IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

June 2008 Weather Thread

Daryl

Heat is coming up more and more in europe, i saw that the south of spain has got his first 40C for more days...

We have here perfect weather, so around the 22-24C/71.4-75.2F every day! It's looks like we are going after this weekend too have higher tempetures like 30C/86F ... i hope it :)

Southwest

Finally, the rainy season has come. Got a good inch today. Third day of rain in a row, and not a minute too soon my pour drying-up palms.

post-1207-1214529418_thumb.jpg

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

Pondering some memories and talking High/Lows I remember driving through Yuma,Az.one time aroung 10:00 PM and a bank/temp sign said 106F.That was in July and it was hot!

What you look for is what is looking

Northern Calif has been under a shroud of smoke all week, and it's even worse today. It's probably dropped the daytime temps. about 10 degrees F. The rising and setting sun is an orange orb and you can look directly at it without hurting your eyes. There are still rageing forest fires all over N. Calif. I understand the entire central valley is full of smoke and Reno and Las Vegas in Nevada. We are surrounded by fires, and no matter which way the wind blows, there is smoke.

There is a low passing N. Calif. out over the Pacific, and there is a chance of more dry thunderstorms with lightening this weekend. The last thing we need, but maybe the glancing low will clean out some of the smoke. It's misserable and the air stinks.

Dick

Richard Douglas

Pondering some memories and talking High/Lows I remember driving through Yuma,Az.one time aroung 10:00 PM and a bank/temp sign said 106F.That was in July and it was hot!
in AZ

Yuma may be the hottest spot in AZ. Until a few days ago I though gilbert was yuma. Our 110F plus weather has abated to the 105 F range humidity is in the air. Yesterday, as I drive home, it "rained" but it never hit the ground it evaporated. It was nice to see the temp drop from 105 to 88F on my 20 minute drive home while it was "raining". Hey bubba, I remember nightime lows of 94F a few years back. Surely this year we will see some nightime lows of 90F. Fortunately, unlike Terry, we have air conditioning. But I think my training in the arizona heat could prepare me for that "hot" san diego weather sans air contitioning. Just saying the words "san diego" makes me feel a little cooler.

Formerly in Gilbert AZ, zone 9a/9b. Now in Palmetto, Florida Zone 9b/10a??

Tom Blank

Sonoran,That same trip we stayed with friends,who lived on Camelback Mtn.I remember swimming at night when the Temp was 90F. and it literally felt a little chilly!

What you look for is what is looking

It official, the rainy season has arrived. We are on our 6th day in a row, but in addition to our normal summer pattern of thunderheads building and rain in the afternoons, it is also raining in the early mornings. This is the third time this week I have been awakened at 5-6am by thunder and then rains.

And it is not a minute too soon either. My new plantings and a couple of transplants have been struggling, but in just a few days the results are already notable with new leaves opening and transplants finally showing signs of recovery. About the only thing I continue to worry about is the big A. engleri given to me by Spockvr6. It is certainly alive, but hurting, and it needs to put on some serious growth before winter arrives. Good news is we still got 3 more good HOT months aheads. Once I see some active growth, I'll hit it with some ferts to spur it on.

Guess I'll go start the July weather thread now.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

We had a good June here, with good rainfall and mild temperatures. Only 3 nights below 10C (50F). I really hope July provides more of the same, unlike last year!

Daryl

Gold Coast, Queensland Latitude 28S. Mild, Humid Subtropical climate. Rainfall - not consistent enough!

Since Keith's July thread starts tomorrow this is the last image of June I have. The rains have become less frequent and the equatorial southern hemisphere summer is starting to show it's face. Down by the port this afternoon the weather was great, hot with crisp clean air looking out toward the meeting of the waters where the Solimões and Negro rivers meet forming the Amazon River proper. You can see the muddy water of the Amazon just above the ship as a line of lighter color in the river.

dk

post-188-1214863913_thumb.jpg

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

03° 06' 07'' South 60° 01' 30'' West

Altitude 92 Meters / 308 feet above sea level

1,500 kms / 932 miles to the mouth of the Amazon River

Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil - A Cidade da Floresta

Where the world´s largest Tropical Rainforest embraces the Greatest Rivers in the World. .

82331.gif

Click here to visit Amazonas

amazonas2.jpg

Sure has gotten dry around here...

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B