Sign in to follow this  
Salvades

1st x to the San Diego Zoo

Salvades

After almost 4 years of living here in lovely San Diego, I have finally visited the San Diego Zoo! I was bit by the palm bug about a year ago when a friend began touring me around nurseries and gardens. I was totally overwhelmed by the amount of palms at the Zoo along with the cycads, a few bananas and all the beautiful flowering trees!

I was so excited! So now I am sharing my view of the Zoo with all of you.

I hope you enjoy my pictures as I have enjoyed all of yours.

Keep in mind I am not a photographer! :mrlooney: :mrlooney:

Stay Palmtabulous! AKA Fabulous

http://gallery.me.com/salvades#100044

bgl

Salvades,

Nice pictures! Looks like you had a great day at the zoo! When we lived in San Diego that was definitely one of our favorite places to visit, and when we had out-of-town visitors we would always go there. And off-topic, just looked at your Profile - Happy Birthday two days late! :) Funny coincidence, our daughter was born two days after you! (She's 31 today). Just got off the phone with her. She's currently in Portland, OR, and she's also registered here on PalmTalk (as Annika), but hasn't been very active.

Bo-Göran

Salvades
Salvades,

Nice pictures! Looks like you had a great day at the zoo! When we lived in San Diego that was definitely one of our favorite places to visit, and when we had out-of-town visitors we would always go there. And off-topic, just looked at your Profile - Happy Birthday two days late! :) Funny coincidence, our daughter was born two days after you! (She's 31 today). Just got off the phone with her. She's currently in Portland, OR, and she's also registered here on PalmTalk (as Annika), but hasn't been very active.

Bo-Göran

Thank you! I did have a great day at the Zoo! I drove my friend crazy, she is not so into plants altogether! So I was excited to post my day here. Happy Birthday to Annika! I will have to look her up.

BS Man about Palms

Salvades, Have I met you tooling around with NakaB?

Salvades

Yes @ the Jungle Music sale.

Salvades
good pix!very colorful!

Someday Ill make it to Bali so I can get pictures like yours!

paulgila

thanks so much :blush:

mike is a good guy,hope i can meet u too sometime!

BS Man about Palms

Cool, I thought so. Glad to see you posting here, at the rate you're going, you'll easily pass his contributions... :lol:

Kim

Well you are now! I really enjoyed your photos, Salvades. Looks to me like you are hooked on palms. :) Keep up the good work.

Salvades

thanks so much :blush:

mike is a good guy,hope i can meet u too sometime!

He is brilliant. He knows a lot about Palms. He is a plethora of plant knowledge. So credit goes to him for my Zoo excitement.

I actually think we have met informally at a jungle music sale?

Salvades

Cool, I thought so. Glad to see you posting here, at the rate you're going, you'll easily pass his contributions... :lol:

Thats my plan! :drool:

Salvades

Well you are now! I really enjoyed your photos, Salvades. Looks to me like you are hooked on palms. :) Keep up the good work.

You are too nice! Palms are addictive! I am particularly addicted to the travel logs, it makes me want to travel.