IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Embarrassing (or fun) Moments

Dypsisdean

"Embarrassing" may not be right word because that implies that the person in question would be embarrassed. For our initial post, with the wild BS in motion, perhaps "proud" would be a better description.

In the middle of the large spa (Jacuzzi) was a raised platform that resembled a small stage like those in a strip joint (I was told :rolleyes: ). BS decided to give us a show. Putu Enjula was across the pool with her telephoto, but something tells me Bill wouldn't have minded a few close ups. Too bad the stills don't capture the hip motion in the first shot.

post-11-1210527134_thumb.jpg

post-11-1210527162_thumb.jpg

post-11-1210527172_thumb.jpg

animated-volcano-image-0010.gif.71ccc48bfc1ec622a0adca187eabaaa4.gif

Kona, on The Big Island
Hawaii - Land of Volcanoes

Some will go to extremes to get a good shot. Ron Gates wanted a pic of this large tree, and didn't even check for any of the several ant species that cover the rain forest floor.

post-11-1210528794_thumb.jpg

animated-volcano-image-0010.gif.71ccc48bfc1ec622a0adca187eabaaa4.gif

Kona, on The Big Island
Hawaii - Land of Volcanoes

Woo Hoo!

Please notice the palm centerpiece, courtesy of Carlo Morici, I believe.

post-1325-1210535773_thumb.jpg

Larry Davis

Time flies like an arrow,

But fruit flies like a banana

A Couple of Real Tree Huggers!

post-1325-1210538453_thumb.jpg

Larry Davis

Great photos, looks like everyone is having a fantastic time. I think a few of our IPS brothers need to pump some iron, or pull more weeds (Bill).

Gary

Rock Ridge Ranch

South Escondido

5 miles ENE Rancho Bernardo

33.06N 117W, Elevation 971 Feet

Lefty,

Perhaps there should be some forum guidelines pertaining to titilating bovine pics. But since no one had the forethought, I guess I have to let those ride. :)

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

WOW BS man let loose. I wonder how crazy that would get if he had the rest of his SOCAL posse with him :P

I am awaiting the snarky comments on this picture--- this should be good :mrlooney:

Gene

Manila, Philippines

53 feet above sea level - inland

Hot and dry in summer, humid and sticky monsoon season, perfect weather Christmas time

http://freakofnaturezzz.blogspot.com/

Great photos, looks like everyone is having a fantastic time. I think a few of our IPS brothers need to pump some iron, or pull more weeds (Bill).

Gary

Hey, at least I don't have any Man Boobs. (yet) :huh:

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Classic shots guys!!! Ha haaaaaaa!!!

Dave Hughson

Carlsbad, Ca

1 mile from ocean

Zone 10b

Palm freaks are good peeps!!!!!

That's what happens when you let the BS Man loose in the tropics!!!! And he dosen't even drink! Unless someone spiked his Dr. Pepper.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

WOW BS man let loose. I wonder how crazy that would get if he had the rest of his SOCAL posse with him :P

I am awaiting the snarky comments on this picture--- this should be good :mrlooney:

They're just a little pasty and sagging. :mrlooney:

Dean - That's what you get by setting the bar for this thread with initial pics of BS Man "entertaining". :mrlooney:

Bill - I hope there were ladies in that audience that you were entertaining... :hmm:

Edited by joe_OC

Huntington Beach, CA

USDA Zone 10a/10b

Sunset Zone 24

In Bill's case I think El Blanco going to have give up his nickname, god your white.

San Marcos CA

He's almost transparent.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Woo Hoo!

Whoa,

This is way too many drinking people in a small pool at one time. Chlorine can only work so fast you know,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

post-1207-1210641283_thumb.jpg

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

Woo Hoo!

Whoa,

This is way too many people drinking people in a small pool at one time. Chlorine can only work so fast you know,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

You are right Keith, where is the no _ee in the _ool sign :huh:

Matt in Temecula, CA

Hot and dry in the summer, cold with light frost in the winter. Halfway between the desert and ocean

This is how we REALLY looked when they let us loose in the rain forest!!

post-27-1210644790_thumb.jpg

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

LEFTY!!!

Its good to see you have joined us and took some time off from your bus driving activities! :bemused:

post-27-1210645069_thumb.jpg

It was a good thing we had Larry there to help change the tire!

I'm just sitting here in front of my computer laughing hard. Larrys great! (Lefty)

It was a good thing we had Larry there to help change the tire!

Geez! Talk about white legs! This is embarrassing! :(

I gotta get out more often.

Larry Davis

Guest Keith in Zone 9

Whew! For a minute I was concerned that my man-boobs were showing in that hot tub photo. Luckily they are hidden from view. :unsure: This is a family friendly forum after all!

It takes quite a bit of energy to both enjoy the Biennial and moderate the Forum via laptop. Dean managed to sleep through the tire blowout and the other noise we were making on Bus #4. :rolleyes:

2008-05-07_16-25-37.jpg

Keith in Zone 9 Posted Today, 01:10 PM

Did anyone mention Bus 4's flat tire occurred in front of a BAR! violin.gif

Yes, it was very ironic, like it came right out of a movie. The bar employees had a surprised, yet wry smile on their faces.

Ryan

South Florida

Ryan,

Great shot! :lol:

Bo-Göran

And about the tire blow-out - well, that's not exactly the whole truth. The tire blew out in the middle of nowhere and then we drove for another 6-7 miles until we arrived at that little village and the bar and THEN we stopped right there. What a coincidence...! :mrlooney:

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Just in case no one got any video of the zip line activity from post #21 I'll post this movie of my wife doing it. She was in Costa Rica earlier this year. I've been sending her some pics from the biennial and she recognizes some of the places like the hanging bridges, the volcano, etc....

th_pic320.jpg

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

It takes quite a bit of energy to both enjoy the Biennial and moderate the Forum via laptop. Dean managed to sleep through the tire blowout and the other noise we were making on Bus #4. :rolleyes:

Ryan

Ryan,

It appears as if I may have been a little easier to get in focus than some of the action shots. :winkie:

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

The tire blew out in the middle of nowhere and then we drove for another 6-7 miles until we arrived at that little village and the bar and THEN we stopped right there.

Don Juan knew how to keep Bus 4 happy!

Yes he did and was very good at it!!!

The tire blew out in the middle of nowhere and then we drove for another 6-7 miles until we arrived at that little village and the bar and THEN we stopped right there.

Don Juan knew how to keep Bus 4 happy!

Judy #1 !! Is that you?? If so, see you soon!

BS Man

For Paul and Matty..... :innocent:

post-27-1210987456_thumb.jpg