IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Lovely Cars That We Love To See..

Kris

Went to Palm Beach Supercar Weekend :P  :P  :P  :P  More $$$ iron in one place, than I've ever seen. Some random pics enjoy  DSC_0107.jpg  

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

DSC_0070.jpg   This was hand painted to look like tatoos!

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

DSC_0057-1.jpg    More later :D

DSC_0043.jpg   Veyron interior (notice palm!)

THATS what I'm talkin' about! Cool!

:cool:

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

DSC_0058-2.jpg  My nephew gets hisdrivers license in a few months.....be afraid, be very afraid :o

DSC_0049-1.jpg  White interior not for the gardining type!

DSC_0108.jpg  I THINK MY HEAD IS GONNA EXPLODE!

DSC_0072.jpg  The new Maserati coupe!

Nice pics Randy!  I shoulda done this show instead of the Ferrari's...  I saw that Maserati in post 164 on I-95 the day prior to the show...  Very cool car indeed!  I also love the Bugatti, too bad the colors are so off...  not my taste at all.

DSC_0092.jpg  How about this color! (there were 2  :cool: )

Most of those cars look pretty fantastic. BUT, the big question - can you put a 15 ft tall Lemurophoenix in any of them??? ???

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Coulnd't fit a one (and who would want to?)! :P ....  BUT, you could trade them in for about a zillion and a half Lemurs and Coco de mer's and probably have enough left over to pay help to transport and plant them all! :laugh:

You'll need 2 Veyrons, 1 formal & 1  sport &  have your Lemur delivered!!!!

Wow, you guys have it all figured out! I'm impressed :D

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Dear randy  :)

lovely stills and great dream cars...and that buggati looks great !

thanks & love,

Kris  :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Kris, I am not a car guy but my Jeep lease was coming to it's conclusion. As a six year old,my Grandmother showed me a 1961 Royal Blue Jaguar XKE Convertible.That car was always an Icon in my mind.

Unknown to me,my wife and oldest son located a vehicle that was"Ballpark".My oldest son did a great job negotiating the purchase.I, the non car man, have car.

post-219-1202002313_thumb.jpg

What you look for is what is looking

Kinda a crytic message, Bubba, But It looks like you just got a Jag?  :)

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

BS, A 2002 Convertible XK-8. Owned by a lady whose principal residence is Nantucket.She owns a cottage here but drives her other car.My purchase had 11,000 miles and her mechanic took good care. She tired of having a convertible.My payment,as negotiated by my son, is considerably less than the Jeep.My son knew without that,no go. Way too much Scottish blood!

What you look for is what is looking

Dear Bubba  :)

if i was your neighbour i would have pestered you to give me a treat for that jag purschase..

english make fine cars like jag,bently,rolls,mini,Aston martin...

but i was told these guys are on high maintanence unlike japanes cars like toyota,honda,mistubushi,nissan.

but iam glad for one thing that you have acheived your childhood dream car !

for me i do not know the model number but even i have a dream car of childhood days its a white mercedes of 1970's batch production line..this baby had a oval headlight in front,stainless steal wipe arm,door handles all plated chrome,bumpers all chorme finish the steering is white hard plastic,totally analogue instrumentation,hand break lever was near the drivers steering within arms reach..

And will have a thick anti-scratch beeding in the door,that would start from the front headlight to read brake light assembly..and will have cross play tyre with mild white wall beezel and the rim will have a pointed star hub caps !_I love it !

And in one of the post i read that one of our memeber had recently bought that beauty with a desiel powerplant running it.i hope he read this and post pictures of it !  :)

So its clear all have a special space for some special car in their life..And for bill its the TVR !  :)

love,

Kris  :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Spot on, Kris!

Congrats, Bubba!

• 3 weeks later...

Mike (newcal) dropped by this morning to show me his new wheels...

2008 Holden SS Ute 270kw/360bhp

69122dea.jpg

Gold Coast, Queensland Latitude 28S. Mild, Humid Subtropical climate. Rainfall - not consistent enough!

Very nice Michael, look forward to a ride sometime in the future.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Slick!!!

(Daryl @ Feb. 26 2008,22:34)

Mike (newcal) dropped by this morning to show me his new wheels...

2008 Holden SS Ute 270kw/360bhp

69122dea.jpg

Quote from Wikipedia:

"It has been constantly rumored for years in the US that GM may bring back the El Camino. GM already has a vehicle ready in Australia in the form of the Holden Ute."

"A Chevrolet badged version, known as the Lumina Ute, is sold in South Africa. It has been recently rumored that the Holden Ute will be brought to the States first as a GMC concept and then as the Pontiac G8ST".

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Cool looking, Daryl!!

Too many times, however, concept vehicles, esp. by the American "Big 3", never make it to the road. :(

Where was your car assembled? Oz?

SoCal and SoFla; zone varies by location.

'Home is where the heart suitcase is'...

_____

"If, as they say, there truly is no rest for the wicked, how can the Devil's workshop be filled with idle hands?"

Gee, I wish it was my ute! Mike is the lucky one...

Utes are actually an OZ design, and have been made here since the 1930s. This one is a Holden (GM) made in Oz. It is based on the Australian developed 'Zeta' platform as is our 'full size car' the Commodore. The new Chevy Camaro is also based on the same platform, and was designed in Oz, believe it or not.

The new Pontiac G8 is actually a re-badged Holden Commodore with a new front end treatment. They are also talking about releasing it as a new Chevy Impala.

regards,

Daryl

Gold Coast, Queensland Latitude 28S. Mild, Humid Subtropical climate. Rainfall - not consistent enough!