IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Dave's Garden

DoomsDave

Howdyall:

I had me a garden -- da da da da!

And that garden was fine -- da da da da!

Hmm. So much for the "My garden be fine blues" . . . . .

Here is a Dypsis madagascarensis

post-208-1213567788_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Archontophoenix purpurea

post-208-1213567902_thumb.jpg

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Archontophoenix tuckeri behind, Cocothrinax dussiana in front, say whateverhellyouwant . . .

post-208-1213567963_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Trachycarpus!

Fortunei!

Swoonalisciosity . . . .

To me, anyway.

post-208-1213568089_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Tibuchina smoke-on-the-water-ensis, in other words, Deep Purple . ..

post-208-1213568206_thumb.jpg

And, the Dypsis [fakey] ambositrae chorus, oh, swoon from all the fakelisciosity . . . .

:drool:

:rolleyes:

post-208-1213568303_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Roystonea!

Regia!

Praise someone . . .

post-208-1213568424_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Trithrinax brasiliensis!

Or, acanthocoma . . . . .

post-208-1213568503_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Same palm with The Shoe for size

post-208-1213568704_thumb.jpg

you are one hip cat dave, dance on to the beat of your own drum dude, dance on!!

• Upvote 1

Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.

Abraham Lincoln

The way of the transgressor is hard

Syagrus schizophrenia

post-208-1213568766_thumb.jpg

post-208-1213568790_thumb.jpg

Looking nice, Dave.

That tuckeri and also the Trachy, both look perfect to me...and I see we share the same love for 3 ambofakeys... :)

Where's the red converse though? Do you walk barefoot in the home forest?

Sirinhaém beach, 80 Km south of Recife - Brazil

Tropical oceanic climate, latitude 8° S

Temperature extremes: 25 to 31°C

2000 mm average rainfall, dry summers

Dypsis fakey-a, oh the fakelisciosity of it all . . . .

post-208-1213568846_thumb.jpg

Dypsis!

baronii . . . .

post-208-1213568932_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Where's the red converse though? Do you walk barefoot in the home forest?

Oops, I réplied before seeing the previous pics, sorry...

Here comes our Dave again...

Sirinhaém beach, 80 Km south of Recife - Brazil

Tropical oceanic climate, latitude 8° S

Temperature extremes: 25 to 31°C

2000 mm average rainfall, dry summers

Dypsis

decipiens, double, not growing much, that !@#$%^&*()!!! ground cover from mi vechinos place gonna drive me loco.

post-208-1213569042_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Beautiful garden! How old is that Dypsis madagascarensis? How far from the coast are you?

(Where's the Death Camp I so often hear you talking about?)

Here's Palmazon near my infamous Fetish-maker ---

Archontophoenix Old-Dan-tuckeri (too late to get your supper . . .. )

post-208-1213569155_thumb.jpg

Rhopie baueri

post-208-1213569272_thumb.jpg

Caryota!

Urens!

Wow, they grow up so fast, next thing you know, they're seeding . . ..

these days . ..

post-208-1213569385_thumb.jpg

The Shoe for size-wise at base of trunk . . .

post-208-1213569453_thumb.jpg

Hi dave!

Oh my, that tuckeri is AWESOME! :drool::blink:

island Vis, adriatic sea, Croatia. Zone 9b/10a

Temperature low last winter: -0.9°C/30.4 F

Temperature low this winter: -0.3°C/31.5 F

-Creating my own little palm heaven-

Tuckeri and Baueri further proof that Aussie and New Zealand palms rock with a vengeance in SoCal.

Got some invasive groundcover there Dave. Get brutal like I had to with my wife's geraniums and sweet peas. The little pretty stuff will swallow everything else.

Zone 9b/10a, Sunset Zone 22

7 miles inland. Elevation 120ft (37m)

Average annual low temp: 30F (-1C)

Average annual rainfall: 8" (20cm)

Wow Dave, what a great garden...thanks for posting the pics!

Rusty

Rusty Bell

Pine Island - the Ex-Pat part of Lee County, Fl , USA

Zone 10b, life in the subs!...except when it isn't....

:interesting::)

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Dave looks great...

How's the Rhapis sp. you dug up doing? Did it make it?

more palms, less bombs!

That A. tuckeri is awesome!

Mike Hegger

Northwest Clairemont

San Diego, California

4 miles from coast

Dave, Great Garden.You need to try a Zombie and take them all by surprise.

What you look for is what is looking

more more more :)

great garden

Allen

Galveston Island Tx

9a/9b

8' Elevation

Sandy Soil

Jan Avgs 50/62

Jul Avgs 80/89

Average Annual Rainfall 43.5"

Here's Palmazon near my infamous Fetish-maker ---

Archontophoenix Old-Dan-tuckeri (too late to get your supper . . .. )

post-208-1213569155_thumb.jpg

Great palm

Doesn't look like he has missed too many suppers

Sol Cooper

Hobart Tasmania

42 degrees South

Mild climate - mostly frost free

Very nice Dave. I'll echo everyone else and say that tuckerii is a looker,wow.Love the fakey's too. Was that the baronii you were going to move or did you?

San Marcos CA

Dave,

You've posted some of your nicest palms,thanks. Afterall...you are one of the pillars of our family.

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

How's the Rhapis sp. you dug up doing? Did it make it?

Well, sort of.

It dried badly but it did survive. It's still in my garage, probably take it out next weekend.

I planted a Louis Hooper hybrid in its place.

Much smaller.

Very nice Dave. I'll echo everyone else and say that tuckerii is a looker,wow.Love the fakey's too. Was that the baronii you were going to move or did you?

Decided not to move the clump, so far.

Dave,

You've posted some of your nicest palms,thanks. Afterall...you are one of the pillars of our family.

Jeff

THANK YOU!

Hmm. Another item on my bucket list is to see your garden again. Maybe a few times . . . . .

Syagrus schizophylla.

Took hard hit in the big freeze, but coming back.

Though, slowly.

post-208-1213590559_thumb.jpg

Parajube torallyi torallyi . . . .

post-208-1213590649_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Another tuckeri, with Palmazon for scale.

post-208-1213590746_thumb.jpg

And now, for the palm that has the highest swoon quotient in my garden . . . .

Blare of trumpets, roll of tympani . . . . :D

This is a plain old Archontophoenix cunninghamiana, the common King Palm.

But . . .

This is the one everyone swoons over. Even the hard-boiled palmies get excited.

post-208-1213590911_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1