IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

List of active users

Walter John

Who is user Google.com ?

Always appearing in the active user list.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Who is user Google.com ?

Always appearing in the active user list.

Hi Wal

Its seems anything we say or do on palmtalk ends up being found by using google search

Not something i enjoy

regards

Colin

coastal north facing location

100klm south of Sydney

NSW

Australia

I'm guessing it is a google bot...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googlebot

By default, invision board software can detect whenever a web crawler walks into forums - At least the most popular ones like the google, msn and yahoo bots seem to appear in the user list.

40270.gif

Greetings from Amman/Jordan

Simona

Do you ever wonder who all the 'guest' lurkers are??? :unsure:

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Yes, it is a web crawler or spider or 'bot.'

That is how the search engines get their info in order to obtain the necessary info to answer search inquiries. For example, Google takes a "snap shot" of everything that is on every page of PalmTalk. And it is something that we want to have happen. If you are not important enough, then they don't come. When someone puts in a search for "Dypsis" then we will show up on the search because we have a lot of references as such.

Put "wal palm oz -mart" in Google and check out search results 3 and 4. (the minus sign gets rid of any references to Wal Mart)

You're on Google Wal, so watch what you say, it's there forever. :mrlooney:

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

Kim,

I have met quite a few people who say they look in, but never wish to post. I wish there was a way to lure them in. Maybe a contest for new registrants during a certain month. Any ideas???

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

They are faceless people who are around us all of the time. People just never notice them. They surround us at all times. They stare in peoples windows at night. They stand around our beds and watch us sleep. They look out at us from inside our computer screens. They listen to us on the phone. They ride in our cars. They watch what we buy. We think we are alone, but we are never alone. They are always watching,,,,and waiting,,,,,and watching,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :mrlooney:

Keith

Oh, and they take really good notes too.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

Kim,

I have met quite a few people who say they look in, but never wish to post. I wish there was a way to lure them in. Maybe a contest for new registrants during a certain month. Any ideas???

I recall putting out a challenge to guest lurkers to be brave, stand up and be a man or woman or both and join up. And from that challenge I lured in Kris who has become the top poster of all time so I'm not doing that again... :lol:

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Kim,

I recall putting out a challenge to guest lurkers to be brave, stand up and be a man or woman or both and join up. And from that challenge I lured in Kris who has become the top poster of all time so I'm not doing that again... :lol:

Sometimes the real sneaky lurkers DO post!

Kim,

:lol: Good job Wal! Sorry, Palm Mod, no clever ideas for how to lure them in. I am not a behavioral psychologist... It just amazes me sometimes how huge the guest numbers are.

During the work day no matter how many times I log in, I get bounced out, so I'm an unwilling guest then. Maybe they are trying to break my bad habits. :blush:

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Sometimes the real sneaky lurkers DO post!

I met one recently who claims to post on rare occasions, but they won't tell me who they are..... I'm skeptical that they exist.

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Dear Wal :)

you are right once again,it is you who encouraged ghots like me to become part of a lovely family...with members with good-will & gesture had made my life more meaning full & happy than ever before..its evident by the P.M's that i get too often.... :lol: And iam happy to tell that i have collected most of the palms in my wish-list or dream palms,only after joining this forum as a formal member...! :)

Thank you wal & friends that only your encouragement & interaction that has resulted in that ooping figures of 7000 mark posts...with all the shoulder pain,neck pain,numbness of my foot & watery eyes that iam presently undergoing...but the addiction to visit and interact with you all has never subsided at all... :winkie:

Lots of love to you all,

Kris :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

I wish there was a way to lure them in. Maybe a contest for new registrants during a certain month. Any ideas???

We used to offer free seeds [not many but still] for the new registrations. The real problem we encountered afterwards was that a lot of teenagers registered.

If you want to catch some 'big fish' it's always working by offering them a place where they can advertise [like palms or seeds, fertilizers, gardenig tools , books or whatever...)

40270.gif

Greetings from Amman/Jordan

Simona