IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Coldest July nights for 21 years in Hobart Tas

Tassie_Troy1971

I'm sorry too hear that... but global warming is a hardier climate change...

If i look to mine records this every year has bene warmer then normal so far... not every month just like last Januari (our winter month) was just 4C too warm, this july our summer monht it's going too be only 1C too warm.... Winters warming up here faster then the summer, and if you look too the records from whole july, not every day was warm there has been some day's tempetures haven't reach the 16C!!! Then i was the same thing thinking... global warming pff.... but after this month we have got again a too warm month...

This afternoon there came a new climate rapport from our weatherinstutuut KNMI, the people can download it then. I'm going too do that also... there is also written why just West europe warming up soo fast. Holland is one of the sevral country's that is warming up faster then the rest off the world!

Robbin

Southwest

Hopefully, another 20 plus years will pass before you see these temperatures again.

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B

Hi Troy - looking forward to those above average temps. forcast in that Nine msn report.....its been bloody freezing the last few weeks - can't believe it still hasn't got down to zero. We've been hammered by frost night after night - I cant remember so many clear still nights in such a short period. I would guess that we've now had about a dozen frosts this year, which is probably equal to the last 3 years combined!

No damage though - only my avocado tree that got mauled by a possum!

South Arm, Tasmania, Australia - 42° South

Mild oceanic climate, with coastal exposure.

Summer: 12°C (53°F) average min, to 21°C (70°F) average daily max. Up to 40°C (104°F max) rarely.

Winter: 6°C (43°F) average min, to 13°C (55°F) average daily max. Down to 0°C (32°F) occasionally, some light frost.

Hi Troy - looking forward to those above average temps. forcast in that Nine msn report.....its been bloody freezing the last few weeks - can't believe it still hasn't got down to zero. We've been hammered by frost night after night - I cant remember so many clear still nights in such a short period. I would guess that we've now had about a dozen frosts this year, which is probably equal to the last 3 years combined!

No damage though - only my avocado tree that got mauled by a possum!

I have a digital min /max thermometer and mine has been - 0.5 c but only 4 frosts and i am alot further from the coast than you . You Sol and I will have to catch up when the warm weather arrives, maybe i could organise a bbq over here ! :D

Old Beach ,Hobart
Tasmania ,Australia. 42 " south
Cool Maritime climate