IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

New Driveway Strip, Part II

DoomsDave

(NM_PALM_BOY @ Sep. 07 2006,12:09)

Hey Dave,

WOW! That sky sure is blue! Are you sure your in So. Cal.?  ??? IMG_0134.jpg This is how I remeber it looking! LOL

(View from Fiancee's condo- Century City)

Doug

nm!

Nice to see you again!

Well, I hate to admit it, but the smog laws do work, especially in places like the Big ORgy, where urbanization hasn't run quite as wild as in LA.

Hmm.  Looks like the Century City pic is haze, not smog, a HUGE difference, my lungs tell me.

Dave (focus on the breath . . . . . )

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

(chris78 @ Sep. 05 2006,23:25)

Hey Dave

Post all you want about your driveway, tooshort just have to get over it... anyway like Palmazon says C. plumosa would be a good palm if you want palms for that area. They tolerate sun well, and dry, poor soil and the leaves are soft, and won't damage your car or people.

I thought TooShorts idea about the hedge was great its sounds $ Cost Effective $

Hey Dave,

Unfortunately, it's smog...not haze from coastal influences (fog, humidity, etc). As you know, it's been dry as a bone (and hot) in LA lately. Offshore breeze today!

Doug

PS..Just be'in a smartalic anyway!  :D There is such a difference in sky color from LA to ABQ..I commute a lot..easy to compare and notice.

Los Angeles, California

Avg July: Sunny, 72F

Avg January: Sunny, 72F

Coldest Ever Recorded: Sunny, 72F

Ave Annual Precip: Sunny, 72F

:cool: