IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Tour Of The LalBagh Gardens !

Kris

As always, a beautiful tour! Thanks, Kris!

Rusty

Rusty Bell

Pine Island - the Ex-Pat part of Lee County, Fl , USA

Zone 10b, life in the subs!...except when it isn't....

Thanks for the tour Kris, it looks like a great garden. What do they grow under the glass house? I could not tell if you posted any pictures from inside it. I don't think many of the botanical gerdens here would like people carving on the palms.

Keep the great pics from India coming. :)

Best,

Mike

Zone 5? East Lansing MI

thanks Rusty & Mike the glass house is for the compatitors to keep their plants,during the flowershow & sale period ! and nothing is actually grown in this glass house ! And the coverage is not yet over my friends... :rolleyes:

Love,

Kris :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now lets see other beautiful palnt species...here you see Kris standing next to a beautifull cycad,variety not known to me though.. :huh:

IMG_2189.jpg

Acloseup of its trunk :)

IMG_2190.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

what is the plant in the middle of that landscape,is it palm or a cycad ?

IMG_2210.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Kris nice pictures.

Seems like a very interesting place, lots of potential there.

P.S: by the way...the stairs on the big stone are just great, very original, and for sure very durable hehe.

Edited by Pacoralvarez

"Not the straight angle that attracts me, nor straight, hard, inflexible, created by man. What attracts me is the free and sensual curve, the curves that find in the mountains of my country, in the course of its winding rivers, the sea waves, the body of the woman preferred. Curves is done throughout the universe, the universe of Einstein's curved." -Oscar Niemeyer

Dear Pacoralvarez :)

thanks and very glad you liked it ! More stills to come so stay tuned my friend...

lots of love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Those 2 palm trunks seen behind me is of matured talipot palms...

IMG_2218.jpg

IMG_2219.jpg

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2223.jpg

:)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

IMG_2231.jpg

IMG_2236.jpg

this is a another gateway .i.e entrance no.2 and you can see clearly that the entire soil is red soil in this region...

IMG_2237.jpg

:)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Very nice tour Kris! I love the talipots pictures. Those palms a huge. What trees are in post #7? The two trees look awsome. BTW, tell your brother not to get too excited during the garden tour. :mrlooney:

Dear Big Frond :)

the huge tree in post 7 is not know,but all the visitiors stood beside it and took snaps of it with them standing beside it ! :) so we follow suit...

And i will convey your suggestion to my little brother... :lol:

thanks & love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

i went hurridely to this cut away portion of the trunk of a mature tree but to my surprise it was a garbage collection can... :lol:

IMG_2263.jpg

IMG_2264.jpg

IMG_2265.jpg

IMG_2266.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

IMG_2268.jpg

IMG_2269.jpg

lets see the eco friendly transport,this runs on batteries,so no smoke at all !

IMG_2267.jpg

IMG_2270.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif