IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Major PRA. Tri County. First pix ever. Bubba, Ken, Kingfish

Ken Johnson

Bill was breaking out his best dance moves as Bob pointed to the outdoor dance patio.

IMG_0523-1.jpg

Christian Faulkner

Venice, Florida - South Sarasota County.

www.faulknerspalms.com

Μολὼν λάβε

Ken pulls off his Donald Rumsfeld impression as Bob looks in disgust. I think he liked the dancing better.

IMG_0526-1.jpg

Christian Faulkner

www.faulknerspalms.com

Μολὼν λάβε

Rolling four deep through the mean streets of Palm Beach.....

IMG_0534-1.jpg

Christian Faulkner

www.faulknerspalms.com

Μολὼν λάβε

For those who don't do thumbnails, here's that BIG fANTastic tree from on the way to lunch... For size reference the the Cocos below to the right are at least 30 ft tall!

antfarm45.jpg

Lunch was just as good as the palms! It has been a while since I laughed as hard as when Keith mentioned how much he liked Bumble Bee tuna. :lol: Ill let Ken tell the details.

Christian Faulkner

www.faulknerspalms.com

Μολὼν λάβε

you guys need to get out more often

Larry Davis

Time flies like an arrow,

But fruit flies like a banana

yes. In Palm Beach when you ask if the Tuna is fresh you may hear the waiter tell you that it is fresh canned in oil. You may then reply "What?" and the after many attempts to figure it out and with Bubba doin the Bumble Bee twist you may be near to being asked to leave.

Since we had made such a grand entrance in the first place what with the truck driver drifting into the vallet lane and leaving the truck in the middle of the raod as we hopped out (remember no one was in town so no biggie :innocent: ). We then rearanged the tables till we had it right (after knocking over the gerber daisy...twice). The waiter realy could do little more than tell me again that the tuna was fresh canned in oil!

This was all accepted with a twisted face by the waiter and Bubba presented us with a fine lunch. Mine was not the same pastrami as at The Hat in California (We were in Palm Beach after all) so I only had a few slices of some very good ham!

I DIG PALMS

Call me anytime to chat about transplanting palms.

305-345-8918

https://www.facebook...KenJohnsonPalms

This is jumping the (shot)gun a little as we head out towards lunch. Wait till we tell the story of lunch. I thought Christian was goingto hide under the table! :evil:

Hey, thats my spot for watching fireworks, coolest tree ever!

Jupiter FL

in the Zone formally known as 10A

you may be near to being asked to leave.

For the record as we walked in the door, rowdy and loud... the host seated us in our own "private corner" of the restaurant... most likely so we would not "disturb" the other guests.. :rolleyes:

As some of the party thinned out Christian and I were not done yet. We followed Bill to his nursery (Kingfish you got a pic?) and we took a pic in his office. It was in Lantana or some place south of Palm Beach (it may as well have been ANTartica). The coolest thing was that Bill has a better set up than most pros (certanly better than I)

post-50-1215483001_thumb.jpg

I DIG PALMS

305-345-8918

you guys need to get out more often

Don't say that. Everytime they escape some poor schmuck in security loses their job. Amazinig how many times they have found an out. And we have quadrupled their drug doses too. i think they use some kind of palm seed on the grounds to counteract the sedatives, hence their love of palms.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

All I gotta say is THOSE ANTS WERE DEFINITELY WORTH THE WAIT! Likewise the earwigs.

Now time to bail Bubba out for the Joan Collins mixup... John and my photos were from the 50s classic "Them!".

Bubba was thinking about "Empire of the Ants".

post-662-1215483996_thumb.jpg

post-662-1215484023_thumb.jpg

post-662-1215484052_thumb.jpg

Zone 9b/10a, Sunset Zone 22

7 miles inland. Elevation 120ft (37m)

Average annual low temp: 30F (-1C)

Average annual rainfall: 8" (20cm)

As if we had not done enough yet the PRA continued to another garden. This one is in Broward. I will post some pix and see who here names the garden first?

post-50-1215484983_thumb.jpg

I DIG PALMS

305-345-8918

We had some suprise guest (WE WERE FIGURING HE WOULD COME BY BUT WOULD HE BE DRIVING A BENTLY?) and some giant ANTS!

Dave, Remember this address?

Palm Beach!

With Bubba!

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

This was all accepted with a twisted face by the waiter and Bubba presented us with a fine lunch. Mine was not the same pastrami as at The Hat in California (We were in Palm Beach after all) so I only had a few slices of some very good ham!

I remember "The Hat" with our fun PRA. What a meal!!! and RAIN too.

Man I don't think I've ever seen a thread grow as fast as today. :o Looked like FUN

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

My complements to the gardener--BUBBA that is a seriously awesome looking garden.

Nice to see that the other US coast having PRA's too.

Where was Mr. Searle during all this??

Gene

Manila, Philippines

53 feet above sea level - inland

Hot and dry in summer, humid and sticky monsoon season, perfect weather Christmas time

http://freakofnaturezzz.blogspot.com/

Bill was breaking out his best dance moves as Bob pointed to the outdoor dance patio.

IMG_0523-1.jpg

Trust me when I say, Bill has much better dance moves than that! :winkie: He may appear reserved, but that man of character and statue, can move like nobodies business to reggae!

Gentlemen, thanks for sharing your delightful experience, truly a living work of art!

April Tarnow DeBoe

fANTastic garden Bubba...

After seeing this place I guess we should propose an IPS Biennial for the area... :)

Sirinhaém beach, 80 Km south of Recife - Brazil

Tropical oceanic climate, latitude 8° S

Temperature extremes: 25 to 31°C

2000 mm average rainfall, dry summers

Gileno, you said it, that is a fanatastic garden!

Trinidad!  Southernmost island in the Caribbean.

So many plants, So little space.

Thanks for sharing the photos guys. Next time you do the "tour" I'm in!

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

Thanks for sharing the photos guys. Next time you do the "tour" I'm in!

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

It was a fANTastic day. The owner of the property is Bob (Eigelberger), the ant farmer...he has over 6 acres and over 100 species of palms...the hurricanes of '04 and '05 hit the place very hard so most of what you have seen is relatively new. Now if you want to see the place from your computer, enjoy www.casaphippsberger.org.

The weight of lies will bring you down / And follow you to every town / Cause nothin happens here

That doesn't happen there / So when you run make sure you run / To something and not away from

Cause lies don't need an aero plane / To chase you anywhere

--Avett Bros

Pedro - Thanks for the link to the gardens! Really was a scool way to spend a Sunday afternoon...

Faulkner - Did those cuttings make it ok?

I did not ingest this mushroom but after the Palm Beach high and what was still to come I did not need much more than the Kirin Tall Boy that Kingfish got me at the gas station. (It cost $135 to fill up!)

post-50-1215533697_thumb.jpg

I DIG PALMS

305-345-8918