Sign in to follow this  
DoomsDave

All Hail the Giant Hail

DoomsDave

Howdyall:

Lest I hijack a topic in another forum, I thought I'd provide this pic of huge hail in Nebraska . . .

dave

Largehail_April28-02.jpg

tropicalb

that'll put a dent in your dypsis....

oppalm

maybe a hail stone like that will knock some sense into some zone pushers. (oops that includes me).  maybe just the ones pushing too hard.  (oops thats also me).  never mind.

Knnn

Had some 1" Hail this year but thankfully nothing like that...

Did get to see my first tornado since moving here, ( Several weeks ago.. Wish I had my camera with me. Living here I'm sure will give me more photo ops.  :D

Neofolis

I can only ever once recall seeing hail any larger than pea sized and I was a kid in the garden creosoting my parents fence at the time.  I guess it would have been about 1983, but it was not as big as pictured above, probably slightly larger than golf ball sized.  Needless to say I didn't stay outside, it was rather painful.  It didn't cause any damage on that occasion, but I dare say the potential damage from something like pictured above could be enormous, especially if combined with high winds.

Walter John

(Knnn @ Oct. 06 2006,01:25)

Had some 1" Hail this year but thankfully nothing like that...

Did get to see my first tornado since moving here, ( Several weeks ago.. Wish I had my camera with me. Living here I'm sure will give me more photo ops.  :D

Lucky you  ???