IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

"Plant A Palm" bumper stickers

www.dadluvsu.com

I saw a bumper sticker on a white car that was white with green lettering that said "PLANT A PALM" :)

It was cool and helped to promote palm love.

This is the only photo on the web I could find of the sticker.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/soulspin/486099891/

Were these distributed by a local palm society? How do I get my hands on one? Anyone in the forum have one?

Those bumper stickers were distributed years ago and there may be a few left in someone's shoe box under the bed someplace. The South Florida chapter, the then Broward Chapter, and the Palm Beach chapter all had them for distribution.

I belive there was yet another that said "Palm People Make Good Fronds" or something along those lines.

Rick Leitner

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

26.07N/80.15W

Zone 10B

Average Annual Low 67 F

Average Annual High 84 F

Average Annual Rainfall 62"

Riverfront exposure, 1 mile from Atlantic Ocean

Part time in the western mountains of North Carolina

Gratefully, the best of both worlds!

Thanks for the info gents...

One helpful and generous soul took it upon himself to produce me a few stickers so I too can spread the palmlove. I hate to admit it but the neon green stickers really do outclass the vehicle I chose for them... Maybe I can sneak one onto my Mom's ML without her noticing. :evil: I'll definately post a photo of that when it happens...

Thanks again stickerguy!

DSC02249.jpg

DSC02251.jpg

DSC02252.jpg

:lol::greenthumb:

island Vis, adriatic sea, Croatia. Zone 9b/10a

Temperature low last winter: -0.9°C/30.4 F

Temperature low this winter: -0.3°C/31.5 F

-Creating my own little palm heaven-

Dang, those are sweet! That sticker guy must get tons of chicks and have huge muscles and a big brain too.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

Dang, those are sweet! That sticker guy must get tons of chicks and have huge muscles and a big brain too.

I bet somebody knows somebody working in a sign shop or as a graphic designer. They are nice, but far too big for European cars. I doubt my car is wider than the Chevrolet decal on Bill's tailgate. Who is stickerguy? Come on, re-peel yourself! :lol:

I am guessing just the opposite. Probably a nerdy introvert who is afraid of his own shadow. probably owns 5 pocket protectors (one for each work day) and I bet he wears black sox with shorts and dress shoes. His mommy probably still does his laundry and makes sure he gets his Flintstone multi-vitamin each day. Then again I could be wrong.

Kent in Kansas.

Gowing palm trees in the middle of the country - Kansas.

It's hot in the summer (usually) and cold in the winter (always).

No you're right, Paul made the stickers.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

Thank God you found out it was Paul. i thought for a second it was a shot at Bill.

What with the custom stickers and all. You would think maybe Bill ran out and had them made...I mean....Did you see how the palms were like quote marks and all????????????

I DIG PALMS

Call me anytime to chat about transplanting palms.

305-345-8918

https://www.facebook...KenJohnsonPalms

Thank God you found out it was Paul. i thought for a second it was a shot at Bill.

What with the custom stickers and all. You would think maybe Bill ran out and had them made...I mean....Did you see how the palms were like quote marks and all????????????

Hey Ken. Which Bill are you pickin' on? The California one, the Florida one or the Australian one? :)

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Bill:

Try http://www.plantapalm.com/ It is the web site of the Palm and Cycad Societies of Florida (Inc., although they can't seem to pay the annual corporate fee).

Jody Haynes is the Web Master and current President of The Cycad Society.

Email webmaster@plantapalm.com or Jody@plantapalm.com

p.s. Don't believe anything Ken Johnson says. :winkie:

Larry Davis

Time flies like an arrow,

But fruit flies like a banana

• 5 weeks later...

William, you better do this

post-1237-1217599769_thumb.jpg

island Vis, adriatic sea, Croatia. Zone 9b/10a

Temperature low last winter: -0.9°C/30.4 F

Temperature low this winter: -0.3°C/31.5 F

-Creating my own little palm heaven-

SWEET!!! Next time I actually title a car in my name, I know what the tag is going to say!

I sure did think about this thread just a day or two ago... saw a green van with one of the stickers on it in Lantana driving northbound on US-1... Couldn't make out who was in it and wasn't quick enough to grab a camera... Was the mystery green van someone on Palmtalk?

Can't u order a personalized Florida dealer tags????? Florida will print anything for a profit!

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish