• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Variegated anthurium

metalfan

I bought this plant from Asiatica.

Its supposedly called Anthurium "Golden Glitter" but I believe that they make up a lot of plant names off the top of their heads (I may be wrong, but it seems that way)

When I got it, it was indeed variegated, but very very subtly so. Green with a gold variegation.

Since its been under my care, planted in the ground in the greenhouse, it has put out 3 new leaves that are largely white with some green areas. The green darkens greatly with time.

I have fertilized it with Peter's Excel 15-5-15 Cal/Mag fertilizer, and also with Nutricote, and with Jerry's Grow Orchid fertilizer. Just whatever happens to splash on it, LOL.

I posted a photo of it on another forum, after it had put out only one whitish leaf, and was told, "That plant has a really bad virus and it won't survive".

But it has, and it seems to be doing well.

Do you think the "new" variegation has to do with nutrients in the fertilizer? I don't think its gonna croak.

GoldenGlitter1.jpg

• Upvote 1

"You can't see California without Marlon Brando's eyes"---SliPknot

• 12 years later...

Hi! Have you found an I.D. For this plant yet? I have the same, or similar plant. It was bought under the name Diamond Dust in 2008. Have yet to get an ID on it!