IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Highest Winter Temperatures

bubba

(bubba @ Feb. 15 2008,08:14)

Feb.15,2008-MH-Laredo,Tx-86F.;ML-Key West-66F.Results-MH-Fl-41;Tx-31;Ca.-6;Az-2; ML-Fl-70;Tx-4;Ca;1;Az-1.Other state highs included Tucson 70,Camarillo,Ca. 66, Miami 77 and New Iberia 68.

This concludes the Winter State High/Low results. Spring has arrived throughout all palm growing areas,even the more Northern areas. Without question,more cold is possible but the results provide interesting statistics and an insight into Winter in the Lower 48.I will follow with some observations and encourage your comments.

Laredo was 88 according to NWS official data.

:)

Great job keeping up the  info Bubba.

I knew both FL and TX would take a lot of the highs.  I think that AZ and Cal would have had a few more in a normal year, but they seem to have been down this winter.

Bubba:

Good job keeping up with all those temps.

I've been eyeing the weather in my local paper.  It seems that Phoenix has had a very mild winter.   Overall, their daytime highs were cooler than our's!    I'm sure they've enjoyed their winter.

However, it seems like Marathon Florida was on a heatwave "marathon".  Mid 80's for most of January.... Seems pretty hot!!!

Laredo and the LRG Valley are cooking up and we've had some hot days here.

Linda

San Antonio, TX

29.50N 98 W Elev: 950 ft

Zone 8b/9a (Half my zip code 8, other half 9) Heat Zone 10

Currently, all my palms are hardy to 8b.

լինդա կարամանիան մալդոնադո

(My name: Armenian)

• 3 months later...

Just saw it was 107F at Death Valley.Thought this may be reassuring.

What you look for is what is looking

• 2 months later...

hi bubba,

you can do this again for the next winter ?

TEMP. JAN. 21/10 C (69/50 F), AUG. 29/20 C (84/68 F). COASTAL DESERT, MOST DAYS MILD OR WARM, SUNNY AND DRY. YEARLY PRECIPITATION: 210 MM (8.2 INCHES). ZONE 11 NO FREEZES CLOSE TO THE OCEAN.

5845d02ceb988_3-copia.jpg.447ccc2a7cc4c6

Hello Cristobal, I fully intend to.I have perfected my imperfect method and can do it efficiently.It will be interesting. How are your Coconut Palms doing in the Heat out West?

What you look for is what is looking