IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Tour Of The LalBagh Gardens !

Kris

Hai friends :)

This tour,of that lovely lalbagh gardens was covered when i was in banglore last year for my wedding function.and though i had a very hectic schedule,since the function was to commence from that day evening...and my parents & relatives all frouned at me hearing that iam gon'a take my camera,my little brother & my cab driver to that garden which is situated in the heart of the city ! Beleive me even their,while i was taking stills i was getting reminder calls as to i must came back quickly :angry: ...Since all here know preety well that i forget what time iam in,when iam one with nature ! :)

And a gentle reminder that visitors,must have a broadband connection to enjoy this thread fully...since i have not reduced the resolution much,since i did not want to compromise on clarity ! :rolleyes:

Hope you all enjoy this thread as much as i loved seeing those lalbagh gardens in person..

Thanks & Love,

Kris :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

this is Kris waiting for the breakfast on that day morning :

IMG_2093.jpg

this is our cab driver,a local man from banglore..he happens to know each nook & corner of banglore !

IMG_2108.jpg

And yes i know you all are asking where are the stills of that garden... :lol: patience ! the stills are on its way.... :hmm:

love conquers all..

43278.gif

here is the main entrence to that garden ! And this garden has around 4 entrence from 4 directions..so big it is ! And i have doubts wheather i have covered this place completely ?

IMG_2109.jpg

IMG_2110.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

this is the parking bay & i saw few palms around !

IMG_2113.jpg

IMG_2112.jpg

A close up of that palm..

IMG_2111.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Their is a small hill on top is a temple..

IMG_2116.jpg

And on that day the state of karnataka was celeberating its cultural folk dance..so their were stalls & vendors selling lots of art handiworks made of wood & clay etc..

IMG_2115.jpg

And stage was set up in the entrance of the garden,for the tribes & village artist to perform their skill...

IMG_2117.jpg

And here is a better close up of that stage with my little brother standing near it... :mrlooney:

IMG_2118.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

From now on,you can stroll inside the garden,and i will talk less,so as you are not disturbed from the tranquil atmosphere you are going to experience..And the stills are self explainatory ! :hmm:

IMG_2119.jpg

IMG_2120.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

the images you are seeing here are the angels of the forest,exactly as you have seen in lord of the rings...when the hero's cross the forest terretories angels come and ask questions etc..these are our angels_in 'Tropolicised' form !

IMG_2137.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Here in this still you can see the goddesses of the forest along with here angels..

IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Kris, you are a national treasure my man. Thanks for posting, and if I ever get to meet you, I will be so much the better person for it. Apart from that, where's the bloody talipots ?

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

IMG_2144.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

IMG_2145.jpg

Hello Dear Wal_it would be a honour for me too..,to met you some day ! :) and the talipot pot palms are all comming soon,So stay tuned my friend... :rolleyes:

love conquers all..

43278.gif

IMG_2150.jpg

IMG_2151.jpg

This is the famous glass house,where delicate plants are placed during the flower show season...(yearly twice they conduct this !)

IMG_2152.jpg

:)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

IMG_2158.jpg

IMG_2159.jpg

This is the panaromic view from the main entrence :-

IMG_2162.jpg

This tall tree we call it as the christmas tree,that we decorate in month of december :)

IMG_2160.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Nice tour of a lovely garden Kris!! :greenthumb:

Dave Hughson

Carlsbad, Ca

1 mile from ocean

Zone 10b

Palm freaks are good peeps!!!!!

thanks for the emcouragement_Dear Dave ! :)

here is a close-up of that tall christmas tree...?

IMG_2172.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now lets see the visitors restricted area,where they have kept new young saplings & new cuttings of Cactus & other flowering plants...

IMG_2176.jpg

IMG_2177.jpg

IMG_2178.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Here is a still of Borassus,of some kind ? And i assumed its our local_Palmyra Palm !

IMG_2187.jpg

here is a still of that mystery palm with me standing beside it... :rolleyes: Is it a Latania of some kind ?

IMG_2188.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Wal,shall we see the Talipot palms as seen in lalbagh gardens...i have covered this topic long back ! but iam doing this again...just for the benefit of those who had not visited that thread before... :hmm:

IMG_2173.jpg

IMG_2171.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

When ever i got a chance,i stood near those jamboo's to get myself photographed.. :D

IMG_2194.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

IMG_2197.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif