Ken Johnson

Major PRA. Tri County. First pix ever. Bubba, Ken, Kingfish

PatientPalms

or this one?

antfarm6.jpg

PatientPalms

Here's one of my favorites tucked away in a secluded space enjoying some deep shade...

antfarm9.jpg

PatientPalms

Everyone seems so scared to grow these in SoFla cause of LY... BOB THE ANT FARMER has no fear!

antfarm13.jpg

PatientPalms

This one was hidden away well... In fact all 9 of them were packed away in a hidden area!

antfarm15.jpg

Ken Johnson

Thanks for the link. I am sure everyone is on the same page now. I know I came close to that sucker but you actally touched it Bill? OMG.

I know I got a shot somewhere of its HORNS but this pic is us looking for ANTS. Kris will see the date here and I will soon appear at the ANT hill where I barely have time to snap a shot before the quick litttle guy burries his head in the dirt.

In the meantime I will show some of the architectural aspects of this garden and some more palms. There were no snakes so we did not need ANTivenom. :blush:

I must drive around on the tractor now but when I get back I will go in the dark room and develope some pictures that may show the ANTS. Bill. you look for yours and see if you have enough silver nitrate left to get a good picture to come out. See y'all in a hour or so. Do check back as I am sure they are there and this is not an ANTiclimax!

post-50-1215451583_thumb.jpg

PatientPalms

ROGER THAT KEN... GONNA LOOK FOR MY ANT ATTACK SERIES!!!

Earlier we had to outrun them in KEN'S big truck... I think we used all 500 horses to escape the pincers of those giant insects. Here, we unsuspectingly had crossed over into the GIANT ANTS lair... We were looking for them, but didn't realize how close we were to them... Then it happened... KEN was drawn into the ANT's trap.. Pictured,you can see Ken's apendages as he was ripped out of my camera's frame by the GIANT ANTS!. Mr Faulkner reactively pursued the VICIOUS predators!

antfarm17.jpg

paulgila

"dark room"??? "develop"???

thats a bit ANTiquated,isnt it?

gsn
I must drive around on the tractor now but when I get back I will go in the dark room and develope some pictures that may show the ANTS. Bill. you look for yours and see if you have enough silver nitrate left to get a good picture to come out. See y'all in a hour or so. Do check back as I am sure they are there and this is not an ANTiclimax!

Ken,

The ANTicipation is palpable! :mrlooney:

Edited by gsn

PatientPalms

Sorry Ken, I'm all out of ANTiquated photo supplies (man this thread is the cheesiest ever! :lol: ) Here's how distorted the photo is... Maybe someone can make out the ant in it... I'll have to rework the developing and try to post KILLER ANT and EARWIG SUNBATHING photos later...

antfarm18-1.jpg

sur4z

When the ANTics subside I will post the website for Bob's ANT farm.

redant

Sorry I'm late to the party, is this bubba's place? it's stunning.

Ken Johnson

Surfer, Thanks for not exposing the ANTique web site. You will be rewarded with this photo and more. Be ready for part three (this is just part one) of this PRA (nt) when we expose killer rednecks in Miami Dade County.

post-50-1215456342_thumb.jpg

sur4z
Surfer, Thanks for not exposing the ANTique web site. You will be rewarded with this photo and more. Be ready for part three (this is just part one) of this PRA (nt) when we expose killer rednecks in Miami Dade County.

surfer=pedro

Ken Johnson

It was not untill after we studied this tree in detail that we saw the ANTS.

post-50-1215456662_thumb.jpg

bubba

John,Are you telling me that I sat alone in a hotel room for 10 hours in Palm Springs waiting for my wife to come back from shopping and the whole time the Actress I thought was Joan Collins was Joan Weldon?The Horror......

Ken Johnson

There are losts of picture but this one shows the huge variety of plant types in this garden and many of them were very unusual and or rare!

Bill and All, Lets see if we can find the ANT pictures around 8 P.M. EDT?

post-50-1215457050_thumb.jpg

PatientPalms

8 sounds good Ken, roger that...

In the mean time, I'm gonna spill my photographic guts with some of the lovelies we saw... Most of what I have left in my memory stick, (er uh, film) is nonpalmish... So if anyone can identify it would be cool...

Ken, you've kinda got that "I could really sell this" look in your eye while standing next to this beautiful Satakentia

antfarm16.jpg

sur4z

But...look at Bubba's ANT eating grin!

John in Andalucia
John,Are you telling me that I sat alone in a hotel room for 10 hours in Palm Springs waiting for my wife to come back from shopping and the whole time the Actress I thought was Joan Collins was Joan Weldon?The Horror......

Bubba,

If you are certain it was Joan Collins, then you were watching Empire Of The Ants (1977) and not Them! (1954).

Neither film featured palm trees, I might add.

PatientPalms

Here's our host BOB THE ANT FARMER with a spectacular orchid displayed on a palm trunk.

antfarm14.jpg

PatientPalms

Once we had tamed the ANTS we quickly found they were extremely camara shy... You can see them scurry out of photo range as I tried to capture them in their native habitat...

antfarm24.jpg

PatientPalms

This was a cool plant in ANTarctica...

antfarm25.jpg

PatientPalms

How about this crazy D. lutescens? Roots growing on trunks? What the heck?!! No photo trickery here folks! This palm was suspended in the air about 6 feet above ground!

antfarm26.jpg

PatientPalms

PatientPalms

PatientPalms

PatientPalms

I'm having wayyyy too much fun and need to work for a few... I think I'll leave the shots of the residence and the brom garden to Ken or Chris... Keith, did you even take a camera?

Ken Johnson

It was just one cool view after another an this was not even the ANTithisis.

post-50-1215459891_thumb.jpg

bubba

Bill,The only thing I carry on person is my fully loaded Mossberger.

PatientPalms
Mossberger.

:blink: Is that related to a Mossberg? :huh::mrlooney:

PatientPalms

PatientPalms

John in Andalucia

Show us the ants Bill!

post-1155-1215464195_thumb.gifpost-1155-1215464182_thumb.gifpost-1155-1215464182_thumb.gifpost-1155-1215464182_thumb.gif

bubba

John,We can't show you the Ants but I do have some Buff pictures of Joan Collins!

Matt in SD

I don't have time to even try to figure out all this ant stuff...but the palms with the inflorescence that is worth 10 points to ID is Wallichia disticha I think. Can I get anything with the points?

Matt

cfkingfish

This thread is getting hot! Make sure there is no ANTi-climatic ending, however.... Let me get some pictures up after dinner.

Ken Johnson

Bob The ANT Farmer, Bill, Keith and Pedro are looking on in dibelief as Christian try to save me from the ANT. At 8 O'Clock you will see Christian compleatly tuckered out after saving me but I will be unharmed and smiling in disbelief that an ANT could be so big and strong.

BTW these ANTS are an interesting species for sure, I think BOB THE ANT FARMER says they are plANT ANTS.

post-50-1215467257_thumb.jpg

cfkingfish

Did someone say Mossberg?

Moss1.jpg

I brought mine but it only ANTagonized the huge insects....... :blink: :blink:

Ken Johnson

While waiting for the reveal here is a nice "bohidiana" I use quotes because I want to see who else thinks this is a hybrid?

post-50-1215467596_thumb.jpg

Ken Johnson

Chris, You got home with a bang. Got any pics to share? There are people in the ANTilles that want to see them!