IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Beware

steve 9atx

Steve,Welcome back!We have missed the intellectual stimulation you provide to this Board together with your Texasisms that we can't get out of Tad because he is too busy building another 23 million square foot warehouse for his palms!

Great article.Little did Algore know the Wrath that he has personally unleashed.I am drafting pleading's as we speak!

What you look for is what is looking

Steve,

That was a very interesting article. Without sounding political, I think Al Gore (Bore) should be awarded the Moron of the Planet award, to sit beside his nobel prize. What a joke! On the other hand, looking where we have come from the last 8 years, I think it would be a toss of the coin. Our economy stinks, the doller is worth nothing, and we are bogged down in two wars, and one of them not very popular. I see again today, the stock market is plunging. Our politicians do nothing but whine, and take pot shots at each other. The rest of the world laughs at us because we whine about paying $4.50 a gallon for gas when they are paying almost twice as much.

The only answer to our energy crisis is nuclear, non polluting, and with modern technology, very safe. Obama can hardly get nuclear past his lips and he doesn't want to drill, and McCain wants to drill everywhere. We are in a hell of a mess, and I think it's going to get much worse before it gets better. Ethenol from corn is a joke. The early primaries are in Iowa and the corn belt, and both of our political parties cave in to the agricultral lobby.

I think a lot of the pessimism in the country and the world is coming from our "free" press, unbridled, and viscious. All of the networks, CNN, and MSNBC are down on Bush, and I'm dismayed at just how viscious and crude they can be. They are not even subtile about it anymore. The New Times and other newspapers even give away state secrets that endanger our country and they get away with it.

Whew! I hope this didn't sound political, and I could go on and on, but I won't. I'm sick of both political partys in the USA, so I guess that makes me an independent. They both deserve our wrath for doing nothing except spending our tax dollars on their pet projects which gets them reelected another term.

Dick

Richard Douglas

A propos summary, Dick. I think I'll go open a vein now.....

Steve

p.s. hybrid pics on the way.

USDA Zone 9a/b, AHS Heat Zone 9, Sunset Zone 28

49'/14m above sea level, 25mi/40km to Galveston Bay

Long-term average rainfall 47.84"/1215mm

Near-term (7yr) average rainfall 55.44"/1410mm

Steve,Welcome back!We have missed the intellectual stimulation you provide to this Board together with your Texasisms that we can't get out of Tad because he is too busy building another 23 million square foot warehouse for his palms!

I am not, but I will be working on another shade house soon enuff, new batch of olive cuttings came in today!

Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.

Abraham Lincoln

The way of the transgressor is hard

I don't feel so bad now as I thought I was the only one afraid to take a drink of water for fear of killing millions of people. Maybe tonight I'll get a goods night of sleep for the first time since I saw "An Inconvenient Truth".

THANK YOU for your help.

Kent in Kansas.

Gowing palm trees in the middle of the country - Kansas.

It's hot in the summer (usually) and cold in the winter (always).

Steve,

Save your veins as we will weather this one too. I'm looking forward to those hybrid pictures.

Dick

Richard Douglas

I don't feel so bad now as I thought I was the only one afraid to take a drink of water for fear of killing millions of people. Maybe tonight I'll get a goods night of sleep for the first time since I saw "An Inconvenient Truth".

THANK YOU for your help.

What is with you guys???????????????? Water is NOT FOR DRINKING. It is for washing and making DRINKS, like Beer and Ale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Wai`anae Steve-------www.waianaecrider.com
Living in Paradise, Leeward O`ahu, Hawai`i, USA
Temperature range yearly from say 95 to 62 degrees F
Only 3 hurricanes in the past 51 years and no damage. No floods where I am, No tornados, No earthquakes
No moles, squirrels, chipmunks, deer, etc. Just the neighbors "wild" chickens