IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Major PRA. Tri County. First pix ever. Bubba, Ken, Kingfish

Ken Johnson

This may take a few days. it is near Midnight here and I started at 6:00 A.M.

CF and I will post pix and we will get Bubba and tHE surprise guest to chime in.

I am sure tHis will be entertaining and thAt you will be SHOCKED by the ANTS!

(NTM the EARWIG!)

• Upvote 1

I DIG PALMS

Call me anytime to chat about transplanting palms.

305-345-8918

https://www.facebook...KenJohnsonPalms

I am sure tHis will be entertaining and thAt you will be SHOCKED by the ANTS!

(NTM the EARWIG!)

Ken,

Does this mean that FINALLY, bubba's giant ANTS, will be revealed in this thread? :lol:

My money says probally NOT! All I can say is after bubba's full page build-up in the ant thread they better be some big damn ANTS!

That is unless you guys are the ANTS! :winkie:

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titusville, FL

1/2 mile from the Indian River

USDA Zone COLD

No, no, no, Scott. The ANTS are REAL! We sat on them! What a BIG surprise!

I need to plant some Chryosophilas but will get back to th ePRA pix soon.

• Upvote 1

I DIG PALMS

305-345-8918

Go get them Ken!Show them what can be done in a Zone 10 Garden full of wild ANTS bigger than Spinner Sharks.Also,our host was interested in knowing the name of that great Palm you gave him.

Also,Bob wanted to know how quickly we all could leave for Thailand.The Ants will ride in the back of his stream,he promised!Runway 6 PBIA asoonamente.

What you look for is what is looking

Show us the ants, and I promise I won't be any more skeered than this lady! :o

post-1155-1215436427_thumb.jpg

Here she is wearing special glasses, in case the ants spit tobacco in her eye!

post-1155-1215437114_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Ants?!?!? Bubba?!?!? Bently?!?!? :hmm:

Aw, com'mon, KJ, yer killin' me! :blink:

• Upvote 1

Rusty Bell

Pine Island - the Ex-Pat part of Lee County, Fl , USA

Zone 10b, life in the subs!...except when it isn't....

Joan Collins sister lives here and writes dirty books! You got to admit Joan was a Hottie in those Goggles out in the Glades.I bet it was 140F out there and Joan could not have been a happy camper.Those Ants are dam scary and I have to say she was a storm trooper.Those Ants....those dam scary Ants...

Bubba,

According to IMDB that was Joan Weldon.

Dr. Patricia 'Pat' Medford: [observing the tunnel walls] Look! Held together with saliva!

Ben Peterson: Yeah! Spit's all that's holding me together right now, too.

Ahem..

Word has travelled far, Ken.

post-1155-1215442035_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm just off to scrutinise my Cyrtostachys renda seedlings, but I'll be back.

Go get them Ken!Show them what can be done in a Zone 10 Garden full of wild ANTS bigger than Spinner Sharks.Also,our host was interested in knowing the name of that great Palm you gave him.

Also,Bob wanted to know how quickly we all could leave for Thailand.The Ants will ride in the back of his stream,he promised!Runway 6 PBIA asoonamente.

Okay this is getting really close to all the build-up, and HYPE that came before the SEGWAY! And we ALL know what a huge dissapointment that was! :rolleyes: Bubba hope your giant ants haven't been so ballyhooed,that they will not live up to expectations! :lol:

If your NOT going to show us the ANTS, at least show us some palms? :winkie:

Scott

Titusville, FL

USDA Zone COLD

John, That IMBD thing may say whatever it will but if that is not Joan Collins,I will eat the shoe off the largest Ant in the pack!Interestingly,I watched that whole dam movie in a hotel room in Palm Springs while my wife left the room for about ten hours to do "a little shopping" without her cell phone.She had my golf clubs in the trunk of the car.

All I could do was watch Collins and the Ants and look for old "Flipper" re-runs.

Scott,No way those dam Ants are going to meet your expectations.I have asked Ken just to cancel the whole thing.It's really just a Zone 9B garden at best anyhow.

John, That IMBD thing may say whatever it will but if that is not Joan Collins,I will eat the shoe off the largest Ant in the pack!Interestingly,I watched that whole dam movie in a hotel room in Palm Springs while my wife left the room for about ten hours to do "a little shopping" without her cell phone.She had my golf clubs in the trunk of the car.

All I could do was watch Collins and the Ants and look for old "Flipper" re-runs.

Bubba,

Joan Weldon v. Joan Collins.

post-1155-1215447612_thumb.jpg

Neither of them have considered joining the IPS as far as I know.

Now look who's here. It is the Pious one himself. OK OK here is a group shot. I took the pic but later I set the timer while in the ANT pile so that we could all be seen with ANTS in our PANTS! Do you see the Bently guy? And how 'bout Bubba and his partner Pedro? And who is that masked man on the left? Could it be FTBG newest and greatest nursery manager? Yes I think it is.

Thats our host on the right..BOB THE ANT FARMER. He makes BURGERS with them! :sick:

post-50-1215447969_thumb.jpg

I DIG PALMS

305-345-8918

Ok If you must see palms here is a pic I took while in California. Man they can grow big Royals there. I wish we could grow King palms like that here!

Hey wait a minute. That photo is from yesterday. :floor: BOB THE ANT FARMER can realy grow some nice palms!

post-50-1215448753_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

I DIG PALMS

305-345-8918

Now Ken, you just can't post a pic of the group and not include yourself!!

Ken and his lovely date for the afternoon... :D

antfarm44.jpg

William,

Looks like those giant ANTS did a number on Ken's date! Is that powdery mildew they left on its' head and shoulders? :lol: Were they attracted to the FLOWER Ken is putting behind IT'S ear? :hmm:

Edited by gsn
  • Upvote 1

Scott

Titusville, FL

USDA Zone COLD

Scott. The ANTS ate off his lower extemities and BOB the ANT FARMER built him that prosthesis. Are you making fun of my DATE?

PS nice Cabadae uh? Thats the ANTidypsis. :innocent:

I DIG PALMS

305-345-8918

Will, I am just hoping you got some shots of the ANTS! Thoes suckers were moving so fast that they looked like COCKROACHES in the kitchen when I turn the lights on!

And have you ever seen EARWIGS that big? I will get a link so all of you will know what an earwig is. Or maybe someone will do it for me as I have never added a link to a post before.

I DIG PALMS

305-345-8918

You may not be aware of this... but while we were on our mission yesterday I managed to lasso me one of those hugenormous EARWIGS and rode it around while sunbathing... B) I'll have to dig around, there's proof of this somewhere...

Ken,

Heavens no, your date is quite attractive in a miscreant sort of way. :winkie:

I already gave up on the ANTS, between the two posts nary a sign of them. So if you didn't get any pics of the ANTS that is fine,if you have seen one ant you have seen them ALL. As Bubba said I would probably have been dissappointed anyway!

But I am finally enjoying the PALM pics,thanks!

Even though they seem to keep duplicating themselves! :unsure:

Edited by gsn

Scott

Titusville, FL

USDA Zone COLD

There was a nice Koi pond on the premesis...

antfarm1.jpg

You promise ANTS and you deliver CARP! :lol:

Scott

Titusville, FL

USDA Zone COLD

There was a rabid possum killing fox that we scarcely managed to avoid, it was not a kodak moment!

Scott, you should seen these ANTS! They were crawling out of ground trying to attack KEN... KEN fiercely conquered the GIANT ANT and tamed him... by the end of the day he was riding them!