IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Pauleen Sullivan's Kapoho HI property for sale

bgl

As many of you may already know, Pauleen Sullivan's 11 acre property in Kapoho, HI, is on the market. Joy Dillon, Pauleen's real estate agent called me a little while ago, and agreed to have the information posted here.

Here's some basic information:

The property covers 11 acres (2 lots) and features over 3,000 palms (many mature and fruiting specimens) of over 400 species. Four of the 11 acres are cleared but remain unplanted (second house potential). The fenced property also includes two greenhouses, two barns, thousands of seeds and everything needed for a lucrative Cyrtostachys renda nursery, including over 900 C. renda in the ground, and very likely the most seeding C. renda palms in the country.

Located among five acre farm lots in the rural community of Kapoho on Hawaii's eastern side. The weather is prized for its lower rainfall (90 inches/yr average), and warmer temperatures. The 1,100 sq ft, 2 bedroom, 1 bath home is of a semi-rustic Hawaiian style design, with a wide, covered lanai that wraps around the house.

$1,200,000.

Joy Dillon RA

Pahoa Properties, LLC

808-640-2544 Cell

808-965-7470 Home

808-965-6281 Office

1-866-298-8639 Fax

joy@joydillon.com

For a virtual tour, go to www.joydillon.com

Photo gallery at http://picasaweb.google.com/KapohoPalmGall...pohoPalmGallery

Here's a photo from the property. Anyone who's seriously interested should obviously contact Joy directly. If there are any particular palm questions, I may be able to answer those. I think it's probably a given that this is, in all likelihood, the most number of unusual and large palms that can be acquired, ANYWHERE in the world, in just one transaction! :)

post-22-1213931164_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

I'll take it! Now all I gotta do is rob a bank! :lol:

Dave Hughson

Carlsbad, Ca

1 mile from ocean

Zone 10b

Palm freaks are good peeps!!!!!

Ah, to dream, but to dream......

Rusty Bell

Pine Island - the Ex-Pat part of Lee County, Fl , USA

Zone 10b, life in the subs!...except when it isn't....

I'll take it! Looks like enough land to have my horses as well! And I could ride them to the beach. Wow, what a property! And not a bad price.

Palmmermaid

Kitty Philips

West Palm Beach, FL

Just found out thru the other thread in Discussing Palm Trees that something was wrong with Joy's e-mail address. Checked an e-mail I received from her yesterday, and it shows:

joydillon01@yahoo.com

so use this one instead!

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Actually a very reasonable price.......very reasonable. 1/4 acre lots (not on, but near) the beach here sell for around 100 thousand..........eleven acres! Wow, that's big money around here. Somebody needs to jump on this.

• Upvote 1

David Simms zone 9a on Highway 30a

200 steps from the Gulf in NW Florida

30 ft. elevation and sandy soil