IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Embarrassing (or fun) Moments

Dypsisdean

What a bunch of great pictures so far. I just got back from Peru yesterday and really have not had time to go over all these topics and pictures very much. All I know, is it was a fantastic biennial and really well organized! When I get time, I'll start a topic on Corcovado National Park and then the Post Tour of Peru. Great to see everyone!!

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

I like how you completely glossed right over my post Jeff... I guess we're not going to get to know the inside story!! :mrlooney:

BTW Jeff is the one in the picture, along with his wife Andrea. (Thanks Andrea for making bus #4 even more fun!)

********Angela**********

Kailua_Kona.gif

Kailua_Kona.gif

Check out Palmpedia

I like how you completely glossed right over my post Jeff... I guess we're not going to get to know the inside story!! :mrlooney:

BTW Jeff is the one in the picture, along with his wife Andrea. (Thanks Andrea for making bus #4 even more fun!)

Jeff - just registered on palm talk. You should know who this is. Wish I had added Peru to the Trip. Can't wait to see your pics.

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

Jeff - just registered on Palm Talk. You can proably guess who this is. Wish I had added Peru to the trip. Can't wait to see your pic's.

Angela,

Hmmm, not sure :winkie: , but I'm sure I was being bad. But then again, you were very sneaky with the camera, I had to learn real fast when you were in the group on keeping an eye out for you. Between Ryan and you, none of us have a chance anymore.......

Jeff

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Jeff - just registered on Palm Talk. You can proably guess who this is. Wish I had added Peru to the trip. Can't wait to see your pic's.

Moose Knuckle,

Glad to see you come on finally. Our friend was down in Peru. :lol: Glad you had a great time, your becoming an old pro at these biennials. I want to see your pics. I'm sure you captured some shots of the bush that most of us missed. Send them over when you get a chance.

Jeff

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Moose Knuckle,

Glad to see you come on finally. Our friend was down in Peru. :lol: Glad you had a great time, your becoming an old pro at these biennials. I want to see your pics. I'm sure you captured some shots of the bush that most of us missed. Send them over when you get a chance.

Jeff

Sorry Jeff, the bush was defoliated. Nobody missed anything great.

Moose Knuckle

See how busy I was being mesmerised? ! :indifferent:

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Since Bill mentioned in another post that he was wondering about Pheonicophorium borsigianum and painting the picture on the back of his eyelids, here's a picture of him in action:

Kathryn!! You are pretty sharp with that camera!! :lol:

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Was that the lecture at INbioparque where Bill is sleeping? Hmm, I think I missed that one :innocent:

Bren in South St. Pete Florida

Was that the lecture at INbioparque where Bill is sleeping? Hmm, I think I missed that one :innocent:

I YAM NOT SLEEPIN'. I am "stealth recreating". :winkie: Actually, my eyes were working a little like this yellow headed guy you see here!

Bill

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

• 3 weeks later...

MY shot of the Happy Couple (many versions seen)

costarica047.jpg

Dear Bill :)

lovely still and a beautiful palm...what is the variety of the palm seen in the above still..looks terrefic !

And thanks for uploading that still in hi res mode.. :)

thanks & love,

Kris :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

lovely still and a beautiful palm...what is the variety of the palm seen in the above still..looks terrefic !

thanks & love,

That would be a Raphia Kris. Yeh I think I caught it in one or two of the other Costa Rica, Return of Costa Rica, Battle of Costa Rica, Costa Rica strikes back and Harry Potter and the Costa Ricans threadsss. :lol:

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

I must thank Andrea for having such lovely strong shoulders as she supported me when I was beginning to flake out on that mountain slope - "Shucks Honey Im a farmers wife!" or words to that effect were what I think she said.

Am I mistaken or am I doing my stoopid stunt in one of those pics?

PLEASE dont try that at home.

Pablo amigo I have remembered my promise and I have shortlisted some really keen palmaholics.

Will let you know when I have picked one.

Many thanks.

Regardez all

Juan

(Jon Kenahan)

Juan

thanks & love,

That would be a Raphia Kris. Yeh I think I caught it in one or two of the other Costa Rica, Return of Costa Rica, Battle of Costa Rica, Costa Rica strikes back and Harry Potter and the Costa Ricans threadsss. :lol:

I thought it was an Attalea?

Bill,

Thats correct, it was an Attalea. Damn you know your palms, and here I thought you specialized only in Phoenix and Syagrus species.

Jeff

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

:lol:

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

duh!! :blink: at least I have an embarassing moment to contribute :D:P

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Bill,

Thats correct, it was an Attalea. Damn you know your palms, and here I thought you specialized only in Phoenix and Syagrus species.

Jeff

Yuh gotta give this brutha some respect! ;)

• 2 years later...

I wonder what this was about. huh.gif

wink-1.gif Curious Jeff, from whom did you liberate the said garment in Post #41? unsure.gif

Let's just say, someone was having a problem breathing and she needed some assistance.....in breathing. So, I assisted her. :D I am pretty good at those kinds of things.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Let's just say, someone was having a problem breathing and she needed some assistance.....in breathing. So, I assisted her. biggrin.gif I am pretty good at those kinds of things.

The Queen of Bling? unsure.gif

• 4 weeks later...

i am gonna have to remember to be careful what i do in thailand in 2012 :unsure:

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

• 1 year later...

Woo Hoo!

Please notice the palm centerpiece, courtesy of Carlo Morici, I believe.

Hey! That palm is still alive, in my balcony - It survived to the jacuzzi!