IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Phoenix pollen wanted

MattyB

JD in the OC, has inspired me to try and pollinate my female P. roebellini's w/ some other Phoenix species.  Would anyone be willing to send me some pollen?  I'm planning ahead because I know they all don't flower at the same time here.  Maybe someone in Florida has a nice fat male flower they could shake out and send me the good stuff.....I'm interested in P. rupicola first and foremost, then P. reclinata, and P. canariensis.  I'd be happy to pay for postage.  PM me or just send it to:

Matt Bradford

1931 Englewood Dr.

Lemon Grove, CA 91945

My social security number is 576-33-5699

Or I'll be out of town for the next two weeks and my doors will be unlocked so you could just set it on the coffee table.  Thanks

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

Hello Matt, I can get you any of the pollen your asking for. The pollen for JD's hybrid triangles came from my teddy. I picked it, bagged it and mailed it to Justen then he stored it untill he was ready. You can save the pollen for awhile from what I've been told. Give me a call @ 239-466-5435

Matt,

Whats the inside of the frig. looking like? :D

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Matt, I've got a Reclinata hybrid(Xroebellini?) that I think is flowering...you can come get it you-seff...

If global warming means I can grow Cocos Nucifera, then bring it on....

(MattyB @ Aug. 30 2006,02:24)

My social security number is 576-33-5699

Or I'll be out of town for the next two weeks and my doors will be unlocked so you could just set it on the coffee table.  Thanks

Congratulations Matt, you're the pround owner of my new car, stereo, tv, sofa, and computer.  I'll swing by while you're out and drop off the receits on your kitchen table...

Jack Sayers

East Los Angeles

growing cold tolerant palms halfway between the equator and the arctic circle...

(Jeff Searle @ Aug. 30 2006,08:26)

Matt,

Whats the inside of the frig. looking like? :D

beerfridge.JPG

image courtesy tomsachs.org

I get by with a little help from my fronds

seriously, though - if you want Phoenix pollen, don't you just have to lick your finger and stick it in the wind?

I get by with a little help from my fronds