Sign in to follow this  
PALM MOD

CHANGES TO PIC UPLOAD CAPACITY

PALM MOD

For IPS Members, there will now be a 2000 KB per post limit for attachment uploads. This means you may display many more thumbnails in each post. You will find this more convenient if you have a lot of photos to post. In addition this will further reduce the amount of scrolling necessary for those threads that utilize thumbnails. There is no way for me to place a limit on each pic's size. As a result, you may now upload one 1900 KB photo, or nineteen 100 KB photos per post. I would encourage you to still attempt to keep photos to a reasonable size. Anything over 350-400 KB does not make the photo any better for our purposes. So any photo larger than that is an unnecessary burden on our storage.

• Upvote 1

_Keith
For IPS Members, there will now be a 2000 KB per post limit for attachment uploads. This means you may display many more thumbnails in each post. You will find this more convenient if you have a lot of photos to post. In addition this will further reduce the amount of scrolling necessary for those threads that utilize thumbnails. There is no way for me to place a limit on each pic's size. As a result, you may now upload one 1900 KB photo, or nineteen 100 KB photos per post. I would encourage you to still attempt to keep photos to a reasonable size. Anything over 350-400 KB does not make the photo any better for our purposes. So any photo larger than that is an unnecessary burden on our storage.

Thank you.

Kris

Testing...to full capacity !

love,

Kris :)

post-108-1214113395_thumb.jpg

post-108-1214114032_thumb.jpg

post-108-1214114060_thumb.jpg

Jim in Los Altos

april2008.jpg

Test...back yard with L. australis

PALM MOD

Jim,

This only applies to uploaded photos, not hosted ones.

Neofolis

Thanks Dean, I've no doubt I will take advantage of that at some point.

mike in kurtistown

What is meant by the term "hosted ones"? How are they posted in a reply?

PALM MOD

Mike,

You can upload a photo here directly, and it appears as a thumbnail that can be clicked on and expanded. Or you can upload it to a hosting site and insert the URL, in which case it appears as a full sized pic.

Kris

Dear Mike :)

here are the sample of stills uploaded into photobucket.com account and from their the img codes are pasted into the post that we write here in this forum...

Advantage in this method is the stills upto 1028 x768 resolution,we can have through this method...even photo resizing option,correction,alteration can be done in that site..but 2 draw back in this lovely method is that if that host site closes due to some reasons,all the progressive stills threads will have nothing but blank boxes saying our stills have been moved...

2nd problem is that if you want all members to enjoy your posts,who are still viewing this site using dial-up moderm kind of internet connection or viewing the posts throught their hi-end mobile phones or lap tops using wi-fi..the pages that have been uploaded using host images will load slowly or not at all..

And you can see that i have uploaded 4 stills in its full resolution...no image resizing done.. :hmm: courtesy host site !

Shall we have some visuals :hmm: ...ofcourse palm related ones ? :rolleyes:

IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2174.jpg

19273604.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

Love,

Kris :)

sur4z

hi- In post #8 it is said that a photo can be uploaded directly to the site. How do you do this? I only know how to do it via photobucket.

Edited by sur4z

PALM MOD

At the bottom of the "reply page" (not 'Quick Reply'), there are options for how to manage any attachments. Just upload your photo as an attachment. Please note the size limitations. Depending on the settings you have chosen, some pics from newer cameras may be too large.

There is more info in the Forum FAQs HERE

sur4z

Thanks...got it!

realarch

Thanks Dean, this will make uploading much less cumbersome.

Tim

Matt N- Dallas

photo test

post-263-1214450366_thumb.jpg

pindo

testing....

post-1464-1214878757_thumb.jpg

post-1464-1214878824_thumb.jpg

in two words... fan tastic !!!

many tanks

Jose

edbrown_III

How do I get more upload capacity,

I am an IPS member but cant post above 250kb's

Much obliged if you would help

Best regards,

Ed Brown

PALM MOD
How do I get more upload capacity,

I am an IPS member but cant post above 250kb's

Much obliged if you would help

Best regards,

Ed Brown

Ed,

You have never asked to be designated as an IPS member. I have changed your designation, so you should be good to go now.

edbrown_III

Dean

Much obliged

Ed

Tala

yeah what Ed said. I have a decent camera now (thanks Santa) so would like to post photos. Been in IPS since 1990 something.

Thanks in advance,

D

jonimic

Dear Palm mod,

Can you also please upload my account to 2000 kb. I'm a member of the IPS (Jean-Michel Gué, "jonimic", Bordeaux, France).

Thanks for that

Don

I'd also like to be designated as an IPS member I joined today , my name is Don and my member # is3229 thanks for your help and the great sight!

BS Man about Palms

What is the photo size limit for non-IPS members? Is it 250kb? I thought it was 300kb

Bill

• Upvote 1

PALM MOD

I haven't found any settings to make different upload limits for different "groups" yet. It should be there. But there is only 10,000 different settings now, and it is in a different format as well. And for all I know, it has was carried over. So in other words, "I don't know." But if I find the settings, it will be set to 500KB.

BS Man about Palms

Thanx for nothin the info. :)