getting a Ruger .380 LCP, as it is actually smaller in overall size than my .25 auto. But as you probably know, they are as scarce has hen's teeth. My buddy lucked out an got one, though. I was considering a Kel-Tec P3AT, but I understand they are of lesser quality than the Ruger .380 LCP.

While the Ruger .380 LCP isn't the ultimate concealed carry weapon, it is by far a better choice (more stopping power) than the .25 auto I currently carry in my pocket. The Ruger .380 ACP would fill the bill I desire, and that is to carry in my pocket and not really know it was there (due to light weight and size). I'm not in a dire rush to get a Ruger .380 LCP, but this is one I'm considering.

Col. Mortimer below had a saddle roll with a nice array of weapons to suit his purpose and contingency:

100_8166.jpg

Mad about palms

Christian,

Very interesting post and timely for me as I want to purchase a home defense and a get a carry weapon as well. The problem is choice, there are just too many of them! I don't know to get a revolver or an automatic. Single action or double. Should the carry gun be the same caliber as a home gun? I have talked to several people and every one of them has three different opinions. The one thing they all say is rent a lot of guns at the range and try for myself to see the best for me. I have had a .22 Rifle since I was a boy, but that doesn't make the choice easier. Sometimes when I go to the range, I rent a sub machinegun. Now that is fun!

Jerry

Jerry,

If I bought a gun for defensive purposes it would be a shotgun. I don't want to have to aim very well just point in the evil-doer's general direction and take him down. I don't want him getting up!

Palmmermaid

Kitty Philips

West Palm Beach, FL

Other than palms, I spend my money on travel, books, and stuff to make my garden better. I also like to cook and am replacing all my crappy tools with really good ones. So I will never need to replace them again. I bought a good spatuala and threw out 4 cheap ones!

I don't own a gun anymore. I hunted when I was growing up with my Dad. We hunted for food - had to feed 6 children. We always had to eat what we killed, along with cleaning it. I owned a gun when I was a single parent living in Daytona. I had to pull it a couple of times and would have used it if necessary. I have no trouble defending myself or my loved ones.

Palmmermaid

Kitty Philips

West Palm Beach, FL

Dear Friends :)

Since i do not encourage the use or to have guns in ones possassion,So i will not speak much about it.5aaaa1e9.gif

And comming to my vices...i see and hear lot of news radio & news television.

And surfing the net in search of what is current trends & gadgets.. :mrlooney:

Love,

Kris :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Nice collection of firearms! Living in FL it is just about a necessity to own one or more.

I have been wanting to get a gun for the last several years but never gotten around to it.

What is a good affordable .22 pistol to start off with, to take to the range and get comfortable with?

Eric

Orlando, FL

zone 9b/10a

I think our avatars are very representative.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Christian,

I looked up that Ruger LCP and it looks like a terrific solution for a small carry gun. I also noted they had a mag available with a little extender on it for a better grip. In a HANDGUNS magazine there was a little blurb about a very slick laser attachment for it.

Alas, they have none in stock! Why would they have none available? Is demand that high right now for little carry guns?

Jerry

So many species,

so little time.

Coconut Creek, Florida

Here be the picture.

Jerry

post-106-1225481215_thumb.jpg

So many species,

so little time.

Coconut Creek, Florida

I was a certified marksman with the 16 & 9 mm in the USAF for 8 yrs. I really don't want to have a gun again. Just not my thing. Does anyone have a stun gun that they can tell me about? I've been intrigued with those.

My other vices? hmmm....for a long time I played a lot of guitar & read. In the past I owned a company that sold high end music memorabilia ( 1940s-1990s autographs, used equipment & clothing etc) but sold it in 2001. Now, I just work too much, travel when I can & buy too much music on I-tunes. I think I was a lot more exciting in my past life :blush: I've slowed down and gardened more.

Bren in South St. Pete Florida

I have an array of vices, from cabinet making to home cinema to website development, but my two most recent vices are offshoots of the palm obsession, they are meteorology and photography.

]

Corey Lucas-Divers

Dorset, UK

Ave Jul High 72F/22C (91F/33C Max)

Ave Jul Low 52F/11C (45F/7C Min)

Ave Jan High 46F/8C (59F/15C Max)

Ave Jan Low 34F/1C (21F/-6C Min)

Ave Rain 736mm pa

Eric-

I could tell you of some .22s that are cheap but honestly you get what you pay for in a gun. I would honestly advocate the higher quality ones. Smith and Wesson makes a great revolver, and they make an 8 shot .22, you could go for one of those. For semi-automatics, you could find yourself a good used Walther P22 for about $300. The great thing about .22 is you can shoot all day and not hurt your arm or kill your ears, and can afford it too! Other options are the Sig Sauer Mosquito and Ruger Mark III. These are .22s in a fuller frame and are very accurate, but one is made for target, the other general purpose.

Jerry-

There was a run on the LCP and Walther PPS when they first came out. They could be had, but at much higher than MSRP. I believe some people were paying $700 for PPS models, and $500 for LCPs. When I moved to Miami, I looked for gun shops/ranges, and was very disappointed at the selection offered. Ace's Range in North Miami was a complete ripoff for shooting and merchandise, and Glades Trail near 41 and Krome near Dade Corners was always busy. There is one very good shop in South Dade on US1 between 112th and 117th Ave in the Goulds area. Their name is South Dade Jewelry and Guns Exchange, and they have been in business for 26 years. It is not a nice part of town but they have a very nice selection, and I saw an LCP in .380 brand new for $339 I believe. I bought my second SW .38 from them, that is one of the few times I have not bought wholesale and felt like I got a good price. A guy who buys many plants from me in Venice owns the pawn shop and I am able to get many guns this way!

I can tell you which firearms I have had a terrible time with:

Kel-Tec P3AT - Jams

Hi-Point - A true piece of garbage brand, and the price reflects it.

MAC-10/11 in 9mm - the magazines jam and it is just a brick with a trigger. The .45 isn't that bad!

Yugoslavian AK or MAK-90 - basically as worthless as a Yugo car.

Other bad brands - Bersa, Jimenez, Astra - these just sell knockoff versions of decent brands.

Walt mentioned the somewhat known Street Sweeper. This was a shotgun with a revolving drum cylinder that held 12 rounds, and was developed in South Africa in the 1980s. It is known by enthusiasts by its brand, the Stryker Protecta, but other models came out, not as popular. It was banned from the US in the 1990s and is considered a gun of genocide. You can, however, purchase a "Sidewinder" kit for a Mossberg 500 series and essentially give it the look and use of a Street Sweeper. Here are some more pictures.

This is a .25, very old, it just says "Miami, FL" on it. It works!

IMG_0246.jpg

This is a nice SW .357 magnum. It was purchased from a retired Baltimore detective and has oversized wood grips. It is a model 686, noting the large K-frame it uses.

IMG_0238-2.jpg

This was one of my first semi-autos, it is a Walther P99 9mm. I like the fact it has an ambidextrous magazine release, only HK does this also. This was the gun I did some qualifying with at the range when I was younger. It also became the new James Bond gun as of 5 years ago or so.

IMG_0307-3.jpg

Christian Faulkner

www.faulknerspalms.com

Μολὼν λάβε

Christian, You are now my firearm advisor!

Steve, Double-ought buck definitely blows through walls as I accidentally found out when I pulled the trigger on my Mossberg Short Barrel in my closet,which blew through my wife's closet,for which I will never hear the end....

What you look for is what is looking

Lately one of my vices has been ebay shopping... If you know what your doing in the marketplace you can save money and get stuff delivered right to your door. Gotta go buy a driver's side mirror for a Chevy Z71. Auction ends in 5 mins 31 seconds! PEACE! B)

tresles4a.jpg

Christian,

Mine is throwing water as far as I can on Palm Nuts like Pogobob and Neoflora. :drool: :drool:

You can see them as they're covered in water :blink:

Clark

Evolution Palms-Cycads-Exoticas Nursery - We ship email us at - surferjr1234@hotmail.com - tel 858-775-6822