steve 9atx

Hello Dolly

_Keith
i still have lights :D

What city are you in? And I hope all is still good for you?

_Keith

I am worried too, but I hope he is just to his a$$ in proverbial alligators cleaning up massive amounts of minor messes.

Xavierdlc61887
i still have lights :D

What city are you in? And I hope all is still good for you?

im in pharr texas, 15 minutes from Tad

Xavierdlc61887
I am worried too, but I hope he is just to his a$$ in proverbial alligators cleaning up massive amounts of minor messes.

yes there were trees knocked down....Palms :( knocked down....some where king palms, some where queen.....washys didnt feel a thing :P...but for tad having massive amounts of palms he is probably cleaning the fronds that fell off.....but it did flood some areas as well :/

_Keith

yes there were trees knocked down....Palms :( knocked down....some where king palms, some where queen.....washys didnt feel a thing :P...but for tad having massive amounts of palms he is probably cleaning the fronds that fell off.....but it did flood some areas as well :/

I don't know if you and I have ever dialoged before, but good to meet you, and glad you and family are ok.

If you hear any news of Tad before we do, please share.

Keith

_Keith

Just saw this on the weather service. Tad's town

WESLACO - Hidalgo County was hit hard by Hurricane Dolly with 80 mph winds and heavy rainfall, leaving the area devastated. The county is assessing the damages.

Top priority right now for Hidalgo County is getting their communication systems up.

The area has weathered the storm, now the county needs to start assessing damages.

Wednesday night, over 3,000 residents took advantage of available shelters. Overall, thirteen were opened.

NEWSCHANNEL 5 was told the shelters stay open as long as there is a need.

County Judge JD Salinas says all hospitals but one made it through the storm. They had to transfer patients to another care facility.

he county will be concentrating their efforts on making sure residents are safe.

Hidalgo County has been having problems with their 911 system. So, you may need to contact your local police department with emergencies.

But, this should only be life and death emergency calls.

You can also report problems or concerns with the county's phone bank at 383-6221.

There have been no reported deaths.

steve 9atx

Keith

I talked to Tad on the phone this morning. He came through ok. He lost some shade

cloth on some of his shade houses and had some minor structural damage to the side

of one. But he has power, just no phone (land line) or cable - that's why he hasn't

posted. He said that most of Weslaco still is without power. All in all it sounds like he

did ok.

Their ground was already saturated from rain the provious week so there were lots of

trees, even big live oaks, turned over in the soupy soil. Tad's spending the day helping

right some of these trees. He had a large clump of bamboo hit the deck also.

My Padre Island project had some damage from the 100 mph winds they had there.

The project was designed for a 130 mph, three second gust and had 140 mph (Miami

Dade) windows and sliding patio doors, but apparently the rain still forced its way in.

Somehow, they also lost a chunk of stucco off the side of one of the buildings. And,

the generators malfunctioned most likely due to poor maintenance like not keeping

the trickle chargers on (!). The contractor said the residents were kind of upset until

they got out on the island and saw that most buildings were damaged much worse

than theirs. It's gonna take some work to fix the damage, though.....

Steve

bubba

Glad to hear our Texas Boys and Girls did fine.Even a Cat 1 is a pain.Cat 5-that is when the heavy breathing starts....

NBTX11
Glad to hear our Texas Boys and Girls did fine.Even a Cat 1 is a pain.Cat 5-that is when the heavy breathing starts....

It was a Cat 2 when making lanfall. It was only expected to be a cat 1, but I think strengthened more than anticipated.

Tad

THANKS TO ALL FOR THE PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS!!!!

IT WORKED BIG TIME !!!

My little slice of paradise came thru with flying colors,

I lost a little shade on one house,I have a few leaners here and there,I lost the west side of my flat shade house,

other than that I am A-OK!!!

I only lost power for less than 8 hours, lost phone and cable but they just now got turned on, still have water,

All is well for me and have been busy with clean up plus another 6000 cuttings got dropped on me this afternoon.

Thanks again to all who thought about us during this storm!

Tad

post-18-1217041896_thumb.jpg

post-18-1217041916_thumb.jpg

post-18-1217041936_thumb.jpg

post-18-1217041958_thumb.jpg

post-18-1217041984_thumb.jpg

BS Man about Palms

Is that a soon to be flowering Caryota I see in your future?

Tad

could be it seems to be some funky hybrid, it barely suckers at all really weird the suckers are like dwarfs

palmmermaid

Really glad everyone came through with minimal damage and disruption to your lives.

steve 9atx

Dolly kept going and hit the town with my biggest project

in it. Even though it's right on the river, no damage for us

except for a 3'x30' section of retaining slope washed away

and about four cars and pieces of houses and bridges in the

river at our site. Thank goodness all the buildings are on

the side of a hill up to 100' above the floodplain.

http://www.ruidosonews.com/

Steve

Edited by steve 9atx