IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

CHANGES TO PIC UPLOAD CAPACITY

PALM MOD

For IPS Members, there will now be a 2000 KB per post limit for attachment uploads. This means you may display many more thumbnails in each post. You will find this more convenient if you have a lot of photos to post. In addition this will further reduce the amount of scrolling necessary for those threads that utilize thumbnails. There is no way for me to place a limit on each pic's size. As a result, you may now upload one 1900 KB photo, or nineteen 100 KB photos per post. I would encourage you to still attempt to keep photos to a reasonable size. Anything over 350-400 KB does not make the photo any better for our purposes. So any photo larger than that is an unnecessary burden on our storage.

• Upvote 1

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

For IPS Members, there will now be a 2000 KB per post limit for attachment uploads. This means you may display many more thumbnails in each post. You will find this more convenient if you have a lot of photos to post. In addition this will further reduce the amount of scrolling necessary for those threads that utilize thumbnails. There is no way for me to place a limit on each pic's size. As a result, you may now upload one 1900 KB photo, or nineteen 100 KB photos per post. I would encourage you to still attempt to keep photos to a reasonable size. Anything over 350-400 KB does not make the photo any better for our purposes. So any photo larger than that is an unnecessary burden on our storage.

Thank you.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

april2008.jpg

Test...back yard with L. australis

Jim in Los Altos, CA  SF Bay Area 37.34N- 122.13W- 190' above sea level

zone 10a/9b

sunset zone 16

300+ palms, 90+ species in the ground

Las Palmas Design

Facebook Page

Las Palmas Design & Associates

Elegant Homes and Gardens

Jim,

This only applies to uploaded photos, not hosted ones.

Thanks Dean, I've no doubt I will take advantage of that at some point.

]

Corey Lucas-Divers

Dorset, UK

Ave Jul High 72F/22C (91F/33C Max)

Ave Jul Low 52F/11C (45F/7C Min)

Ave Jan High 46F/8C (59F/15C Max)

Ave Jan Low 34F/1C (21F/-6C Min)

Ave Rain 736mm pa

What is meant by the term "hosted ones"? How are they posted in a reply?

Mike Merritt

Big Island of Hawaii, windward, rainy side, 740 feet (225 meters) elevation

165 inches (4,200 mm) of rain per year, 66 to 83 deg F (20 to 28 deg C) in summer, 62 to 80 deg F (16.7 to 26.7 Deg C) in winter.

Mike,

You can upload a photo here directly, and it appears as a thumbnail that can be clicked on and expanded. Or you can upload it to a hosting site and insert the URL, in which case it appears as a full sized pic.

Dear Mike :)

here are the sample of stills uploaded into photobucket.com account and from their the img codes are pasted into the post that we write here in this forum...

Advantage in this method is the stills upto 1028 x768 resolution,we can have through this method...even photo resizing option,correction,alteration can be done in that site..but 2 draw back in this lovely method is that if that host site closes due to some reasons,all the progressive stills threads will have nothing but blank boxes saying our stills have been moved...

2nd problem is that if you want all members to enjoy your posts,who are still viewing this site using dial-up moderm kind of internet connection or viewing the posts throught their hi-end mobile phones or lap tops using wi-fi..the pages that have been uploaded using host images will load slowly or not at all..

And you can see that i have uploaded 4 stills in its full resolution...no image resizing done.. :hmm: courtesy host site !

Shall we have some visuals :hmm: ...ofcourse palm related ones ? :rolleyes:

IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2174.jpg

19273604.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

Love,

Kris :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

hi- In post #8 it is said that a photo can be uploaded directly to the site. How do you do this? I only know how to do it via photobucket.

Edited by sur4z

The weight of lies will bring you down / And follow you to every town / Cause nothin happens here

That doesn't happen there / So when you run make sure you run / To something and not away from

Cause lies don't need an aero plane / To chase you anywhere

--Avett Bros

At the bottom of the "reply page" (not 'Quick Reply'), there are options for how to manage any attachments. Just upload your photo as an attachment. Please note the size limitations. Depending on the settings you have chosen, some pics from newer cameras may be too large.

There is more info in the Forum FAQs HERE

Thanks...got it!

The weight of lies will bring you down / And follow you to every town / Cause nothin happens here

That doesn't happen there / So when you run make sure you run / To something and not away from

Cause lies don't need an aero plane / To chase you anywhere

--Avett Bros

Thanks Dean, this will make uploading much less cumbersome.

Tim

Tim

Hilo, Hawaii

testing....

post-1464-1214878757_thumb.jpg

post-1464-1214878824_thumb.jpg

in two words... fan tastic !!!

many tanks

Jose

Visit my site

www.palmasenresistencia.blogspot.com

And comment me

• 5 months later...

How do I get more upload capacity,

I am an IPS member but cant post above 250kb's

Much obliged if you would help

Best regards,

Ed Brown

How do I get more upload capacity,

I am an IPS member but cant post above 250kb's

Much obliged if you would help

Best regards,

Ed Brown

Ed,

You have never asked to be designated as an IPS member. I have changed your designation, so you should be good to go now.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah what Ed said. I have a decent camera now (thanks Santa) so would like to post photos. Been in IPS since 1990 something.

Thanks in advance,

D

- dave

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Palm mod,

Can you also please upload my account to 2000 kb. I'm a member of the IPS (Jean-Michel Gué, "jonimic", Bordeaux, France).

Thanks for that

Jonimic

Bordeaux, France

Min. temps : -12°C (observed in the garden in 2007)

Max. temps : +42°C (observed in the summer of 2003)

• 3 months later...

I'd also like to be designated as an IPS member I joined today , my name is Don and my member # is3229 thanks for your help and the great sight!

• 1 year later...

What is the photo size limit for non-IPS members? Is it 250kb? I thought it was 300kb

Bill

• Upvote 1

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

I haven't found any settings to make different upload limits for different "groups" yet. It should be there. But there is only 10,000 different settings now, and it is in a different format as well. And for all I know, it has was carried over. So in other words, "I don't know." But if I find the settings, it will be set to 500KB.

Thanx for nothin the info. :)

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!