IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

We Provide the Rare & Unusual

Phil

Dear Tool,

I have received my Leptocheilos zombiafolia that I ordered from you. I regret to inform you that upon trying to pet my beloved new Teddyspike palm I got injured. I've enclosed a picture so that you know how serious this is, and that you should be sending me some money so I don't sue your butt! How do you like that downer, snarky dank!? Make me a cake and call me Susan!

My Dearest Tool,

My deepest apologies my friend. Since receiving my "injury" from your Teddyspike palm, I've noticed a marked improvement in my grip strength. Ultimately, I've made a full recovery and actually found that the juices from the Teddyspike palm has actually turned my hands and forearms into a super strength machine! (see picture of me, MattyB, attached) I'm so sorry for cursing you earlier. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go sit on my Teddyspike palm.

Dear Tool,

Since sitting upon my Teddyspike palm, I now have the glorious big butt I desired. Thank you thank you thank you, and thank you.

Matty, I am sorry to report that Pauly got real jealous after seeing your recent gains and stole all your latest Teddyspike research and figured out where you went wrong. Here he is shortly after skydiving into the Teddyspike. See that look on his face... He is mocking you big time!

post-1261-1222390266_thumb.jpg

Matt in Temecula, CA

Hot and dry in the summer, cold with light frost in the winter. Halfway between the desert and ocean

Matty, I am sorry to report that Pauly got real jealous after seeing your recent gains and stole all your latest Teddyspike research and figured out where you went wrong. Here he is shortly after skydiving into the Teddyspike. See that look on his face... He is mocking you big time!

post-1261-1222390266_thumb.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Dear Mr. Toolital

I don't know where to begin. First I must say that I'm extremely disappointed by the outcome of the park beatification project of which I entrusted you (Top Photo). I usually prefer not to deal with off shore businesses but your bid that included 50 of your large Phoenix palms installed along with "lush" tropical landscaping was by far the lowest. The final outcome looks nothing like the reference photo you included with your bid (Bottom). Although it was unfortunate you couldn't make the trip and at the last minute and had to send your brother Buta I feel you need to be aware of the final results.

post-1809-1222396894_thumb.jpg

post-1809-1222401385_thumb.jpg

My job is now on the line and I need to know how you are going to rectify this situation.

Sincerely

John C Peabody

Parks Director

Seaside CA

Dear Mr. Toolital,

I hope you can provide some great desert varieties, that need only drop irrigation once a month and as I have no idea what new species of sandycoldyhardys are available, please send a full offer.

As shipment expenses are astronomically high it's much easier if I'll send a camel caravan led by my brother sheikh, which is ready to dig out those wonderful palms himself and get them back to our oases.

Oh....and may I ask if you are willing to receive oil (from our personal wells) as a monthly payment, instead of any other currency?

40270.gif

Greetings from Amman/Jordan

Simona

Men:

Turn your small & skinny Phoenix roebelinii into a long and fat Corypha . . . . .

:drool::yay:Yes, i want one too for my collection... :hmm:

love conquers all..

43278.gif

This is all very amusing, but does anyone know how I can really get hold of one of the Cameroon traders. I've been after Eugeissonia minor for ages and they seem to be the only people that have it. I did have someone contact me a while ago and, although he didn't have them, he had a friend that did, which was a shame because it meant he wasn't able to show me any photo's, which would have been nice. I don't know what happened, but for some reason, I didn't go ahead with the purchase at the time. I must have been mad, these things are impossible to get hold of without a seed collecting trip to Borneo. Anyway now I don't seem to have his contact details any more and no-one else from Cameroon has been in touch recently, it's terribly frustrating. Surely someone here must have records or contact details for one of these traders. They are truely amazing people, the collections they have created are absolutely fantastic. It's a shame none of them post on here, just imagine all of the wonderful species, they could share pictures of and the knowledge of culture and identification that these guys have must be extraordinary. Oh well, I live in hope.

]

Corey Lucas-Divers

Dorset, UK

Ave Jul High 72F/22C (91F/33C Max)

Ave Jul Low 52F/11C (45F/7C Min)

Ave Jan High 46F/8C (59F/15C Max)

Ave Jan Low 34F/1C (21F/-6C Min)

Ave Rain 736mm pa

To All My Dearest Friends and Colleagues,

These are exciting times for those of us in Western Africa. These past few days have added to the glory of Camaramian palms. We've taken thousands of orders, hired new people and even brought

Bombo Bombo back from Madagascar. Buta's condition is improving and he can now go outside the house without hiding behind fences. My oldest son, Little Toolital, is even showing an interest in the business and will begin foraging our land for new species. My daughter, Way Toolital, is learning English and internet skills to assist me. And my father, Olderbut Toolital, is experimenting with the Teddyspike to rejuvenate his marriage.

I myself am overly satisfied with all the transactions I have set up. The Royal Bank of Camarama has given me my own private office and staff. I will be importing a new Porsche soon so that I can quickly go from our vast growing fields to the bank to make my deposits and keep orders going. For those of you who have ordered, just look to the sky for the new fleet of Aero Camarama 747 jets. They have all been repainted with a palm tree from front to back and may land in an airport near you soon.

And, for some breaking news, an American CNN news group has come to Camarama just to interview me. I am sure they want to know more about the palms. I will visit with them over our Tea Hour later today. This will be good for the world of palms and international business.

With much regret I must break away and sign off from our many conversations here. I guarantee to you that I will return soon and give you more news on the exciting palms of my country. Please keep records on your newly acquired palms and take lots of photographs. When the glorious day of our meeting again does come, be prepared for amazing species beyond your wildest dreams. When you read a great book, it's disappointing for it to end. But, you look forward to the author's next work. It will be the same with the Camaramian palms. The next volume will be better than the last.

Your Friend,

Toolital Toowako

Computer Skills and Plant Nursery Anonymous

Camarama

West Africa

Jungle Music Palms and Cycads, established 1977 and located in Encinitas, CA, 20 miles north of San Diego on the Coast.  Phone:  619 2914605 Link to Phil's Email phil.bergman@junglemusic.net Website: www.junglemusic.net Link to Jungle Music Palms and Cycads

Dear Toolital,

Thank you for your prosperity update. All I ask is that while you are working hard down there in the Camaramian jungle, that you stay away from the Kool-Aid to quench your thrist. I hear it only quenches thirst ONCE! Beware!

Will Monty

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Dear Toolital,

Thank you for your prosperity update. All I ask is that while you are working hard down there in the Camaramian jungle, that you stay away from the Kool-Aid to quench your thrist. I hear it only quenches thirst ONCE! Beware!

Will Monty

I hasten to qualify that . . . .

It is the grape floavored Kool Aid that is the problem . . . .

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

It may take you by surprise TooToo but here in So Fla we have Cyrtostaches azul. Yes this amazing palm was introduced to our membership on the first day of April many moons ago.

We had a great aricle written by the late Howard Waddell. He described it and the reasearch surounding it in detail. Did you see the article in our publication, The Palm Report? We had so much excitement about it that it almost got us in trouble, much like your post here!

Anyway we had a nice one for sale at our Holliday Party in December and even one lady wanted to know why we did not see her bid of 10 thousand dollars. Boy was she POed. Later we had to write a retraction of sorts as we only had enough ink to color one "solitary" crown shaft. It was a great fun(D) raiser!

I know you do not have the great Blue Crownshafted Wax Palm but we can hook you up. When you get back from the jungle in the new Turbo give me a call. I will be happy more than a wild monkey to hear from you!

I DIG PALMS

Call me anytime to chat about transplanting palms.

305-345-8918

https://www.facebook...KenJohnsonPalms

Hey everybody, I just read through the thread and I got a sneaky suspicion that this guy Toolitall might not be legit. I wouldn't send him any money because you might not ever get the palms he is promising..........has anyone ever bought palms from this guy?

Anyway......the thing that makes me most suspicious that this might be a scam is his name......come on...who names their kid Toolitall. :huh:

David Simms zone 9a on Highway 30a

200 steps from the Gulf in NW Florida

30 ft. elevation and sandy soil

Anyway......the thing that makes me most suspicious that this might be a scam is his name......come on...who names their kid Toolitall. :huh:

What about his wife, Tootsie Toowako - the bearded lady of Camarama. I reckon Toolital's not the only one taking us for a ride. :hmm:

Won't it be great if unsuspecting people find this thread in search engine results and start reading. Can you imagine the excitement.

]

Corey Lucas-Divers

Dorset, UK

Ave Jul High 72F/22C (91F/33C Max)

Ave Jul Low 52F/11C (45F/7C Min)

Ave Jan High 46F/8C (59F/15C Max)

Ave Jan Low 34F/1C (21F/-6C Min)

Ave Rain 736mm pa

• 3 years later...

He's always updating it. Last week he sent me a few three gallon Jubaea X Cocos with the deep red emergent fronds that fade to green with orange petioles. The roots were practically busting out of the pot.

Toolital has the best sources out there. It's his honesty and great customer service that really stand out.

Longview, Texas :: Record Low: -5F, Feb. 16, 2021 :: Borderline 8A/8B :: '06-'07: 18F / '07-'08: 21F / '08-'09: 21F / '09-'10: 14F / '10-'11: 15F / '11-'12: 24F / '12-'13: 23F / '13-'14: 15F / '14-'15: 20F / '15-'16: 27F / '16-'17: 15F / '17-'18: 8F / '18-'19: 23F / '19-'20: 19F / '20-'21: -5F / '21-'22: 20F / '22-'23: 6F

Toolita screwed me, I sent a wire transfer for my purchase of Jubaeae Chilensis x Cocos Nucifera and never got my palm. Toolita will not respond to my emails either.

Be weary of Toolita.

Gary

Rock Ridge Ranch

South Escondido

5 miles ENE Rancho Bernardo

33.06N 117W, Elevation 971 Feet

Gary, I had a very positive transaction with Toolital, he sent me this palm for 99 cents !

post-31-022617400 1335752237_thumb.jpg

San Francisco, California

Gary, I had a very positive transaction with Toolital, he sent me this palm for 99 cents !

post-31-022617400 1335752237_thumb.jpg

Was it strapped on the top of a 747 along side the Space Shuttle?

Rock Ridge Ranch

South Escondido

5 miles ENE Rancho Bernardo

33.06N 117W, Elevation 971 Feet

iam looking for the dypsislaughalotta .gladly pay you tuesday for alaughalotta today.cheers

Funny thread except for the petty bickering between palmtalker and Mod...

Yep - I agree. Its unfortunate that some people (usually unsupportive non-IPS Members) just have to login and complain about something they use almost daily for free.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.