IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Aerial photos

Jeff in St Pete

Last April at the end of the dry season, some friends of mine took a helicopter ride to view some properties in this area of Costa Rica. I had forgotten all about these pics until I was searching for a different photo and found them again. I wasn't on the helicopter ride, I was over in San Jose at the time so I missed out. My friend took these photos. There was quite a bit of glare on the windows of the chopper, sorry about that.

Here the helicopter was right over the houses on this property. The house with the red roof is the Quad House (where I live). The house surrounding the pool is the Bali House (you can't see most of it).

DSC_0028-1.jpg

The Quad House

DSC_0029.jpg

From a little further away. The white house with the little white cottage near the top right corner of the picture belongs to a guy named Larry. He lives in the cottage and rents out the main house. Larry's house is about halfway up our driveway. The orange house above him is owned by Vernon. Both Larry and Vernon rent their houses. They have much better water views since they are up higher on the hillside. The beach is directly below this photo.

DSC_0032.jpg

Further to the left. Again you can see the red roof of the Quad House on the right. This photo shows Akira Reserve. My friends own most of the land in this picture. The property line starts a little below those buildings you can see at the top of the hill and goes all the way down to the beach.

DSC_0033-1.jpg

Formerly Jeff in Costa Rica

A little piece of Manuel Antonio National Park

DSC_0035.jpg

The rock island. I've been past this island on a boat before. The entire island is filled with nesting birds and bird crap.

DSC_0036-1.jpg

The coastline going north

DSC_0037.jpg

The Manuel Antonio area

DSC_0038-1.jpg

The new Quepos Marina under construction

DSC_0043.jpg

Quepos

DSC_0047-1.jpg

This project is halfway between Quepos and Jaco. I can't remember the name of it now, but eventually there will be shops, stores and restaurants in the buildings by the road.

The housing community is on a hillside behind the shopping complex.

DSC_0053.jpg

Coastline further north towards Jaco

DSC_0060-2.jpg

Dear Jeff :)

fentastic arieal snaps..and that place is very beautiful,looks like a jungle inhabited by human beings.and the port area with beautiful yatches,is very picturisque !

they are beautiful to be used as wallpapers & postcards.. :greenthumb:

thanks for the coverage..

Lots of love,

Kris :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Thanks Kris!

I feel like I am living in a jungle, and I love it. :)

great pics.... is quepos south of los senos? i have a good family friend who is building a harbor down there i believe this is the one...

palmfreek

Thanks Palmfreek! Yes, Quepos is a little over an hour's drive south of Los Sueños. According to the website, the project was conceived by a guy named Harold Lovelady with a longtime colleague John Kane who later joined the project.

You can read more about the Marina here Marina Pez Vela

I think once this Marina is open, it's going to change the face of Quepos. And I'm not so sure it's going to be for the better!

Awesome photos Jeff. I just got back from Peru which I loved, but I'd take Manuel Antonio any day over Cuzco. No migraines on the beach.

Cincinnati, Ohio USA & Mindo, Ecuador

Thanks Jake. What do mean by no migraines?

Luke, you should come check out Costa Rica some time. I always have extra room for palm folks!

Thanks Jake. What do mean by no migraines?

I get frequent migraines as a side effect from my brain surgery 3 years ago. Usually one or two a week. In Cuzco I had a migraine everyday from the altitude. I'd rather have a migraine sitting on a beach in 88 degree weather, than in a freezing rain at 13,500'. The worst though is a migraine on an airplane.

Awesome photos though. Makes me want to visit CR again.

Cincinnati, Ohio USA & Mindo, Ecuador

Jake, sorry to hear about the migraines. I can't imagine having them that frequently and it would definitely be no fun when traveling.

Come on back to Costa Rica!