IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Free fresh Chamaedorea seed

palmtreesforpleasure

Now that i have sent out 130 pack's of seed from the last offer, i did a silly thing, visited a friend and came home with some more Chamaedorea tepejilote and Chamaedorea microspadix seed

This offer is only for those who did not contact me last time

Those that have been promised Chamaedorea klotzschiana seed will get them when ripe, you have been sent others species in the meantime, with a few enthusiasts getting some surprises. I have pm'd you that they are coming.

There will be some rarer ones later in the year but will be for trade only as collecting and sharing Chamaedorea's is a passion for me.

Everyone who asked for seed had them sent, 15 packets went today. if anyone who has not or does not receive them in the next 2 weeks please let me know (as Simona did) and i will find others(which Simona has now received)

Please, please let me know when they arrive, it helps me know how long it takes to arrive in your area. Oherwise i might give the wrong delivery advice in the future

Whew!! anyway enough of the information

Who wants the seed? first in, best dressed :-)

regards

colin

coastal north facing location

100klm south of Sydney

NSW

Australia

GSN

Seed sent

regards

colin

Now that i have sent out 130 pack's of seed from the last offer, i did a silly thing, visited a friend and came home with some more Chamaedorea tepejilote and Chamaedorea microspadix seed

This offer is only for those who did not contact me last time

Those that have been promised Chamaedorea klotzschiana seed will get them when ripe, you have been sent others species in the meantime, with a few enthusiasts getting some surprises. I have pm'd you that they are coming.

There will be some rarer ones later in the year but will be for trade only as collecting and sharing Chamaedorea's is a passion for me.

Everyone who asked for seed had them sent, 15 packets went today. if anyone who has not or does not receive them in the next 2 weeks please let me know (as Simona did) and i will find others(which Simona has now received)

Please, please let me know when they arrive, it helps me know how long it takes to arrive in your area. Oherwise i might give the wrong delivery advice in the future

Whew!! anyway enough of the information

Who wants the seed? first in, best dressed :-)

regards

colin

100klm south of Sydney

NSW

Australia

I could use a few of both if you have any left. Thanks

Fordoche, LA

USDA zone 8b

National Arbor Day zone 9

AHS zone 9

Sunset zone 28

Gulf Coast climate with long hot and humid growing season, but short winters are cold and wet with several frosts. Typical lowest temp of between 22F-26F each winter with around a dozen or so nights below freezing.

I could use a few of both if you have any left. Thanks

Hi Southtropical

If you pm your name and address they will be sent tomorrow

regards

colin

PS There is still some more for someone else

100klm south of Sydney

NSW

Australia

i'm interested too.

island Vis, adriatic sea, Croatia. Zone 9b/10a

Temperature low last winter: -0.9°C/30.4 F

Temperature low this winter: -0.3°C/31.5 F

-Creating my own little palm heaven-

Colin,

I would love to get some C. microspadix seeds if you don't mind. It has been on my wish list for a long time. Thanks. I'll p.m you with my address.

David

David Simms zone 9a on Highway 30a

200 steps from the Gulf in NW Florida

30 ft. elevation and sandy soil

Colin,

PM sent. Thanks for being so generous. I plan to do the same once all of my palms start setting seed.

Colin,

I would love to get some C. microspadix seeds if you don't mind. It has been on my wish list for a long time. Thanks. I'll p.m you with my address.

David

C. microspadix is growing like a weed here in the same climate as yours. I got a few early this spring just starting to put out adult leaves. I have an acre and I don't think it's possible to have too many.

Fordoche, LA

USDA zone 8b

AHS zone 9

Sunset zone 28

Gulf Coast climate with long hot and humid growing season, but short winters are cold and wet with several frosts. Typical lowest temp of between 22F-26F each winter with around a dozen or so nights below freezing.

Hi David and Isaac, seed will be sent tomorrow

Hi Pivi

please pm your address

regards

colin

100klm south of Sydney

NSW

Australia

Hi colin,

I would love some Chamaedorea tepejilote seeds as the 4ft plant I have now died due to fungus, I think it may be coming back. Anyway, I'd like to try it again. Also, if you have a few other seeds of palms which would do well indoors please let me know. It's very hot and humid down here in Houston, Texas.

Michael

P.S. I'll PM my info to you, Thanks!

Hi Michael

seeds will be sent today

Happy Germinating

Everyone who has sent a pm yesterday will be sent the seed today, the others where sent the day before.

regards

colin

Hi colin,

I would love some Chamaedorea tepejilote seeds as the 4ft plant I have now died due to fungus, I think it may be coming back. Anyway, I'd like to try it again. Also, if you have a few other seeds of palms which would do well indoors please let me know. It's very hot and humid down here in Houston, Texas.

Michael

P.S. I'll PM my info to you, Thanks!

100klm south of Sydney

NSW

Australia

Everyone who requested seed has had it sent

I have a few left

regards

colin

100klm south of Sydney

NSW

Australia

Thank you Collin! B)

island Vis, adriatic sea, Croatia. Zone 9b/10a

Temperature low last winter: -0.9°C/30.4 F

Temperature low this winter: -0.3°C/31.5 F

-Creating my own little palm heaven-

Thanks!!

Fordoche, LA

USDA zone 8b

AHS zone 9

Sunset zone 28

Any Left?

Nelson, NEW ZEALAND

Sheltered micro-climate

Min -2C, Max 34C

Latitude 41 Degrees South

Warm temperate climate, with over 2500 hours of sunshine per year.

Hello niftinfiftin

Went to a wedding in Nelson earlier this year, lovely city, loved the pub called honest lawyer, stayed opposite , had a great time, took some pictures of the nice palms in the park on the hill

I will look to see if any are left, mostly all gone as of yesterday. will let you know on Monday as leaving for Sydney now

regards

Colin

Any Left?

100klm south of Sydney

NSW

Australia

Colin,

Seed received.

Thanks once again for taking the time, effort, and expense to send these seeds 1/2 way across the earth.

They are greatly appreciated ,and I will let you know how germination goes.

Just curious what is the medium inside the baggie along with the seed?

Scott

Titusville, FL

1/2 mile from the Indian River

USDA Zone COLD

Colin,

I received the seeds yesterday 10 july, here in France, no problems, short time !

thanks very much for seeds and good packaging.

i'll tell you how they grow up

Thanks again

JB

Jean-bernard

crazy sower

city : Nantes, France,

Hello niftinfiftin

Went to a wedding in Nelson earlier this year, lovely city, loved the pub called honest lawyer, stayed opposite , had a great time, took some pictures of the nice palms in the park on the hill

I will look to see if any are left, mostly all gone as of yesterday. will let you know on Monday as leaving for Sydney now

regards

Colin

Any Left?

Thanks,

Glad to know you had a great time!

Was it summer when you visited?

Regards,

Nathan

Nelson, NEW ZEALAND

Sheltered micro-climate

Min -2C, Max 34C

Latitude 41 Degrees South

Warm temperate climate, with over 2500 hours of sunshine per year.