Sign in to follow this  
Kris

Tour Of The LalBagh Gardens !

Kris

Now lets move to the rose growing section of this garden !

IMG_2296.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

IMG_2299.jpg

IMG_2300.jpg

Mark_NoVA

Thanks for all those great photos!

Love the photos that show the amazing size of the Corypha--you in front of one and the two women walking by one. And the rows of white-trunked palms, the big clustering palm, the various bamboos, the Bombax, and the little cultural bits of the statues and festival. Great job!

Mark

Kris

Dear Mark :)

thanks for the appriceiation and even my favouriate stills would be the Talipot palms...

Lots of love,

Kris :)

Kris

Dear Steve in so-cal this still goes out to you...

IMG_2312.jpg

Kris

there are many lakes inside this garden,and this one happens to be the largest of them all !

IMG_2326.jpg

And it has lots of fishes in them..

IMG_2325.jpg

Kris

Fishing in this lake is prohibited,but here is a still of a man fishing in that lake standing very next to the hoarding ! :angry:

IMG_2329.jpg

mari

Your pictures put me on tropical overload. GREAT PICTURES!!! :lol::):drool:

Kris

Dear Mari :)

first of all welcome to palmtalk.and i think this is the first interaction between us.

and thanks very much and glad you liked it..stay tuned since we are just in the middle of this tour ! :) More stills yet to come... :rolleyes:

lots of love to you,

Kris

A look at the lake & its surroundings....

IMG_2330.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2333.jpg

the fishes in the lake,i hope they are visible...

IMG_2332.jpg

Gileno Machado

Very Nice pictures Kris.

That Bombax scopulorum is surely very impressive...and also the heavy and rouded canopy trees at the small island in the last pictures...are these common species in India?

NCpalmqueen

Wow Kris, you took a lot of photos! :) What an interesting and unique garden. I loved the fat-trunked trees and the knobby ones. Of course, the palms were awesome. That silk tree was incredible, too. Looks like there are a lot of grafitti artists around. :angry: Thanks for the great field trip!!

Kris
Very Nice pictures Kris.

That Bombax scopulorum is surely very impressive...and also the heavy and rouded canopy trees at the small island in the last pictures...are these common species in India?

Dear Brother Gileno :)

i have no idea on this,since you must know all these years iam a person who thought CIPD's as a Huge well grown date palm... :blink: so less plant literate iam !

thanks for visiting & lots of love to you,

Kris
Wow Kris, you took a lot of photos! :) What an interesting and unique garden. I loved the fat-trunked trees and the knobby ones. Of course, the palms were awesome. That silk tree was incredible, too. Looks like there are a lot of grafitti artists around. :angry: Thanks for the great field trip !!

Dear NC Queen :)

thanks for visiting and glad you liked it,but i must say many stills are yet to come..And as for as the tatoos & grafiti works seen on those plants are really annoying but you must all understand,that we have more uneducated people and children spend more time working for their livelyhood...while only few have previlages in going to schools & collegues...so most don't know the value & natural tressures that our country have..but things will change soon someday ! And i have hope.

thanks & love,

Kris

Warning Board but no one seems to follow _

IMG_2340.jpg

Kailua_Krish

Banglore is such a pretty city, I wish I had had the chance to go to the gardens there as from your photos they are fantastic. I think they have the perfect climate for growing about anything:)

Edited by krishnaraoji88

Kris

Dear Krishna :)

yes,that city has fentastic climate wise but has lots of power cut & the roads & streets cannot accomdiate the present traffic,which has increased 4 times due to sprouts in software companies..!

And stay tuned,since the tour is not yet over... :winkie:

lots of love to you,

Kris

There are some many free spaces left with wild grass growing...

IMG_2352.jpg