IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Arenal Volcano

RainForestt Robert

While at the Arenal Volcano, Dean - El Moderator - and I discussed the possibility of taking several photos and combining them to form a panoramic shot. Here is my shot(s). Still needs a little tweaking, but it is going to be one of the photos that I will be printing for display at my house.

RainForestt Robert

Trinidad!  Southernmost island in the Caribbean.

So many plants, So little space.

Where's my photo?

This is a compressed version, full size on hard drive at work.

Final.jpg

Nice photo! Makes me wish I had a bigger screen to view the original.

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Good job Robert,

I still need to try and get mine together.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

I still enjoy every recollection of that trip!! :o

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

• 2 years later...

I climbed that bad boy--first volcano I ever climbed(didn't realize that wasn't thunder until I got above the clouds). The locals said I was lucky to have made it up and back down, without getting killed. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Ah, wonderful job on the panorama, and what a fantastic place! I was at Arenal for several days seven years ago and NEVER saw the top quarter of the mountain. However, those heavy clouds make for a happy climate. Living in California, I long to go back and breathe that moist, mild air again.

Manchester, Lancashire, England

53.4ºN, 2.2ºW, 65m AMSL

Köppen climate Cfb | USDA hardiness zone 9a

Rain Forestt Robert, ¡excelente foto!

Mandrew968, you were really lucky (and a little crazy :mrlooney: )!!! We've had quite a few casualties for doing what you did! Glad you make it safe!

Rylandus, sometimes that air is overly moist... on the sticky side

Patricia

Rain Forestt Robert, ¡excelente foto!

Mandrew968, you were really lucky (and a little crazy :mrlooney: )!!! We've had quite a few casualties for doing what you did! Glad you make it safe!

Rylandus, sometimes that air is overly moist... on the sticky side

Yeah, it wasn't the smartest thing I've done, but worth it, for sure! There were more than a few times I thought about what might happen if i slipped on the loose volcanic rocks everywhere--glad I didn't and glad I got to see the beautiful Cyrtostachys renda in the center of the town of La Fortuna! Pura Vida :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What a BEAUTY! Do let us know if you are willing to sell some of your photos when complete.

Karolyn

Enjoying MY home and garden in Leilani Estates, "K.P. Lundkvist Palm Garden"

Nice panorama Robert a magical place to be sure.

It erupted when we were there and it took a high speed boat to keep us out of the ash cloud.

IMGP0702.jpg%20ips.jpg

IMGP0699.jpg%20ips.jpg%20ips.jpg

IMGP0704.jpg%20ips.jpg

Here is the giant lipstick Andrew refers too for good measure.

SANY0144.jpg%20lipstick.jpg

Zone 8b

Central UK

Average min over last 5 years -5.1 C