IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Another quick trip to Panama

Jeff in St Pete

A couple weeks ago I headed down to Panama for my obligatory 72 hours so that I can live in Costa Rica for another 90 days.  

On the way down we stopped at a restaurant south of Dominical, Costa Rica.  This place had beautiful views and I just had to take a few pictures.

P1190001.jpg

Formerly Jeff in Costa Rica

A very nice row of Queen palms at a shopping center in David, Panama

P1200006.jpg

Jeff,

I am just curious, is there a limit of how many times you can get the 90 day visa for Costa Rica? Is immigration very difficult there?

dk

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

03° 06' 07'' South 60° 01' 30'' West

Altitude 92 Meters / 308 feet above sea level

1,500 kms / 932 miles to the mouth of the Amazon River

Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil - A Cidade da Floresta

Where the world´s largest Tropical Rainforest embraces the Greatest Rivers in the World. .

82331.gif

Click here to visit Amazonas

amazonas2.jpg

(Jeff in Costa Rica @ Feb. 11 2008,16:26)

A couple weeks ago I headed down to Panama for my obligatory 72 hours so that I can live in Costa Rica for another 90 days.  

On the way down we stopped at a restaurant south of Dominical, Costa Rica.  This place had beautiful views and I just had to take a few pictures.

P1190001.jpg

Thanks Jeff,

That looks so tantalising and the palms, are those Euterpe ?

Magnifico.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

(amazondk @ Feb. 11 2008,06:25)

Jeff,

I am just curious, is there a limit of how many times you can get the 90 day visa for Costa Rica? Is immigration very difficult there?

dk

Hi Don,

I can only stay in Costa Rica for 90 days at a time on my passport.  No additional visas are needed.  As far as I know, there is no limit to the amount of times I can leave and come back.  Many Americans have been here for years doing this.  Some people even pay someone to take their passports to the border and have them stamped and they never leave the country!  Of course that is totally illegal, but people do it.  Once I get Residency, I will not have to leave every 90 days.  But, residency can be very costly and take years of paperwork.  I hope to eventually get residency, but in the meantime I have to leave Costa Rica every 90 days for at least 72 hours.  It's not so bad, it gives me a chance to see other countries.  I still plan on going to Nicaragua and Guatemala on some of my future trips out of Costa Rica.

(Wal @ Feb. 11 2008,07:34)

(Jeff in Costa Rica @ Feb. 11 2008,16:26)

P1190001.jpg

Thanks Jeff,

That looks so tantalising and the palms, are those Euterpe ?

Magnifico.

Thanks Wal, the coastline in the southern part of Costa Rica is spectacular!  

I'm pretty sure they are all coconuts in that picture.

(Jeff in Costa Rica @ Feb. 11 2008,12:21)

(amazondk @ Feb. 11 2008,06:25)

Jeff,

dk

Hi Don,

I can only stay in Costa Rica for 90 days at a time on my passport.  No additional visas are needed.  As far as I know, there is no limit to the amount of times I can leave and come back.  Many Americans have been here for years doing this.  Some people even pay someone to take their passports to the border and have them stamped and they never leave the country!  Of course that is totally illegal, but people do it.  Once I get Residency, I will not have to leave every 90 days.  But, residency can be very costly and take years of paperwork.  I hope to eventually get residency, but in the meantime I have to leave Costa Rica every 90 days for at least 72 hours.  It's not so bad, it gives me a chance to see other countries.  I still plan on going to Nicaragua and Guatemala on some of my future trips out of Costa Rica.

Jeff,

I don't know what your marital status is but, marraige sort of solves all immigration problems.  And, there are a lot of candidates in Costa Rica if my memory serves me right.

dk

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

03° 06' 07'' South 60° 01' 30'' West

Altitude 92 Meters / 308 feet above sea level

1,500 kms / 932 miles to the mouth of the Amazon River

Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil - A Cidade da Floresta

Where the world´s largest Tropical Rainforest embraces the Greatest Rivers in the World. .

82331.gif

Click here to visit Amazonas

amazonas2.jpg

Don,  I have already had offers!  But I think I will go about getting residency the other way!

Jeff -

Have you made it to Boquete, Panama yet? We have been thinking of buying property somewhere in the Chiriqui highlands. thanks for posting the pics of Panama. Very interesting that they use queen palms in David.

NW Hillsborough County, FL (Near Tampa)

10 miles east of the Gulf of Mexico

Border of Zone 9b/10a

Lakefront Microclimate

Hi Kyle,

The next time I have to leave Costa Rica (which will be the end of April), I plan on going to Boquete.  I almost took a bus up there from David last time, but decided to wait until the next trip and stay in Boquete.  I've heard it's a beautiful town up in the mountains surrounded by coffee plantations.  From what I hear there are many expats living there too and land is still relatively inexpensive.  

The Queen palms in David all looked perfect.  I know they are common, but when they are well grown they sure are beautiful and graceful looking palms!

those queens look more "delicate" than their counterparts here in socal,very beautiful!

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.