IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

"Give her the tongue!" -- Wedding Horror stories

DoomsDave

Howdyall:

Just goes to show what happens to the idle mind which becomes the Devil's workshop . . . .

I found the link below which detailed people's horrific guests at weddings.

My favorite was the one quoted above.

Anyone have any tales of their own . . . ?   ???  ???  ???

CLICK HERE FOR WEDDING HORRA TALES

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Well, just more reasons why eloping is a better choice!  When our daughter got married several years ago, I told her she could have so much money to use as she saw fit - have a traditional wedding or elope or whatever.  That was all I told her - no advice on flowers, guests, dresses, food, anything.  She did ask me a couple of things but it was her wedding, after all.  Her mother-in-law was just the opposite and wanted to butt in on everything.  She even accused my daughter of being a gold-digger.  She is a teacher and he is a fireman.  Not sure where the gold is she was looking to dig!

Anyway, about 2 weeks before the wedding, she told me that eloping would have been a better choice.   They could have gone to Barbados, had a great honeymoon and had money left over.

I'm not sure which is a bigger waste of money - overdone weddings or overdone funerals.

Palmmermaid

Kitty Philips

West Palm Beach, FL

The only thing that I can think of was one wedding Andrea and I went to, they had left the cheap disposable camera's on the table to use. Well, one table passed it around alright, underneath and took some pretty scantly shots,of course these were female shots. I never of course saw them, just heard about it. The bride told Andrea weeks later because her mom was the one that had them all developed!

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

We had already lived together in sin for 8 years before we decided to get married. So when we had our wedding, we decided that what we really wanted, was a big liqour party for all our friends. We were living in Los Angeles at the time, and had been to several weddings held at swank places like the Beverly Hills Country Club, Malibu Beach Club, etc,  where the groom was a fellow Neurosurgeon and the bride was a model (or actress, or whore, or whateva) and we decided that that was NOT the route for us personally.

So, being practically atheists anyhow, we rented an outdoor venue in a historic Dallas park, where my husband is from (because I had no family left) and had a great 20 minute outdoor ceremony, followed by an all night party for all our buds.

Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers...they make the best wedding guests.

"You can't see California without Marlon Brando's eyes"---SliPknot

Gonna keep advice in mind, or whatever passes for same . . . .

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

was just wondering what percentage of weddings are screwed because of alcohol/drugs (not prescription pain killers) ?  

I'm guessing 90% of all wedding's have an incident that's alcohol related.   The other 10% are weddings that don't  have alcohol.  The older I get the less tolerant I am of drunks.  and I am one (used to be one).

Kent in Kansas.

Gowing palm trees in the middle of the country - Kansas.

It's hot in the summer (usually) and cold in the winter (always).

I saw that video awhile ago. It was really good.

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Hmm.

Great vid!

Who needs to get married . . . .