Ken Johnson

Major PRA. Tri County. First pix ever. Bubba, Ken, Kingfish

cfkingfish

Bill was breaking out his best dance moves as Bob pointed to the outdoor dance patio.

IMG_0523-1.jpg

cfkingfish

Ken pulls off his Donald Rumsfeld impression as Bob looks in disgust. I think he liked the dancing better.

IMG_0526-1.jpg

PatientPalms

Ok Señor Kingfish... you started the photos of the residence and it's immediate grounds so I'm unloading mine!

antfarm27.jpg

antfarm28.jpg

antfarm29.jpg

antfarm30.jpg

PatientPalms

cfkingfish

Rolling four deep through the mean streets of Palm Beach.....

IMG_0534-1.jpg

PatientPalms

For those who don't do thumbnails, here's that BIG fANTastic tree from on the way to lunch... For size reference the the Cocos below to the right are at least 30 ft tall!

antfarm45.jpg

cfkingfish

Lunch was just as good as the palms! It has been a while since I laughed as hard as when Keith mentioned how much he liked Bumble Bee tuna. :lol: Ill let Ken tell the details.

PatientPalms

Lunch pic... SAY CHEEEEEEEEEEEESE! Check out Ken's plate... He was watching his waist. :lol:

antfarm46.jpg

PatientPalms

POST 95 ROCKS! AWESOME PIC!!! I'm pirating that one! :D

Lefty

you guys need to get out more often

Ken Johnson

yes. In Palm Beach when you ask if the Tuna is fresh you may hear the waiter tell you that it is fresh canned in oil. You may then reply "What?" and the after many attempts to figure it out and with Bubba doin the Bumble Bee twist you may be near to being asked to leave.

Since we had made such a grand entrance in the first place what with the truck driver drifting into the vallet lane and leaving the truck in the middle of the raod as we hopped out (remember no one was in town so no biggie :innocent: ). We then rearanged the tables till we had it right (after knocking over the gerber daisy...twice). The waiter realy could do little more than tell me again that the tuna was fresh canned in oil!

This was all accepted with a twisted face by the waiter and Bubba presented us with a fine lunch. Mine was not the same pastrami as at The Hat in California (We were in Palm Beach after all) so I only had a few slices of some very good ham!

redant
This is jumping the (shot)gun a little as we head out towards lunch. Wait till we tell the story of lunch. I thought Christian was goingto hide under the table! :evil:

Hey, thats my spot for watching fireworks, coolest tree ever!

PatientPalms
you may be near to being asked to leave.

For the record as we walked in the door, rowdy and loud... the host seated us in our own "private corner" of the restaurant... most likely so we would not "disturb" the other guests.. :rolleyes:

PatientPalms

LEFTY! Good to hear from you!

Time flies like an arrow,

But fruit flies like a banana

That is funny! :lol:

Ken Johnson

As some of the party thinned out Christian and I were not done yet. We followed Bill to his nursery (Kingfish you got a pic?) and we took a pic in his office. It was in Lantana or some place south of Palm Beach (it may as well have been ANTartica). The coolest thing was that Bill has a better set up than most pros (certanly better than I)

post-50-1215483001_thumb.jpg

PatientPalms
(remember no one was in town so no biggie :innocent: )

Except that cop car parked right behind your Nastruck maneuver area. :interesting:

_Keith
you guys need to get out more often

Don't say that. Everytime they escape some poor schmuck in security loses their job. Amazinig how many times they have found an out. And we have quadrupled their drug doses too. i think they use some kind of palm seed on the grounds to counteract the sedatives, hence their love of palms.

Ken Johnson

Larry, You were in the conversation at lunch. Something about a real funny guy and you did what in Costa Rica? Something about Miss Louisiana?

osideterry

All I gotta say is THOSE ANTS WERE DEFINITELY WORTH THE WAIT! Likewise the earwigs.

Now time to bail Bubba out for the Joan Collins mixup... John and my photos were from the 50s classic "Them!".

Bubba was thinking about "Empire of the Ants".

post-662-1215483996_thumb.jpg

post-662-1215484023_thumb.jpg

post-662-1215484052_thumb.jpg

Ken Johnson

As if we had not done enough yet the PRA continued to another garden. This one is in Broward. I will post some pix and see who here names the garden first?

post-50-1215484983_thumb.jpg

DoomsDave
We had some suprise guest (WE WERE FIGURING HE WOULD COME BY BUT WOULD HE BE DRIVING A BENTLY?) and some giant ANTS!

Dave, Remember this address?

Palm Beach!

With Bubba!

BS Man about Palms
This was all accepted with a twisted face by the waiter and Bubba presented us with a fine lunch. Mine was not the same pastrami as at The Hat in California (We were in Palm Beach after all) so I only had a few slices of some very good ham!

I remember "The Hat" with our fun PRA. What a meal!!! and RAIN too.

Man I don't think I've ever seen a thread grow as fast as today. :o Looked like FUN

Gbarce

My complements to the gardener--BUBBA that is a seriously awesome looking garden.

Nice to see that the other US coast having PRA's too.

Where was Mr. Searle during all this??

CuriousPalm
Bill was breaking out his best dance moves as Bob pointed to the outdoor dance patio.

IMG_0523-1.jpg

Trust me when I say, Bill has much better dance moves than that! :winkie: He may appear reserved, but that man of character and statue, can move like nobodies business to reggae!

Gentlemen, thanks for sharing your delightful experience, truly a living work of art!

Gileno Machado

fANTastic garden Bubba...

After seeing this place I guess we should propose an IPS Biennial for the area... :)

RainForestt Robert

Gileno, you said it, that is a fanatastic garden!

palmislandRandy

Thanks for sharing the photos guys. Next time you do the "tour" I'm in!

palmislandRandy

Thanks for sharing the photos guys. Next time you do the "tour" I'm in!

sur4z

It was a fANTastic day. The owner of the property is Bob (Eigelberger), the ant farmer...he has over 6 acres and over 100 species of palms...the hurricanes of '04 and '05 hit the place very hard so most of what you have seen is relatively new. Now if you want to see the place from your computer, enjoy www.casaphippsberger.org.

PatientPalms

Pedro - Thanks for the link to the gardens! Really was a scool way to spend a Sunday afternoon...

Faulkner - Did those cuttings make it ok?

Ken Johnson

To continue with pix of the Broward garden here is a nice representation of Echmans hard work.

Any one recognise the garden yet?

post-50-1215533088_thumb.jpg

Ken Johnson

Copernicia!

post-50-1215533265_thumb.jpg

Ken Johnson

Thrinax? NOT! I know what it is. Do you?

post-50-1215533344_thumb.jpg

Ken Johnson

Artsy Fartsy shot.

post-50-1215533439_thumb.jpg

PatientPalms

Woah! I shoulda come with you guys to Broward! B)

Ken Johnson

I did not ingest this mushroom but after the Palm Beach high and what was still to come I did not need much more than the Kirin Tall Boy that Kingfish got me at the gas station. (It cost $135 to fill up!)

post-50-1215533697_thumb.jpg

Ken Johnson

Neoveitchia!

post-50-1215533771_thumb.jpg

Ken Johnson

Help, The name won't pop into my head.

post-50-1215533850_thumb.jpg

PatientPalms

Pelagodoxa henryana ;)

And what a beauty! :greenthumb::drool:

Ken Johnson

This guy is cute. What is it?