IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

IPS Palm sales

redant

I have a couple of questions regarding these sales. Don't Know if anyone on the board presently can answer them.

#1) How do you become one of the vendors? Via a commercial  membership?

#2) I gather then is a % of the sale that goes to the vendor and a % to ISP, what is the rate.

#3) Are prices for palms strictly what the vendor wants to try for?

#4) When and where is the next S. Fl sale.

I have not found any info on the palm.org site to help me with these questions.

Jupiter FL

in the Zone formally known as 10A

Each society runs their own sales, and they each have their own rules in regards to vendors and sale percentages. You have to check with each one to find out what they do.

1. Most societies just have you fill out a vendor application.

2. Percentages change, they would be written on the vendor application.

3. You set your own prices.

4. Next sale in S. FL would be S.FL's sale at Fairchild in November, I believe.

Ryan

South Florida

OK

all us guys have to make a living.

Thats it.

Just had some guys in backyard planting a big Queen and I tipped them real well.

I know what hard work is.

Regards

Jon

Juan

Doug-

For most societies, you have to have a nursery certificate. Not too hard to get, just have to go through the motions.

Christian Faulkner

Venice, Florida - South Sarasota County.

www.faulknerspalms.com

Μολὼν λάβε

(cfkingfish @ Sep. 12 2006,20:08)

Doug-

For most societies, you have to have a nursery certificate. Not too hard to get, just have to go through the motions.

Yep, been there, done that, I'm a legal nursery.

Thanks

Jupiter FL

Doug,

Ditto what Ryan said in post #2.....

EXCEPT!!!!The next IPS sale in S. Fla. will be held by the Palm Beach chapter on Oct. 14 & 15 at Caloosa Park in Boynton Beach.

Mike Harris

Caribbean Palms Nursery

Loxahatchee, Florida USA

Yeah I knew there was a Palm Beach sale sometime before South Florida's. I couldn't find it on a calendar, and the post cards have not gone out yet. It would be the closest sale for you, redant. Don't forget to include your list of palms for sale with the vendor application, so they can make it into the booklet. :ghostface:

Ryan

South Florida

.My wife and I have been vendors for 16years.Things change from year to year.Who runs it has a lot to do with it. 1.It is not a IPS sale it is the South Florida Palm Society's annual fall sale,held the first weekend in Nov. To be a vendor you must be a member of the IPS, amember of the SFPS chapter of the IPS.The cost is 10% to FTG,10% to SFPS and 2% for the tag you must use on your palms if you are a vendor.Your first step is go to the SFPS web page FloridaPalms.org and find out whos running to show this year.Bill Olsonis doing it.They will send you big packet of rules. alist of palm so you can check off the palms you are bringing so you palm can be listed in the book we pass out so buyers can find what the are looking for,,,ect. Ken Johnson my have more info.

Christian Faulkner

www.faulknerspalms.com

Μολὼν λάβε

Thanks for all the info. The Caloosa Park event is the one I was hoping for as Ryan pointed out, closest to me.

All I will have to sell is Container grown Cuban Royals. They are taking over my life, time to move some out.  Basically this is a hobby and I'm sure all proceeds I make will go directly into me buying other peoples palms.

The SFPS site is um' being polite, not very helpful regarding information. It list's Ken as the Pres so I guess I'll contact him regarding membership.

So Christian, you going to load up a trailer with seedlings and make it to the sale? It would be cool to see you over here with your wares.

Jupiter FL

That was not Kingfish.But John in Old Miakka.When I logged on this morning it said wecome Kingfish.Any one know what to do?John

Christian Faulkner

www.faulknerspalms.com

Μολὼν λάβε

John,

Did Christian log onto your machine recently?

Ray

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B

(cfkingfish @ Sep. 13 2006,19:06)

That was not Kingfish.But John in Old Miakka.When I logged on this morning it said wecome Kingfish.Any one know what to do?John

Log off the board then log back on as yourself.

Jupiter FL

• 2 weeks later...

While it's probably getting to late to be part of the October sale, still looking for info on how to sell there.

No reply from Ken's email address. Don't know who else to contact.

Jupiter FL

I must have never logged out on John's machine and hence the posts of John on my account. I have no wife and if I had been selling for 16 years, that would have made me 8 years old at my first sale.

I am registering for the PBPACS sale, and possibly the SFPS sale at Fairchild. Ken is not the president anymore, I think it might be Steve Stern.

Christian Faulkner

www.faulknerspalms.com

Μολὼν λάβε

Me mates on the SFPS Board are a little remiss when it comes to keeping up the web site info, sorry 'bout that.

My email is KenJohnsonPalms@earthlink.net I can foward you to Bill Olson, the current Pres. and Sale Chair.

Selling is fun, meet lots of buyers, shot the breeze, make money, get elected to the board...well most of it is fun.

If you want to skip all that you can find a broker that will take all your palms in one shot, load them and all!

I DIG PALMS

Call me anytime to chat about transplanting palms.

305-345-8918

https://www.facebook...KenJohnsonPalms