IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Ti Plants

spockvr6

(spockvr6 @ Apr. 07 2008,13:42)

(Scott Mcintosh @ Apr. 07 2008,12:02)

I was able to find Maria ......this weekend.

Scotty!  Where did you find "Maria"?  I havent seen that one.

Larry, Found it at Target on W. Waters they did have a couple more.Mixed in with the Red Sisters.

Scott   :cool:   Citrus Park FL. N.W Tampa   www.aroundmyhouse.com                                                                                                      

(Scott Mcintosh @ Apr. 07 2008,13:54)

Larry, Found it at Target on W. Waters they did have a couple more.Mixed in with the Red Sisters.

Awww man!  I drove right by that store today!

Larry 

Palm Harbor, FL 10a / Ft Myers, FL 10b

Larry ,I too love cordylines.Your garden is vibrant with color.Have you checked out Agristarts near Orlando? They have about ten varieties.My favorite is Wileys Gold.

El Oasis - beach garden, distinct wet/dry season ,year round 20-38c

Las Heliconias - jungle garden ,800m elevation,150+ inches rainfall, year round 15-28c

(spockvr6 @ Apr. 07 2008,15:26)

I truly am hopeless......My daughter and I swung by a different Target and although they didnt have "Maria", they did have some nice and full "Exotics" (which I think are the same as "Exotica".  So, I couldnt resist a pair of them, along with one of those "Tropicanna" plants at 50% off.

Larry 

(scottgt @ Apr. 07 2008,18:34)

Larry ,I too love cordylines.Your garden is vibrant with color.Have you checked out Agristarts near Orlando? They have about ten varieties.My favorite is Wileys Gold.

Scott-

Thank you for the compliment.

I have not been to Agristarts (as Orlando is a few hours away)....but a Willys Gold is high on my list!  I have never seen them for sale in anything other than cuttings from online sellers.  That is one fantastic Ti!  Do they sell them at Agristart?

Larry 

Larry,

You did a great job with mixing your colors. I like it alot. I used to grow over 100 varieties, but with a lack of interest, I had to make a decision and decided to stop raising so many. I have only 15 or so different ones now. But, well done.

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

wow Larry, thats a TI PARTY! :P  :P

Love the colors and shapes of these plants.  I have a red sister but it gets defoliated each winter with mid to low 20's.   just comes out looking ragged and beat. but by fall is awesome again. I need to give it a better home. I may take it down south to my grandpas this summer

Luke

Tallahassee, FL - USDA zone 8b/9a

63" rain annually

January avg 65/40 - July avg 92/73

North Florida Palm Society - http://palmsociety.blogspot.com/

I emailed Allen from Seeds Hawaii and he sold me cuttings that are 12" rather than 6" for a dollar more a cutting. BTW-he's a real nice guy to deal with.

My Ti grow about 18" a year or so.

Ken-I would love to do a SoCal Ti swap. Maybe as an adjunct to a Palm Society meeting?!?!

David

Hollywood Hills West, Los Angeles, CA USA

Southwest facing canyon | Altitude 600 - 775 feet | Decomposing granite
USDA Zone 10b | AHS 6 | Sunset Zone 23 | Köppen Csb | No frost or freezes
Average Low 49 F°/9.4 C° | Average High 79 F°/28.8 C° | Average Rainfall 20"/50.8 cm

(spockvr6 @ Apr. 07 2008,19:41)

I truly am hopeless......My daughter and I swung by a different Target and although they didnt have "Maria", they did have some nice and full "Exotics" (which I think are the same as "Exotica".  So, I couldnt resist a pair of them, along with one of those "Tropicanna" plants at 50% off.

Larry, I wll be going to that Lowes when I leave work today around noon. I can run into the Target and pick them up for you.  PM me if interested and I will check PM before I leave work.

Scott   :cool:   Citrus Park FL. N.W Tampa   www.aroundmyhouse.com                                                                                                      

(Scott Mcintosh @ Apr. 08 2008,09:07)

(spockvr6 @ Apr. 07 2008,19:41)

Larry, I wll be going to that Lowes when I leave work today around noon. I can run into the Target and pick them up for you.  PM me if interested and I will check PM before I leave work.

PM sent!

Larry 

(Jeff Searle @ Apr. 07 2008,19:54)

Larry,

You did a great job with mixing your colors. I like it alot. I used to grow over 100 varieties, but with a lack of interest, I had to make a decision and decided to stop raising so many. I have only 15 or so different ones now. But, well done.

Jeff

Thanks for the kind words Jeff.  Im sure that youve got more leaf litter in your yard and nursery than I have total plants, so this is a nice compliment :D  

100 varieties of Ti at one point!?!?!? Holy smokes!  

Do you have a list of the 15 you grow now?

Larry 

Make the drive to Jeff's Larry.  It's well worth it.

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B

• 2 weeks later...

OK Larry, we're going to have to check you into Cordyline rehab.! :wacko:

Will be in Hilo end of next month, so expect some more. You'll have to pm me where to send them.

Tim

Tim

Hilo, Hawaii

OK Larry, we're going to have to check you into Cordyline rehab.! :wacko:

Will be in Hilo end of next month, so expect some more. You'll have to pm me where to send them.

Tim

Tim-

I will surely email you the proper address :) Much obliged!

As for rehab....Im too far gone....just let me go! I am happy to be heading into the abyss :mrlooney:

I havent updated this thread (out of embarrassment) as since my last posting Ive bought so many more that Ive lost count!

Larry 

Larry, I was at the Lowes in Oldsmar yesterday they now have Calypso Queen in stock. Really nice with 5 plants per pot. Scott

Larry, I was at the Lowes in Oldsmar yesterday they now have Calypso Queen in stock. Really nice with 5 plants per pot. Scott

Scott-

Thanks for the heads up.

I will confess.....Ive already bought a dozen of those (along with a few dozen of some others) this past week :rolleyes:

Larry 

I will confess.....Ive already bought a dozen of those (along with a few dozen of some others) this past week :rolleyes:

Edited by Tampa Scott

Larry,Larry, Larry, I am going to start calling you " TI MAN" :lol: That Ti Fever has hit you hard.

Yes....I think the fever has hit me hard......to the tune of about 300 bucks this week :lol:

Larry 

My trip is finally here. I leave out Friday morning for Miami. Hope to come your way on the trip home (with shovel) and finally see that garden in person. I will contact you early next week.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

My trip is finally here. I leave out Friday morning for Miami. Hope to come your way on the trip home (with shovel) and finally see that garden in person. I will contact you early next week.

Keith-

Shoot me a note when you know your schedule! If I know when you are coming, Ill have the palm already dug out and the rootball wrapped for you.

Larry 

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of all this where is the best place in the Tampa area to get a good selection of tis cheap? Lowe's? (if so, is there one that is best?)

Just hit the Lowes in your area and check what they have in stock. I have not seen anything that I do not have in the last 2 wks. What named TIs are you looking for?The Lowes near me still have a good stock of Tis as of last week. Scott

Here in South Texas they have nada in stock except maybe Red Sister. Even last year they had the giant black ones but not this year unfortunately

you just have to beat my dad there Richard, you think they have no stock but he has the delivery schedule down!

Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.

Abraham Lincoln

The way of the transgressor is hard

I found Sherberti this weekend at Lowes.

Yes....I found a half dozen of those at WalMart as well. Of course, I had to buy them all :mrlooney:

Larry