IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Tour Of The LalBagh Gardens !

Kris

Thanks for all those great photos!

Love the photos that show the amazing size of the Corypha--you in front of one and the two women walking by one. And the rows of white-trunked palms, the big clustering palm, the various bamboos, the Bombax, and the little cultural bits of the statues and festival. Great job!

Mark

zone 7a (Avg. max low temp 0 to 5 F, -18 to -15 C), hot humid summers

Avgs___Jan__Feb__Mar__Apr__May__Jun__Jul__Aug__Sep__Oct__Nov__Dec

High___44___49___58___69___78___85___89___87___81___70___59___48

Low____24___26___33___42___52___61___66___65___58___45___36___28

Precip_3.1__2.7__3.6__3.0__4.0__3.6__3.6__3.6__3.8__3.3__3.2__3.1

Snow___8.1__6.2__3.4__0.4__0____0____0____0____0____0.1__0.8__2.2

Dear Mark :)

thanks for the appriceiation and even my favouriate stills would be the Talipot palms...

Lots of love,

Kris :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

there are many lakes inside this garden,and this one happens to be the largest of them all !

IMG_2326.jpg

And it has lots of fishes in them..

IMG_2325.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Fishing in this lake is prohibited,but here is a still of a man fishing in that lake standing very next to the hoarding ! :angry:

IMG_2329.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Mari :)

first of all welcome to palmtalk.and i think this is the first interaction between us.

and thanks very much and glad you liked it..stay tuned since we are just in the middle of this tour ! :) More stills yet to come... :rolleyes:

lots of love to you,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

A look at the lake & its surroundings....

IMG_2330.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2333.jpg

the fishes in the lake,i hope they are visible...

IMG_2332.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Very Nice pictures Kris.

That Bombax scopulorum is surely very impressive...and also the heavy and rouded canopy trees at the small island in the last pictures...are these common species in India?

Sirinhaém beach, 80 Km south of Recife - Brazil

Tropical oceanic climate, latitude 8° S

Temperature extremes: 25 to 31°C

2000 mm average rainfall, dry summers

Wow Kris, you took a lot of photos! :) What an interesting and unique garden. I loved the fat-trunked trees and the knobby ones. Of course, the palms were awesome. That silk tree was incredible, too. Looks like there are a lot of grafitti artists around. :angry: Thanks for the great field trip!!

C from NC

:)

Bone dry summers, wet winters, 2-3 days ea. winter in low teens.

Siler City, NC

Very Nice pictures Kris.

That Bombax scopulorum is surely very impressive...and also the heavy and rouded canopy trees at the small island in the last pictures...are these common species in India?

Dear Brother Gileno :)

i have no idea on this,since you must know all these years iam a person who thought CIPD's as a Huge well grown date palm... :blink: so less plant literate iam !

thanks for visiting & lots of love to you,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Wow Kris, you took a lot of photos! :) What an interesting and unique garden. I loved the fat-trunked trees and the knobby ones. Of course, the palms were awesome. That silk tree was incredible, too. Looks like there are a lot of grafitti artists around. :angry: Thanks for the great field trip !!

Dear NC Queen :)

thanks for visiting and glad you liked it,but i must say many stills are yet to come..And as for as the tatoos & grafiti works seen on those plants are really annoying but you must all understand,that we have more uneducated people and children spend more time working for their livelyhood...while only few have previlages in going to schools & collegues...so most don't know the value & natural tressures that our country have..but things will change soon someday ! And i have hope.

thanks & love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Banglore is such a pretty city, I wish I had had the chance to go to the gardens there as from your photos they are fantastic. I think they have the perfect climate for growing about anything:)

Edited by krishnaraoji88

-Krishna

Kailua, Oahu HI. Near the beach but dry!

Still have a garden in Zone 9a Inland North Central Florida (Ocala)

Dear Krishna :)

yes,that city has fentastic climate wise but has lots of power cut & the roads & streets cannot accomdiate the present traffic,which has increased 4 times due to sprouts in software companies..!

And stay tuned,since the tour is not yet over... :winkie:

lots of love to you,

love conquers all..

43278.gif