IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Tour Of The LalBagh Gardens !

Kris

IMG_2367.jpg

Nice shade house but was virtually seen empty ?

IMG_2368.jpg

Steve From So-Cal this still goes out to you...

IMG_2369.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Kris, Why is LalBagh Gardens so unkempt ? Do they not have anyone maintain the gardens ? The place could be really beautiful.

Dear Scott :)

the garden that you see here is goverment maintained one and here politicians don't have time to look into the maintanence of any parks or garden.and the workers seen their are very lethagric and indifferent.since when i asked i want to meet the manager in-charge of this garden for the talipot palms seeds,they did not give me proper information at all.

And why iam covering this garden,is beacuse i want all the plants lover around the world to know what sorry state of affairs our gardens are maintained and you can see how low & down we are in our palm varities collections are concerned...!

Few Talipot palms,bismarkia,phoenix,oil palm,livistonia,royal palms,raphisis...that's all we got here.

And you sound disappointed seeing this garden but iam not surprised by your question... :) And their was a horticulture society here in chennai,just a month ago they have shut down,i can't imagine what will be the fate of those ornamental plants which need regular watering ?

love,

Kris :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Kris, Sorry to hear that the gov't. has no time to maintain the gardens. Does the gov't allow a voluntary group to maintain any gov't gardens? Maybe a garden club or some other type of civic group to help maintain the gardens ?

Dear Scott :)

As for as voluntary org.they are all permitted but what happens here is when the elected goverment completes its term in office and a new goverment is elected..the new goverment does not follow the plans & ideas envisaged by the previous regime..so they drive away all the people appointed by the previous regime and the same pathetic condition of badly maintained gardens & parks remain as before ? :angry:

love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Kris, Sorry to hear that the gov't. has no time to maintain the gardens. Does the gov't allow a voluntary group to maintain any gov't gardens? Maybe a garden club or some other type of civic group to help maintain the gardens ?

The garden needs to invest in a couple of these goodies.

Used_2003_John_Deere_Mower_4110_254_Hours.jpg

Dear BigFrond :)

lovely machine,if i have big garden..i would have purschaed one for mine ! And peity is that,here the top ranks & officials are their not in for love of plants or animals.but they did not get a better job ! so their ability to influence the ruling goverment is very meger..? :hmm:

Thanks Big for your time & suggestion...really hope some indian adminstrator visit this thread and does something in this reagrd ! :unsure:

lots of love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

here is the strange fruit from that tree seen in the above stills...

IMG_2380.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Post #137 is a fruit from the sausage tree (Kigelia pinnata). It can get quite big and hard. Try to break it with a hammer and you will see what I mean. I have a juvenile growing in my backyard. The flowers and fruit a awsome.

Very interesting tour, Kris! Thanks for going to so much effort!

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Dear Big :)

i have not tried it but here are few house growing these wiered looking fruit trees,i will try what you have said... :)

Dear Jim :)

thanks,iam glad you visited this tour,since i want all here to know that we do have a great climate to grow all the palm varities but no one is just intreasted to grow them..! :angry:

thanks for your time,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

These vans are used by garden security officers to patrol this huge garden...to maintain law & order !

IMG_2385.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

A close up of the roof top temple !

IMG_2384.jpg

Love those yellow and green numbers Kris.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Love those yellow and green numbers Kris.

That's natural,the grass is always green in the opposite side.... :hmm:

lots of love to you,

Kris :lol:

love conquers all..

43278.gif

On that day,in these gardens their were rehursels for the following day big event,was going on.i.e every year the karnataka govt celeberates song & dance festival of the local traditonal folk art forms ! Artist from all the villages are invited to take part and public are allowed to sit and watch these cultural events for free...no entry ticket or passes needed.my brother & i were stunned by seeing the lovely performance given by the artist ! :)

And here are the visuals of it..this is conducted in the central point of that lovely garden....

IMG_2386.jpg

IMG_2387.jpg

IMG_2388.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Some audience seated in chairs & some are seated on the rock ,that you have seen in the stills before... IMG_2389.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

• 5 weeks later...

IMG_2391.jpg

the green coloured vans are all battery operated,to ward off pollution inside these gardens..

IMG_2392.jpg

here you can also see black wires in the floor which is used to recharge these green vehicles..

IMG_2393.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Walking towards the main gate ! visuals of that area...

IMG_2397.jpg

tourist just arrived in buses,to enter the garden that we just visited..

IMG_2400.jpg

some stalls were there,selling some fast foods & some art works brought from the villages around banglore..

IMG_2399.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

there you can see a 3 wheeler,we call it the auto or 'fut futtiya' very popular with tourist,since its very cheap mode of transport & airy too,since it has no doors or windows...everything is open to fresh air !

IMG_2398.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

The following stills were taken in the car park area,towards the main enterance..

IMG_2401.jpg

IMG_2402.jpg

IMG_2403.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

• 2 weeks later...

This is the statue of the person who had played an active role in this lalbagh garden_Banglore.

IMG_2409.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Right inside this beautiful garden campus,they also have a a small & neat looking nursery,also run by the same management ! here are those visuals...

IMG_2404.jpg

IMG_2406.jpg

All kinds of plant feed,bio agro products,tools & implements were all stocked at this display stall kept for sale..

IMG_2407.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif