IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Cool in the West

bubba

Down here in the fringe Tropics,we are entering that predictable cycle of humidity,sunny and hot till around the afternoon.Building Cumulous from the West brings the Big Boomers and the only question is do they make it to the Ocean.This will be the pattern till early December.We will get our Excitement from Late August through October watching those wisps of clouds that blow off the Sahara and conjecturing where they go and do we take the lick.It makes you pine for that great time between December and March,when we can hope for cool breezes.All in all Summer is not a bad time at all,even though you got to be ready to sweat.Ocean luckily gives us a breeze making much more bearable than the Interior.

The West is much the same absent the Humidity that seems to come straight out of the ground here in the morning.Did notice that it has been a little Cool out there.I see Los Angeles at 61/53,Palm Springs at 70/57 and Phoenix at 72/51.I know that is not normal but it is something to enjoy.I note Florida's High temperature today was 96F in Okeechobee and I guarantee that was not dry heat.Probably felt like 120F in Death Valley.

What you look for is what is looking

Bubba

Unusually cool spring storm going thru the area the last few days. Strange we go from 4 straight days of 100 plus degree heat to 3 days that didn't make it to the 70's, so much for predictability. The rain is always welcome so we can save on the water but I'm ready to throw the cool weather we had this winter away for the heat of summer and growth on my palms.

If you can send some of the humididty our way also I know my palms will really love it.

Don_L    Rancho CUCAMONGA (yes it does exist) 40 min due east of Los Angeles

USDA Zone 10a

July Averages: Hi 95F, Low 62F

Jan Averages: Hi 68F, Low 45F

Don, I would love to send you our humidity.Straight heat is not nearly as bad as the morning humidity that seems to come straight from the ground. It makes an 80 degree morning feel more like 90.Afternoons are not nearly as bad before the Thunderstorms hit.I say you should enjoy your cool breeze and rain because your heat will return way too quick.

What you look for is what is looking

Bubba,

When I lived in South Florida I always enjoyed the summers. Maybe I just like to sweat. So, I moved here where it is summer 12 months a year. One difference to S Fla is that our dry season is the hotter season. But, dry it is still more like Sourth Florida in August than in March. Maybe it has something to with growing up an a very dry place that I like humid places. Especially humid hot ones.

dk

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

03° 06' 07'' South 60° 01' 30'' West

Altitude 92 Meters / 308 feet above sea level

1,500 kms / 932 miles to the mouth of the Amazon River

Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil - A Cidade da Floresta

Where the world´s largest Tropical Rainforest embraces the Greatest Rivers in the World. .

82331.gif

Click here to visit Amazonas

amazonas2.jpg

You would like it here in Darwin, Don.... In the build up it is HOT and HUMID!!!!! A bit too much for even someone who grew up in the tropics. But then, it was equatorial tropics, I am used to...

Regards, Ari :)

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

Ari,

I suppose that Indonesia and Manaus have more in common than Darwin. I am getting a bit tired of so much rain though. And, the streets have now developed car swallowing craters in many places due to poor maintanence and the rain. Things are so bad that it might cost the mayor his bid for re-election this year.

dk

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

03° 06' 07'' South 60° 01' 30'' West

Altitude 92 Meters / 308 feet above sea level

1,500 kms / 932 miles to the mouth of the Amazon River

Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil - A Cidade da Floresta

Where the world´s largest Tropical Rainforest embraces the Greatest Rivers in the World. .

82331.gif

Click here to visit Amazonas

amazonas2.jpg