IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Well I may as well post something

Zac in NC

Well, thanks to RLR for the new forum. I am just a week away from a trip out west and into Mexico as well. I am not sure which Mexican states I'll be going to but Sonora is a possibility. So maybe I'll get to See Sabal uresana in the wild.

Zac

Zac  

Living to get back to Mexico

International Palm Society member since 2007

http://community.webshots.com/user/zacspics - My Webshots Gallery

Yes cheers Bob.  Been away for for several days and didn't  quite realise what was happening.  Re-registering was totally hassle-free and the look is fresh.

Coastal South Devon,  England

Zac - have a nice trip. Bring back plenty of palm seed!

Tom
Mid-Pinellas (St. Petersburg) Florida, USA

Member of Palm Society 1973-2012
Gizella Kopsick Palm Arboretum development 1977-1991
Chapter President 1983-84
Palm Society Director 1984-88

Zac, if you like Tamaulipas and other northeastern parts of Mexico you'll simply expire in adulation when you see northern Sonora!  It's incredibly "romantic" and the best part of the county other than southern Veracruz and the Isthmus.  'Course Puerto Vallarta ain't bad ...

These, you understand, are my opinions and not necessarily those of Brother Triangle Palmera ....

--bob

• Upvote 1

If some Ceratozamia kuesteriana seeds should happen to find there way into a package that somehow ends up at my door via the Mexican postal service and is totally untraceable back to you, that would be great.

To be honest, I don't even know where their native population is, but if you do see any, some pictures would be nice.

Enjoy your trip.

]

Corey Lucas-Divers

Dorset, UK

Ave Jul High 72F/22C (91F/33C Max)

Ave Jul Low 52F/11C (45F/7C Min)

Ave Jan High 46F/8C (59F/15C Max)

Ave Jan Low 34F/1C (21F/-6C Min)

Ave Rain 736mm pa

Corey Send me your address via pm and I will send some seeds your way via Mexican Postal service. If we make it to Sonora, there should be Sabal uresana seed to be had. I'll look out for Ceratozamia too.

Bob- I am just happy to be getting away from NC for a while, to be perfectly honest. I have told someone that you are only young once, and I am travelling, dangit. My mother, however, thinks this trip is a bad idea, but I don't  listen. It is "too Expensive" or some crap like that. I am an adult, and can make my own decisions, thank you very much.

Zac

Zac  

Hello world!  :)

This forum looks GREAT RLR, thanks!

Well worth the wait.

Zac, could you post the link to the small quantity seed permit again? Thanks!

Frank

Zone 9b pine flatlands

humid/hot summers; dry/cool winters

with yearly freezes

Small lots of seed Theer you go Frank. I believe that has all the necessary information. I just clicked on the Application, typed in all the address and other pertinent info, printed it out, put my John Hancock on it, and mailed it. It was very quick and absolutely painless.

Zac

Zac  

--- Testing a new font color ---

Thanks Zac for the link

Frank

Zone 9b pine flatlands

with yearly freezes

Testing... it didn't work...

Frank

Zone 9b pine flatlands

with yearly freezes

Nope Frank- It is still the same color.

I leave in less than 24 hours now. I can't wait....Now to get packed and stay away rom the board.....hahaha. Its really  an excersize in futility.

Zac

Zac  

• 7 years later...

I think I'll just bump what appears to be the first post after the big crash, and the first post of today's version of PalmTalk.

Top that Moose.

B)

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

• 2 years later...

Bumping again.  Moose?

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages