Sign in to follow this  
Urban Rainforest

Another Leilani working vacation

Urban Rainforest

Here is a pic of the kitchen. All appliances, dishes, beds and furniture are brand new!

post-351-1221798896_thumb.jpg

Urban Rainforest

Front lanai with a view of Bo's Clinostigmas.

post-351-1221799277_thumb.jpg

Urban Rainforest

Well, I hope everyone enjoyed our little working vacation/adventure. Thanks to all who supported my Hawaii palm fund sale to help make it possible. Thats all I got until next time.

Steve

post-351-1221799773_thumb.jpg

Urban Rainforest
Steve....

Palms + Leilani Estates = heaven.

Viewing your pics, I really can't get over the fact that ALL the plants just look so much better over there than they ever will here in Southern Cal.....no matter how hard i try, even in the greenhouse, I could never sufficiently replicate the climate and environmental conditions that naturally occur on the Big Island.

I'm gonna get over there one of these days....hopefully sooner than later.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post all the pics!

Thanks Burt! I'm glad you enjoyed the pics. It has to be one of the best tropical plant and palm growing climates there is. The climate and the abundant and consistent rainfall throughout the year make it all work. You for sure have to go someday. You'll love it!

Take care,

Steve

paulgila

its always a pleasure to "tag along" on yer hawaii trips,steve!

cant wait till the next one! :drool:

Urban Rainforest
its always a pleasure to "tag along" on yer hawaii trips,steve!

cant wait till the next one! :drool:

As it is fun to tag along on your Bali trips :drool: !

Thanks,

Steve

Urban Rainforest

BUMP ... I've had alot of people PMing me lately asking about our vacation rental and wanting to see pics so here ya go!

Stevo

LJG

Thanks for the bump. I like looking at the Dypsis Oropedionis. :yay:

Urban Rainforest
Thanks for the bump. I like looking at the Dypsis Oropedionis. :yay:

One of my favs to Len! I can't wait to get back and see it :) .

Stevo

bgl

BTW, Steve, do you tell people it rains here!??? :lol: (over 6 inches last 2 days! :) )

Urban Rainforest
BTW, Steve, do you tell people it rains here!??? :lol: (over 6 inches last 2 days! :) )

Bo, Tell me it is'nt so :blink: I believe the renters we have in there this week said they don't like rain :unsure: I don't think I've seen 6" there in any 3 weeks I've been there but I've never been there in the winter :lol: It might be a good time for them to make the drive to Kona :winkie: .

Stevo

bgl

If they don't like rain, this is definitely the wrong place for them. At least right now! It's been pouring down, pretty much nonstop, Thursday and Friday. Today was dry, and we even had a bit of sunshine this afternoon, but it began pouring down again just about half an hour ago!

bgl

Quick update - another 3.54 inches overnight! Now total 9.89 inches for the last 72 hours. It stopped raining a short while ago (8 am), but sky is grey and we may very well have another day with numerous heavy showers. Who knows...! :)

surferjr
Quick update - another 3.54 inches overnight! Now total 9.89 inches for the last 72 hours. It stopped raining a short while ago (8 am), but sky is grey and we may very well have another day with numerous heavy showers. Who knows...! :)

Doesn't somebody on this site have a arc as an avatar that can be lent to Bo and Stevo.... :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

Don't know if you've asked for it for Christmas or have them, but contact our Aussie mates and get yourself some Aussie rain coats by DRIZA- BONE, they work!! Buy some hats too. I'm sure Clayton, Wal and other can vouch for these items!!

http://www.drizabone.com.au/

Nothing like working inside today! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Happy New Years,

clark

bgl

Nobody is using rain coats here! Wimps! :lol:

surferjr

I forgot....85F....Got some Boardshorts? :rolleyes:

How's that soil when it gets wet.....slippery or what? Yeppy!!

Jeff Searle

I agree, just this past friday after Christmas, we had a steady drizzle for much of the day and I had brought some palms home to plant over the long weekend. I never use a raincoat. I just wear my hat and go out and expect to get wet and muddy. Of course, if it's cold out than I don't bother.I love it. It's always refreshing. Now if we get thunder and lightning (usually only in the summer months) then I don't even think twice about coming inside. I don't take the chance with that stuff!

Jeff

PalmGuyWC

Jeff,

Do you know how lucky your are to hear thunder? We only have a thunder storm here about every two years, and it's usually in the winter time. Our thunder storms are whimps compaired to yours. I miss those bang, bang, Miami thunder storms. Our summers can be boring, just one beautiful sunny day after another........no clouds for months............or rain.

Dick

galveston1602

Just found this thread and let me say that it looks like youve got a great place!

Thanks for sharing.